When would you fold AA preflop

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, just wondering when, or if, you would consider laying down AA preflop?

I think I would if there were 3 or 4 all ins ahead of me and I didn’t have a large stack nor was I short. After one or two opponents AA I feel isn’t super strong. Even if you were against 3 or 4 lower starting pairs, there’s a good chance one of them will hit (about 20% each).

I think I would rather have suited connectors if I’m in a multi all in pot.

Thoughts?

Only in one case this is considerely, when you are in the satelite game bubbleand have one or more players almost dead and one stack bigger than you shoves.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I have played AA every time.
Not going to fold even on the bubble.
Only the bet size could vary but never fold in any situation.
KK maybe I will fold.

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a pair of aces I play preflop Olin at 80%the Hand is covered very easily by the blockers on the ACE of the other players.The river should not be a huge overbet call or push river.With this hand lost more on the flop .Even if you don't have a set when you don't push the turn ,there may be a straight,a combination older than yours.

O

Ovinetrix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold AA pre flop!, THE MONSTER HAND!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have thrown an AA card in the event that I sat at the final responsible table with two or three players and these players figured out the relationship with the help of an all-in. In all other cases, I use the card.

M

Mongoloider

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA preflop

I think I would if there were 3 or 4 all ins ahead of me and I didn’t have a large stack nor was I short. After one or two opponents AA I feel isn’t super strong. Even if you were against 3 or 4 lower starting pairs, there’s a good chance one of them will hit (about 20% each).

Thoughts?

The right decision really should be just about the opponents and not the cards, trying to ignore the cards would be the best choice, but at the time of play, dropping AA, regardless of the situation is always difficult.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time folding is good would be the bubble.

AA is the strongest hand in poker and you will win 4 times out of five. If this is an all in preflopCall I would totally call everytime. The exception could be the bubble, but we are all trying to win not break even. So doubling up on the spot will put you I. Good position.

If you see the flip with AA you need to consider if it’s heads up or multiple people In The pot. The more people in The pot the more likely you don’t have the best hand anymore. Where as you are guaranteed the strongest pair you can still get beat by a two pair or higher.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know when you should fold aces preflop. I only know when I wish that I did.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just don't go in very exceptional cases. It has to be very exceptional indeed !!!

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thoughts?
I would rather get out of a tourney with my pride than ever fold AA before the flop. Its lots of luck on the flop to get beat like i said i would rather walk the walk with my head held high

danix

danix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might fold AA in the event that it is missing less than 10 players for ITM in a big tournament and a 3-4 player All-in happens, because in that situation AA loses some strength and thus increases the likelihood of being broken by two pairs or sequences. Falling into the bubble is sad ok.

H

Hunter Tahu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi;
Obviously, if you are safe to sit in a satellite you have nothing to gain (and everything to lose), so fold of course. The only other time I would find it acceptable would be on the bubble online, when the 'impossibly lucky psycho' shoves. You know, the player you have marked purple, who calls/shoves all-in with 2 6off and has an awesome winning %!

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
на данный момент - НИКОГДА !!! может когда я буду проффи ....

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, this would personally be NEVER. The closest I'd even consider is if we are in the bubble and someone's going all in but even I still weigh my odds if winning at about 80% so id still risk it damn well knowing it'll most likely pay off and get me into the money.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding

i would fold AA preflop if more than 3 players are all in and we are in the first 9 hands of a big tournament (no turbo, no rebuy).

depending on table i would consider to fold AA hands 10-18 if more than 3 players are all in.

freerolls i normally take my chance eventhough its not optimal play - just if you win you are in a strong position and can go dominate table and all those loose cannons participating :)
but ok big freerolls i would still fold

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Thrown off, if played in a satellite and its passage would be left 2-10 people. I would be with an average stack and there would be 3-5 raises ahead of me. what unnecessary risk, if the ticket is then almost in your pocket. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have folded them in a satellite but that was so I would qualify.:):):)

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I can fold preflop AA if 4 or more players go all in. 2 or heads up I can go all in

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will fold if there is a bubble, all short, I have the 2nd stack and the 1st stack goes to all-in.

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost with AA many times it is wise move if they are many all in and you don't want to lose your chips

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to remember, when I folded AA preflop... And can't remember. And in the future
I don't know in the what case I could fold AA preflop?..If only inside intuition in this moment
screams:"F-O-L-D!!!" May be...:fight:

Folding in Poker