what should i do with small bankroll

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey poker players!
What do you prefer with small bankroll(50-100)$ playing tournaments with many participants or play cash games???:joyman:

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer smaller field mtts, large fields= more variance. Cash games is where I lose my mtt winnings

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With that bankroll I think I would play micro mtts and freerolls until you are rolled enough to move up in limit. Most of the time the rake at micro cash is too high.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey poker players!
What do you prefer with small bankroll(50-100)$ playing tournaments with many participants or play cash games???:joyman:

In general, I prefer tournaments. I don't play cash games because they are unprofitable for me. But with a small bankroll, it is generally better to play in freerolls.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I prefer to play tournaments, you have more chances to win some and double or quadruple your money, if you play cash at low levels you will need many hours of play to be profitable also much study of the game.

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can lose that amount in a heartbeat. I don’t think a bankroll is a thing. It’s a silly myth as you don’t keep a bankroll. You will simply lose that amount.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer smaller field mtts, large fields= more variance. Cash games is where I lose my mtt winnings
I have the same situation but I lose my cash winnings in mTTs :D just buy in in 10-15 tourneys win nothing and think to myself "why do ai even try this? " :D

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey poker players!
Try zooming in. You can use a deposit, the size of which is not limited. With a massive bankroll and limited poker skills, you'll be the most sought after at any table. :fisheye:

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first question are you willing to redeposit if you bust your roll. You are willing to go broke then play some $5 or less MTT and add a couple of high value $15 to $25 BI MTTs.

However, if you do not bust roll, then recommend playing micro STT and micro small player MTTs. Good Luck

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it will always depend on what modality you like to play, and in which modadlidad you do better, in my case the tournaments and cash are the ones I like, and I'm always playing, but you should always be aware that you must play at your level and not for wanting to grow fast jump levels, you will lose everything if you are not prepared, good luck to everyone in your game.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi, just play what is more comfortable and / or profitable :) I prefer slow mtts.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can lose that amount in a heartbeat. I don’t think a bankroll is a thing. It’s a silly myth as you don’t keep a bankroll. You will simply lose that amount.

And I naively thought that bankroll management helps to choose tournaments with a buy-in corresponding to the amount on your account. If you are a beginner, then you can quickly lose any amount of money. But if you follow the recommendations, the process will be slow and you can always improve your business. In the case of skill growth, there is no point in sitting on low buy-ins and wasting time in vain. :deal:

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get a job and save. And use savings to play poker. Otherwise. Chances are you will lose that small bankroll.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing micro buy-in tournaments or freerolls.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i prefer to play tournaments, i can play micro tournaments, and build a good bankroll in a given time.

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more freerolls and microlemite games
and cash go tournament it's up to you where you feel more comfortable

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a small bankroll, I prefer to play tournaments with a limited number of players from 6-9 people up to 45 people to increase the chances of winning, boost the bankroll and climb the limits.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey poker players!

It depends on which format you prefer playing. It is easier to study/learn in the format you personally prefer. I played tournaments for many years... never cared for cash games much at all. But as of today I've played over 5 million hands of online cash games (I eventually liked them, lol).

I started out with my focus on tournaments. You'll find a lot more rookies & bad players in them, making it an easier go... especially if you haven't been playing long yourself.

D

donaldb2010

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same situation but I lose my cash winnings in mTTs :D just buy in in 10-15 tourneys win nothing and think to myself "why do ai even try this? " :D
It’s fun. Not betting to much. Grind it out. One lucky day pays you back. Spot that lucky day and play play play

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s fun. Not betting to much. Grind it out. One lucky day pays you back. Spot that lucky day and play play play
Yeah I guess it works that way. Usually I play something with 500-1000 players participating. Really gotta get to top 5 at least to make it count, anything less is just couple of buyins really :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the level of your game !!! There are a lot of weak players at the micro limits and if you play well then 100$ should be enough but in any case be very careful with the limits and join freerolls if possible !!!

shnaidier

shnaidier

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take a chance and double the amount in the cache):D

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey poker players!

Hello
I was playing for a living 10 years ago
and 2 month ago I started to play again with a $100 bankroll

I will tell you what I did and what I suggest.
First, if you are not yet a winning player you don't have a bankroll, you have a budget.

What I suggest :
Step 0 : Find a right rakeback site to register the room. I don't know what I can link or not on the forum, if you need a suggestion send me a private message. Must of the time you will get extra rakeback. An exemple I have 10% more on Party. On IPoker I am boosted to max VIP level,they run private freeroll and have nice rake race with addup.
First Step
First room to deposit : GGPoker with the $100 in rewards in ticket option
You probably won't unlock them all but you can unlock a lot without any effort
Don't forget to take your Daily Freebie. Its $0.25 (sometime $1) in ticket everyday.
If you are a tournament player, T$ Builder tournament take 0 fee
And you have a "free" hud

Open an account on 888poker (WITH https://www.holdemmanager.com/hm3/free.php affiliate) (don't deposit yet) and abuse the freerolls
Same with IPoker. I prefer betsafe because the support is A1
Same with Americas Cardroom

Once you are done with GGPoker
Download HM3, you have a 15 days trial

Deposit on 888 and if you register with HM3 affiliate link, you will "unlock" de free HM3 in no time

After that chase the bonus on the room you like, once you unlock them, switch to another room.

The most important thing is to have the right affiliate for everyroom you play on. An extra 10% may seem small but on the long term its going to be a lot of money.
When I was playing for a living I was raking $5000 per month, had a 27% rakeback ($1.350) + 10% ($500).

Hope its help

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Thats easy
Start with freerolls in any site
And as you build your bankroll then go to small buy-ins
Then you can go to bigger ones
And only then go to Intenational Tournaments

Rgds

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find what platform you have the best results. Then stick to that until you have a big fat BR. Set short term goals and long term goals and revisit your goals when they are reached.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management