What are your thoughts in this situation?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My pensamentos são o que está acontecendo nas minhas outras mesas e depois verei se ainda estou no torneio! Isso helps to avoid being inclined leaking peel
It's a good strategy, but what happens when you go back and see a badbeat?

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
oops!
I accidentally posted twice!!!

Last edited:
kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How is it not attractive? If you have the FT then do you give up AA on an all in triple pre flop?
Attractive is making money! LOL

It's not because the move is EV+ that it's positive in terms of earnings.
You as a good poker player should know this.

Just like yesterday close to the final table in the Brazilian games...
Me with 14bb... the chipleader (Scoob) opens before me in 3.5bb... and I JAM with QQ+.
If I hold it, I get 2x the money ... that is, it was no use having an EV+ play ... of course, here we go into some ICM details ... but that was my point. Not every 'right' move will bring you a return.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you’re at the stone bubble or 2 away I could see just flating here looking for an ace or king in the flop and playing fit and fold to make the money. If not at this point I would jam every time. The real money is at the top and I want to play for that. Getting into the money is good but having 5 bb at that point it not conducive to make a deeper run for a win.
I would even agree with just the call if I didn't know the player's profile.

But with this information, the chance of reaching a better position in the tournament speaks louder.

M

mcbeaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
SB is a CS player.
So? That doesn't change my thoughts you asked about at all. We played right, he played wrong. That's all you can influence. Or do you want to wait for aces with 8BB? If you want to play your skill without getting kicked out by the community cards, then you need to play chess. Counter question, and this is actually part of the task: Are there other players on the bubble with significantly smaller stacks, perhaps under 1BB? How big is the field, how big is the price money? Then of course ICM plays a huge role.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
If the tournament is more important to you (the maximum of your loading), or if it is a satellite, then your hand can be discarded to go to the prizes or get a ticket.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would even agree with just the call if I didn't know the player's profile.

But with this information, the chance of reaching a better position in the tournament speaks louder.
That’s an important fact to the equation every time to be honest. How you play against one player could be the complete opposite of the next player you’re against.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's a good strategy, but what happens when you go back and see a badbeat?
I know it's easier said than done, but you just have to try to let it not bother you. If you get it in with 60% equity, yes you are the favourite but you will lose alot. Also it doesnt really matter if villain made their hand on the flop or river, you will lose 40% of the time.