S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course it's possible. I have 2 sunday millions tickets from freerolls. If I run like God then I could get rich from them... it unlikely though! (Happy with min cash :ROFLMAO:)

But I wouldn't rely only on freerolls, and while it's a shame pokerstars stopped the CC freerolls it's not a really a big deal for me. Sometimes these freerolls are too much distraction for too little reward.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Could you become rich from freerolls? I believe you can. The odds of it happening are extreme though. To start with freeroll winning and to slowly grow your game to a point of being a winning player to saving up enough of the free roll winning to start a bankroll them using proper bankroll management while continuing to learn and improve to keep moving up to becomes a real shark is possible but so unlikely to be nearly imposable. The other way to become rich, depending on your idea of rich is to win enough to get into a big event and win it. Again, the likeliness is nearly imposable to happen.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
For some highly disciplined people it works as foundation to get rich.
Not me though.. no patience and no need to rely exlusively on freerolls

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I'm up over $7,000 NZ dollars. Takes time though. Now Stars have stopped Freerolls, expect the good days are gone...

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is well known that Wiktor Malinowski started from freerolls to playing the biggest games in the world so it can be done but very difficult.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Stop crying about those freerolls for once,if you love poker so much, go and play for play money, it costs nothing!
Hi
I love poker because there are freerolls in poker :)
For me, freerolls are primarily entertainment, but also an opportunity to win money that you can then try to double in other tournaments. Without freerolls, things don't look as good as with them :)..... and I'm not crying, but it's definitely a shame that the number of freerolls is decreasing every year.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Stephen Chidwick to answer in concrete your question. I know others who actually goes from freerolls to rich. But Chidwick goes from freerolls to millioner

Last edited:
GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Says the guy that was in every single freeroll LOL
All money i won from poker till now its thanks to the freerolls,even the money from the money tournaments that i have won,if there was no freeroll would be much harder XD

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
There are many players who have started playing freerolls and have won a lot of money, such as Chris Moorman and Annette Obrestad

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many players who have started playing freerolls and have won a lot of money, such as Chris Moorman and Annette Obrestad
I remember playing with Moorman, its amazing how good he got so fast.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a game of chance, and excitement gives hope for quick profits... playing for play money differs from playing for real money with the risk of losing your bankroll. I don’t know who got rich on freerolls, but I’m sure that you get more emotions from freerolls than from playing with game chips.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is well known that Wiktor Malinowski started from freerolls to playing the biggest games in the world so it can be done but very difficult.
Sure but its not really that different from starting with a $100 deposit and then eventually end up playing the biggest games in the world. Which a lot of players have done. And there are other and faster ways to earn $100 than playing freerolls.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Stop crying about those freerolls for once,if you love poker so much, go and play for play money, it costs nothing!
Hi
I, unlike you, am not used to spending my own money on poker. I think most members of our community do not have such a habit either, and therefore freerolls are simply necessary for us :)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with you that poker players shouldn't get caught up in freerolls. Someone even said that if we all played freerolls, the rooms would cease to exist, as they live off people who make deposits regularly. But the issue goes much further than that:
A drug dealer offers free drugs to addict users and then starts charging.
Microsoft offered Windows for free until everyone depended on it and then charged.
Google has done the same and I'll stop here because the list is long...
It turns out that poker rooms offer freerolls for the same purpose. But the plan has backfired as many players use the freeroll to build a bankroll and then play without any investment.
I make deposits, but I also withdraw good amounts with freerolls. However, I'm not at all bothered by people who break the system, get out of the Matrix and use their wits to play without spending anything.
Try to see this as just an income transfer system. Where people like you make deposits to fund the system, while people like us, who don't have the money to keep depositing like crazy, use our poker skills to make money from it.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I agree with you that poker players shouldn't get caught up in freerolls. Someone even said that if we all played freerolls, the rooms would cease to exist, as they live off people who make deposits regularly. But the issue goes much further than that:
A drug dealer offers free drugs to addict users and then starts charging.
Microsoft offered Windows for free until everyone depended on it and then charged.
Google has done the same and I'll stop here because the list is long...
It turns out that poker rooms offer freerolls for the same purpose. But the plan has backfired as many players use the freeroll to build a bankroll and then play without any investment.
I make deposits, but I also withdraw good amounts with freerolls. However, I'm not at all bothered by people who break the system, get out of the Matrix and use their wits to play without spending anything.
Try to see this as just an income transfer system. Where people like you make deposits to fund the system, while people like us, who don't have the money to keep depositing like crazy, use our poker skills to make money from it.
Everything starts with a small amount and even a big million consists of many small cents (everything is connected to each other)

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Freerolls is a good way to get poker experience and build a bankroll to use for buy in at cashgames,sng or mtt.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi
I, unlike you, am not used to spending my own money on poker. I think most members of our community do not have such a habit either, and therefore freerolls are simply necessary for us :)
He isn't either ! Playing in every single freeroll. And pretty bad I must say.
No intention to diss just objective observation^^

Many who played against him would back me up here

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think you can get rich from freerolls, but it is a good way to learn and be confident when you do play

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Once upon a time in the mid 2000s I ran a play money bankroll on Full Tilt into around $8,600 USD.
Long before the days of buying play chips (lol @ that whole scene), they used to have a 500k play chip buy-in where there were only about 60 players, but the top 18 got paid, min payout was $2, and the winner got $5.
Using that, I got into the micros, and escalated from there...

Nowadays though, the pickings are wayyyy slimmer than they were back then. In fact, my discovery of this website was due to wondering, "who's even still offering freerolls anymore?"
But if you're using this site to the highest freeroll level, the offerings of CardsChat are easily enough to run up a decent roll - certainly enough to be able to play comfortably in the micros. On PokerStars today, if you can't make it with $100, you probably just can't make it.

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Sure but its not really that different from starting with a $100 deposit and then eventually end up playing the biggest games in the world. Which a lot of players have done. And there are other and faster ways to earn $100 than playing freerolls.
Yeah, but then you don't get that incalculably-sick ROI stat. 😎 lol

That's all I care about when doing bankroll challenges..."how many X my original amount have I made?"

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had one good tounament and then not to much success after that.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolls are a good way to build a starting bankroll in order to then grow the limits and become rich. No risk. There are many people who have gone this route. This option may not be right for you, but everyone is different and everyone has their own path. Why are you so categorical?

Freeroll Passwords