Whats a good strategy to play a deepstack tournament?

R

roberth225

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when playing deep stack tournys i normally play a little aggresive and see where it gets me and it also will help you read ur opponets a little better to see how they play as well some will only play great hands some will play anything so playing just a little aggresive will help you in a deep stack tourny in my opinion

Mymull

Mymull

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight play. Waiting your chance as a hunter waiting in ambush in early stage. Later when you know some info about your opponents you should try to use their weaknesses.

B

boomeranged

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight till you have figuered how people are playing. Keep the pot small until you are convinced you have the nuts. Try to win a lot of small pots rather than the big ones. Don't go for double ups without the goodies. Play looser when people have tightened up. Don't enter multiway pots with hands having high RE odds. Try to win the tournament on fold equity, not showdowns.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually early in the tournament you get a lot of donkeys. I would be looking to chip up early then really tighten up until the antes start. Once the antes start, I would loosen up.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of hands, much play postflop.

M

money maker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am afraid that deep stack doesn't mean much on those low buyins!! People shove there like it is normal tourney...it is only good iff you play realy tight, because you have more time to get a hand..

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
tight aggressive when you can and bolie loose play in deep stack

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to bea patiente play juste a fiew hands and is impotant to be always average stake.....

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait for good card, but if u hit some monster flop bet aggressivly to win more chips

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience if you play any tournament under $5 it doesn't matter if its deep stacks, regular, turbo, knockout or anything people are gonna jam a wide range of hands anyway. There is no set way to play any table either. it is all table dependant and if you want to win any tournament you need to be able to adapt to the situation your in. as soon as you play one style for too long a good player will pick up on it and crush you. you need to be able to play nit, lag, tag and a bit of maniac mixed in to keep everyone on their toes and giving you respect at the table. that's my opinion

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd love to play 2 deepstacks at the same time.
One play tight like a SNG, you'll fall behind the aggressive winners which could hurt towards the end, if you make it. Then win by skill, good luck. Because luck is all that will get you to the top.
The other is play aggressive from the start, bust or boom. I'd like to see which gets you to the final table.

S

soneca 006

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends

I'm planning on playing the $2.20 deepstack tomorrow. Any advice? Do I play a little looser? Little tighter? Same as usual?

Like everything revolves around the poker
DEPENDS, analyze the situation of each round and take your decisoes.Claro to play a few hands and aggressively and the source to use the Q if you value the most in poker ... patience !!

B

brrrddz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm planning on playing the $2.20 deepstack tomorrow. Any advice? Do I play a little looser? Little tighter? Same as usual?

play like the normal structure. just adjust your game in deeper situations. if u have experience from cash game , this could help u. the balances change with deeper stacks.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like deep stacks because I like to see alot of cards. I play the same as always, TAG, but may overraise 5x early instead of a normal 3x, just because I don't let the blinds dictate my play as much in Deep stack. I bet what I want to win.

B

boomeranged

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deep stack play is more like a standard cash game. You play tight and play for value. Every decision should have the opponents stack in consideration. Chase only when it is profitable and play less multiway pots.

Y

yurok42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The role of luck is low and the role of higher skill and patience

G

GummiStarZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pot control, keep them small and let the other people make mistakes. if they give you odds take them.

C

chng1t

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As tournament is deeper that usual you should play tighter firs few levels, as you will have 200+ big blinds, be patient and do not get involved in marginal spots as it will be - EV. There will be plenty of time so relax and play tighter first and than after level 3-4 it is good to start stealing from any position, especially when there will be antes. GL:)