puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With freerolls, even bad players can eventually make money. In poorer countries, $1 from a freeroll goes a long way towards food, fuel, etc.

When playing buy-in games, those bad players will now most likely lose money. And with play money, they gain nothing.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It always depends, but we need to get serious 0.25 or 250 buy in...

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
wealth is a relative thing, as has been noticed in some countries, you can go to the store for $ 1, and in some you can't buy bread for $ 1))) I filled a bankroll on freerolls and now I'm already playing for money)) but there are still microlimits :-(

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poorer countries, $1 from a freeroll goes a long way towards food, fuel, etc.
But not as long as $500 per month, if you learn to beat regular games and become some sort of grinder. The issue with freerolls is, that people often get stuck in them and never move on.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Stop crying about those freerolls for once,if you love poker so much, go and play for play money, it costs nothing!
Hmmm... is this a thread sponsored by the good folx who brought us the Tourette's syndrome? I'm just trying to figure out "who's crying now" about freerolls, since it's not necessarily explained in the initial post.
I was drawn to the thread by the title, itself. As far as I know a lot of players have made a substantial amount of $ from playing in freerolls. I myself have made a buck or two. I've attached a fine example (I know it's old, but it proves my point).
I remember Annette Obrestad was one of the first players to get her start from freeroll winnings. I've been playing at ACR for over 5 yrs and have yet to make a deposit. I haven't become a wealthy man by any means, but it keeps my roll from going into the red.

Attachments

• 1st Freeroll Win!.jpg
    1st Freeroll Win!.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 18
luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
With freerolls, even bad players can eventually make money. In poorer countries, $1 from a freeroll goes a long way towards food, fuel, etc.

When playing buy-in games, those bad players will now most likely lose money. And with play money, they gain nothing.
Then everything is based on money, we want money and online poker bosses want money, but you, my friend, are unhappy and crying again!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Hmmm... is this a thread sponsored by the good folx who brought us the Tourette's syndrome? I'm just trying to figure out "who's crying now" about freerolls, since it's not necessarily explained in the initial post.
I was drawn to the thread by the title, itself. As far as I know a lot of players have made a substantial amount of $ from playing in freerolls. I myself have made a buck or two. I've attached a fine example (I know it's old, but it proves my point).
I remember Annette Obrestad was one of the first players to get her start from freeroll winnings. I've been playing at ACR for over 5 yrs and have yet to make a deposit. I haven't become a wealthy man by any means, but it keeps my roll from going into the red.
Yes, there are some exceptions where you can get freerolls (I've gotten $1000 myself), but what comes easy, goes easy.But we have to adapt because if there are no more freerolls then there are other possibilities.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that you cannot get rich with freerolls but you can increase your bankroll and be able to compete at a high level with the best players of each level of the game. It is very important to know that as we climb levels the game becomes more complicated.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But not as long as $500 per month, if you learn to beat regular games and become some sort of grinder. The issue with freerolls is, that people often get stuck in them and never move on.

Not everyone can become a winning player. A few can strive towards that and succeed. But most players can happily play for free and without any risk (or effort even).

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Then everything is based on money, we want money and online poker bosses want money, but you, my friend, are unhappy and crying again!

I barely even played on Stars when they did have freerolls. And even now, I barely play any freerolls anymore. Don't worry about me, I am just pointing out that freerollers have a right to be upset when their freerolls get taken away from them.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I believe that you cannot get rich with freerolls but you can increase your bankroll and be able to compete at a high level with the best players of each level of the game. It is very important to know that as we climb levels the game becomes more complicated.
Poker is one big business, we all have our own future dreams

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is no money, then without money there is nothing to look for, for example there is a store and no one goes/ if you are not a thief/etc

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Stop crying about those freerolls for once,if you love poker so much, go and play for play money, it costs nothing!
For players like you, freerolls are worthless.
You're used to playing with junk, you're used to playing bingo instead of poker and that's why you just don't understand the value of freerolls. The fact is that a player who is not able to build a bankroll from scratch, playing in freerolls, will never be able to become a consistently profitable player because he will lack patience and discipline :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No, I think few people can boast that they got rich at free tournaments, where you can win tickets after which more tickets and then another ticket after losing and flying out, but if you also win the tournament, you're great and get rich, at least you can buy yourself something delicious:)

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For a large part of players, those who strive to achieve good results, that is, to become players who receive profit from the game, freerolls are an important part of their system, an excellent and reliable basis, a source for increasing the bankroll. Players for whom poker is a lottery, (and you are just such a player) freerolls are like flipping a coin and nothing more.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's impossible to get rich from freerolls. Of course you can start from freerolls and then play real money and get rich, but that's also very difficult. don't know any poker pro that had never invested some money to play.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, freerolls are actually income to my bankroll. Thanks to freerolls, I increase my bankroll and play in those tournaments where there is already a buy-in. Without freerolls, my results would definitely be worse. Freerolls do not matter to you because you are simply not interested in increasing your bankroll with their help. Of course, it's easier to deposit $10, lose it in one evening, and the next day deposit another $10, and so on day after day, but this approach is not for everyone, and certainly not for me.

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
But doing away with freerolls I think is a bad idea. A lot of people are interested in learning how to play and I think the freeroll is the best way for those who are just starting out, because they don't have to spend a penny at the same time they learn how to play, and of course, they have the possibility to create a bankroll.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, nothing surprising :)
For a player who clearly understands that freerolls are only a lottery for him, because he lacks skills, experience and patience, freerolls certainly have no value for him.

Freeroll Passwords