What's your play here?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Helps to know that others would have called, too, as it adds confidence to my desicion making abilities. But as I stated, with adjustments in my game, it will be less likely to end up in a spot like this again. For example, playing for $25 right now and just folded Q3 on the button with no open in front of me, but there were 2 limpers, so not a great option IMO.

I typically fold crap like that too on the button or SB more often than not. I think a lot of people convince themselves to also limp in because of pot odds and position, but how often are you going to flop anything worthwhile? Easy to go broke here if you flop top pair but somebody else does also and has a better kicker, and if you're hoping to flop two pair or better I think you will lose more chips in the long run than you will win. On a flop like K93, now what? Go broke with bottom pair? I used to.

I haven't kept track, but I know for sure that the large majority of the time when I've limped from the button or small blind with face-rag I flopped nothing and wound up wasting those chips.

Last edited:
luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the easiest call in the world according to my calculations he has no pair of aces in hand and the only serious doubt that I had a A7 but do not believe it most likely is 7 and juice very weak form

nelo80

nelo80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the player's history and other factors, more on the basis of what I see was call without problems

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. Again, thanks for the validation in the call guys. By the way, click my link in my signature to stake me in some small stakes MTTs coming up. :)

You did see, though, where I confirmed that he had 79 for the full house and stacked me good?

S

Sobrosa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see reason to fold, IMO easy call, But what kind of player was the villain? Maybe he was too tight I think 2 times

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its an easy call for

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You can see some of my text in the SS where I'm telling him what I have before I call and got no reaction, as per usual. BEFORE that, I said "You know, I will rarely call with a flush draw on a paired board, especially the flop" and what I didn't have time to say is ESPECIALLY when an ace is involved."

Did you expect him to respond? You seem too concerned about what other people will think of you if you call. Just play your game and don't worry about what others think.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"You can see some of my text in the SS where I'm telling him what I have before I call and got no reaction, as per usual. BEFORE that, I said "You know, I will rarely call with a flush draw on a paired board, especially the flop" and what I didn't have time to say is ESPECIALLY when an ace is involved."

Did you expect him to respond? You seem too concerned about what other people will think of you if you call. Just play your game and don't worry about what others think.

I was schooled by those like Negreanu and Esfandiari. Even if it is unlikely you will get a reaction, table chatter needs to be part of your game when putting the pieces together. Back in the day, only the young guns refused to talk.