What one thing will improve my game?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twice ITT I have read 2 different reasonably respected posters around here mention that S'n'G's are 'solved'.:eek:

Other than putting our nuts in a vice, and playing only super premium hands (which doesn't happen often) I know of no 'solution' to this brand of poker.:eek::eek:

Point me in that direction please, I am looking to augment my retirement.........:cool::)

Rock-paper-cisor is also "solved", in the sense that we know the perfect unexploitable strategy., play each at random 1/3 of the time. I does not mean that you can make money with that strategy. Actually, that strategy breaks even. It does not mean that you can't make money either if you realize that your opponent plays a strategy that differs from the unexploitable one, such as playing rock too often, which you can exploit by playing paper more often. It does mean that that game is a bit boring.

The end game of SNGs, when stacks become shallow, are more or less solved in the same way. For heads up play, you have the nash equilibriun push/fold and call/fold tables. I'm don't think it's been published, but i suppose the best SNG players have come up with something similar, either by doing the math or through experience, for short handed play.

And that's not how you make money. That's how you avoid losing money against the other regs. To make money you need to exploit the mistakes made by the fishes.

It's still a boring game.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tray to learn to use hud its god tool for sit n go..

Top 10 Games