What's reason do you generally bust out of a tournament?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lose a flip with AK or 99+ Then either I'm out or crippled and have to get it in light in the next couple of orbits and get called by a better hand.

I am proud to say I pretty much never blind out anymore.

Last edited:
Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many variables to be eliminated from a tournament.
Losing flips, 60-40% of cases, pairs against larger pairs.
Post flop is more agonizing, even with the nuts on the flop, any good money in the pot and one opponent who does not believe in you, you can eliminate a tournament.

W

WShanor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhg that bully bigstack gets me all the time! What generally loses a tourny for me is when I get down to >10 bb and start going all in with decent hands that get called by people with better. Also I play slow when very near the money. Wait for my timer to sit me out since ACR doesn't have hand for hand, and till I build a bigger bankroll, I'll likely only take small wins if I continue to play like that. But a small win is a win when you're playing off of freerolls alone!

L

losties

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Atm I am getting impatience since at the start of each tourny I'm getting pushed around for no reason. I can usually play and rep my hand very well, before the flop my hand has massive value and I'm quite ahead but when the flop comes and I don't hit, it usually turns out that the other player has either hit a set or 2 pair and they raise enough so that i know what they have. I am indeed tilting when it comes to micro tourny or any tourny that requires a buy in of cash. When I'm playing in a freeroll and winning a ticket I do quite well and I am hitting a lot. I really don't understand my luck, it's pissing me off and makes me impatience overall. I also get destroyed by the blinds since I fold too much due to the lack of playable cards. It sucks

D

Dezastor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually it's going all in on 4:th street with the best hand only for the other guy to flop that miracle card. The last ones today were me with

AQ vs a guy with AK

flop is Q 2 7 I raise half the pot, he calls
turn is a 9 - Rainbow board, I have the top pair with ace kicker so I go all in, he calls river is a K.

last one Before that:
Me: 89
Him: JJ

flop comes out 567
I bet half the pot, he calls
turn is a 7
I go all in, he calls
river is a J

I would say that in 4 out of 5 tournaments, I have the better hand when I go all in and bust.

The hand that I have the most trouble with in those 1/5 cases are trips.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waiting for the right cards and next thing you know the blinds are already 200/100 on a 1500 starting stack. 😕

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker boredom is definitely the leading cause for me. I find playing a smaller amount of hands basically maintains a lot easier.

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reasons I bust out, in order of frequency
1. get blinded out before I get a playable hand
2. Go all in with a decent high pp against a bingo player
3. Go on tilt when I get all my chips in and then get rivered by my opponent who hits his 2% out.
4. Get to involved with a hand and then try a big bluff on river

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally all in play extremely rare .. (this is not counting the massive freerolls) so that opcion i not calculate for bust out.For mee all in is 90 procent lucky.
i bust out;
1.80% of the cases with better starting hands of opponents
2.80% of the cases with a stronger hand on the flop of opponents
My position is that the poker software (online poker) is not the only software that simply throws the random..cards, but it is much more sophisticated, and that somehow does not allow you to move up in the tournament.

Many times .for example.tournament has 500 player.i after a while I 1st place with 100 000 chips .and five times I have a chance to move that number of 100k chips,and i dont .then I know that I will finish the tournament and will not be able to make more than 100k chips.
ofcourse that is my personal attitude.

online poker vs live poker.......like..street basket VS basketball..it should be the same, but in fact is just like

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impatience in the first place. When I make a few bad evaluation and halved stack always think everything is already lost. I think that often make a mistake in the initial stage of the tournament when likewise go with all-in with a small pair or say A10.
90% of the river is one that we take half stack.

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because i push hands that i really must not push when im shortstack......really moronic of me...

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some retards keep busting me out with 1:2 or 1:3 odds at pokerstars. It happens everytime. Feeling frushtrated!

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket kings no doubt. this is the hand that i dislike most,

a lot of people say, kings are good and so on, but nobody is going to put all the stack with suited connectos or a low pair but when somebody shoves and you have pockets kings then always is something wrong,

i know that you should have like 70% preflop against any two but sometimes it looks like 5%, and postflop is another story when one or 2 players pay then and ace is almost 50% of the time in the flop (the remaining half they dont need an ace cause they are going to hit the set), so when an ace is in the flop you say, now what? fold, check, cbet?

i have lost like 7 or 8 tiems in a row holding pocket kings against one or 2 villains,

and when you lose holding pocket kings mostof the time you are busted, and this doesnt happen with pocket 77 or with JT,

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not paying attention and getting bored.

Like I would start watching youtube videos during the middle of a tournament. I have the perfect cards to shove with, but instead I run out of time when its my turn. This leads to having to fold my hand due to running out of time.

Also sometimes I become too nitty with my shoving hands. Then when I get less than 10 BB I'm usually dead.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes give up the game because I get a bad deal. Amazing-how sometimes can not even get a pair of 2. But there are other reasons: sleepy, sometimes became impatient, I can see that I will lose a lot of money, deconcentration ....

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My stupid got damn internet today. On Carbon poker it says "refreshing table". It did this TWICE during a tournament. This was during the critical late stage of the tournament and BOTH times I had winning hands. Of course the game automatically folds your hand due to time out. I was so mad. I had to reboot my computer the second time I disconnected because my internet wouldn't come back up.

God I hate Time Warner Cable. Now I'm on tilt during the middle of a tournament because of my crappy internet connection. You can't just sit out because it's not a cash game.

I just busted out of that tournament 99 > A10o Big blind woke up with pocket 9s and hit a full house on river. Good game thanks Time Warner.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before i was blinding away terribly, but now I get busted out because of "bad calls" or "bad shoves" perhaps, but i'd rather choose that than to blind out which is not very exciting.

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before i was blinding away terribly, but now I get busted out because of "bad calls" or "bad shoves" perhaps, but i'd rather choose that than to blind out which is not very exciting.

bad calls have been my downfall :listen:

rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually after a 4 or 5 bet with kk losing to an ace 3 lol

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strategy:

aggressive @ start then maintain?

maintain throughout?

N

Nicu00K

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
while blinds raise,often I get pushed to try a little bit mix in play to hold on otherwise might bust out waiting for strong hands.I must say, sometimes I overestimate my hands, therefore I might have a management issue. so, there goes my reason:))

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I over-value two pair or trips. Having said that, I tend to do very well out of people that over-value TPTK.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably lack of discipline. Usually happens when I play too much or I don't approach the game the right way rather just sign up for late registration when I see a game open. FYI note to self. =)

K

Krieseman

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
over value my hands is my biggest downfall