What are your thoughts in this situation?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We're on the bubble, you only have 8BB in the big blind with AKo, fold action.

Smal Blind, a CS player, with 10BB up min-raise.

You go all in pre and he calls with QJo.

QJ2 rainbow flop.

What kind of thoughts go through your head?

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's even in a reasonable range to attack your blind, however if we focus on the fact that it's close to the bubble it no longer becomes so attractive a call even though it's probably an EV+ play

One point is: The most bizarre spots (mainly in CC frerolls) are in the SBxBB game.
Villain probably knows that in this spot he can push any two cards and we would get honest folds to many stronger hands.

We can also say that it wasn't because you lost that it was a bad call, but they are certainly moves that keep hammering our heads, because after all, the villain only wins 1/3 of the time in this confrontation spot.

M

mcbeaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Actually quite simple and understandable thoughts: Small Blind basically does everything wrong he can do wrong and smashes the flop. Big blind never goes all in with a weaker Jack or Queen here, which is why small blind gets a flip with his call at best. Against AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ he is dominated, not to mention AA, KK, QQ, JJ. With his 10 big blinds, the small blind is also at risk of going out before the bubble bursts. His minraise is a clear mistake, he has to push of course.

bredinha

bredinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Even dominated the opponent has a 30% chance, if he hit congratulations to him, in some situations AK folds to guarantee ITM.

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nothing new), similar bet bits I have for the day of the landing

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I hope to catch a miracle and starting shouting out two kings, a Ten and when nothing comes and i bust than i noticed that i should fold even such hands on the bubble to take the mincash as well ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said already, my main thought would be "please put out a T to give me a straight". On a more serious note with less than 10BB effective, SB is supposed to open jam any non-junk hand, and QJ is certainly not junk. AK then has to call, so even if SB made the "correct" play, this situation would still happen. And for the player with AK its more important to focus on, why he got so short, that he was at risk, when this situation happened. Maybe he just got unlucky, but its also possible, that he was playing to tight leading up to this hand and missing out on profitable spots, because he was overly focused on not busting. And then this is the problem rather than losing with AK to QJ in the final hand.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ups I made a mistake again …….. when player before me only had 2BB left :mad:

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

QJ2 rainbow flop.

My thoughts are what's going on on my other tables and then I will later see if I am still in the tournament! This helps avoid getting tilted by the runout

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

QJ2 rainbow flop.

Well naturally your thought is for the Ten, however if this is on pokerstars then fully expect that the worse starting hand always wins

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and again the dispersion staggers

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This happens a lot in freerolls and micro stakes. People call shoves with crazy hands all the time. But I wouldn't 3bet shove here in the bubble. I would prefer just call and wait the flop. Fish players tend to call in these spots. You will be ahead most of times, but odds are odds...

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

QJ2 rainbow flop.

It makes me feel desperate, because not hitting the flop indicates that the opponent's range is better.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
My first thought is "I'm in the ten business...". my second thought is what movie am I gonna go watch now😎

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Correct play. Unlucky board. Would be disappointed, but I always make that play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you’re at the stone bubble or 2 away I could see just flating here looking for an ace or king in the flop and playing fit and fold to make the money. If not at this point I would jam every time. The real money is at the top and I want to play for that. Getting into the money is good but having 5 bb at that point it not conducive to make a deeper run for a win.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The game continues his "treatment" to you and finally you are out! Never mind continue your course also!

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I have bad experiences with AKo if I have nothing on flop. I learn and I newer go all-in on bubble with AK.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
É mesmo ao alcance razoável atacar seus cegos, no entanto, se focarmos no fato de que está próximo do blob, ele não se torna mais um elo tão atraente, mesmo que seja provavelmente um pedaço de EV +

Um ponto é: os pontos mais bizarros (, especialmente nos frerolls do CC ), estão no jogo SBxBB.
O vilão provavelmente sabe que, neste lugar, ele pode empurrar duas cartas e teríamos dobras honestas para muitas mãos mais fortes.

Também podemos dizer que não foi porque você perdeu que foi uma decisão ruim, mas certamente são movimentos que continuam martelando nossas cabeças, porque afinal, o vilão recebe apenas 1/3 do tempo neste local de confronto.
How is it not attractive? If you have the FT then do you give up AA on an all in triple pre flop?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Actually quite simple and understandable thoughts: Small Blind basically does everything wrong he can do wrong and smashes the flop. Big blind never goes all in with a weaker Jack or Queen here, which is why small blind gets a flip with his call at best. Against AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ he is dominated, not to mention AA, KK, QQ, JJ. With his 10 big blinds, the small blind is also at risk of going out before the bubble bursts. His minraise is a clear mistake, he has to push of course.
SB is a CS player.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As others have said, my main thought would be “please make a T to give me a sequence”. On a more serious note, with less than 10BB in effect, the SB must open the jam from any hand that isn't electronic waste, and QJ certainly isn't garbage. AK then has to call, so even if SB did the “correct” part, that situation would still happen. And for the player with AK it's more important to focus, because he was so low that he was at risk when that situation happened. Maybe he was unlucky, but it's also possible that he was playing hard until that hand and losing winning points because he was overly focused on not blowing up. And so that's the problem, instead of losing with AK to QJ in the final hand.
Forget the previous situation. Maybe he had a bad beat of AA x A2, the important thing is the situation.

The SB is a CS player, so if he opens mine raise... regardless of any situation, he will call.