what should i do with small bankroll

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically what everyone says here is right. Have you tried to play sit and go's? These usually have a small playing field and a short late reg. I try to play those when my bankroll is short and some smaller MTT's with a guaranteed price pool.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always have 50-100x your buy-in so lets say you have 110$ play 1.10$ games if you make 220$ play 2.20 games etc etc, and if you go down you lower the stakes just stay between the 50-100x the buy-in amount and you will be good, same goes for sit&go's

i think cash games you can have 40x the buy-in someone correct me if i'm wrong but that's what ive read/learned

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jus keep doin your thing really..lol.. its working. I play both tournaments and sng and they both are good. Tournys for bigger payouts and sngs to pass the time and there quicker. Good luck and keep crushing em :D

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Increase by playing freerolls. I enlarged mine. I came to one poker room with zero, and started playing freerolls, at first I did not win anything, then I got used to it and now I increased it by about $5. The most important thing is not to give up and everything will work out.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will play tournaments. We can play more hands in tournaments and get more experience. Besides the rake of low stake cash games is often very high.

T

Timmwinslow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a tight game in O8 limit cash - even in a bad session you can about break even and scoop cash on rakeback

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Basically what everyone says here is right. Have you tried to play sit and go's? These usually have a small playing field and a short late reg. I try to play those when my bankroll is short and some smaller MTT's with a guaranteed price pool.

The best thing to do with a small bankroll is turn it into a large one, though generally it's easier to do it the other way around.

D

donaldb2010

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Grind

Play low stakes bigger pools. Grind. Top ten hands to insure making the money.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest you should play sit and go and cash maybe tournaments is not a great idea

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Play $1 or $1.5 S&GO :D until you increase your bankroll

S

Stevoodoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Small bankroll

Try playing the 1c connectors and freebies or 10c connectors depending on your balance.
Some blast or sit n go's are worth trying too.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The limit and stack size should be chosen in such a way that it allows you to survive as much downstroke as possible. Therefore, having a small bankroll, you should choose the minimum limit to play, and also consider the option of playing with a shortened stack. Having a small bankroll, you should definitely exclude playing tournaments or jackpot cis. The variance in these poker disciplines will reduce even a huge advantage in skill, and the lack of the possibility of selecting tables will finally finish off your bankroll growth chances.
It is worth playing them only if you have come just to enjoy the game and occupy your evening, and in general you prefer to rely on fate or luck.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although playing with a small bankroll is not a good start, nevertheless, in some cases it is quite possible and you will be quite capable of spinning up to a full-fledged bankroll, which will become the foundation for you in your game and growth in limits. To do this, you just need to take seriously the issues of choosing a poker room, table selection and try to reduce the variance at the table by choosing a tight play style and avoiding variance play with regular opponents.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do a bit of mix and matching, go for cash games to start

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with a small bankroll, you need to somehow unwind and not participate in expensive tournaments.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls until your bankroll supports moving up in limits.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls and satellites micro. This is among MTTs.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play freerolls and micro tournaments or same buy-in stgos, or the spin 'n go type.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be patient, and thats it. Dont try to rush it because it will not turn out for the better.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think small bankrolls are almost doomed to lose everything, unless you play very small stake and be very patient.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's not the size of the bankroll so much as the motion of the ocean, which in this case means game selection and bankroll management ;)

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play 1,10$ MTT:s with that bankroll. I would like to have 200 buy-ins atleast in my bankroll though

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if it is small, then you need to increase it.)personally, I would divide it into three equal parts and try to increase it on the cache tables.of course, if it's not so small that you can't even enter the table.in general, to make deposits and win, without winnings, he himself will not increase.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey poker players!
What do you prefer with small bankroll(50-100)$ playing tournaments with many participants or play cash games???:joyman:

I would say, it depends a lot on the room you're playing in, and the game formats it offers, as well as your qualities and skills as a player.
First , you should play what gives you the most pleasure. I would say that a bankroll of $50-100 would be best if you played the PS sit gos of $0.25-$0.50 while the bankroll was oscillating between these two values, and when it was $100+ could merge with $1 sit gos and some $1.10 mtts. Although I'm not the best adviser in this regard. In cash games, I can't give you such reliable advice due to not being too involved in the matter, although I'm guessing between $50-$100 bankroll would be with starting NL2 with $0.01/$0.02 and when you're at $100+ play NL5 and NL10 with blinds of $0.02/$0.05 and $0.05/$0.10.
but keep in mind that in all cases it won't be a guarantee that you won't break, this will only bring you more security to play your A-Game without the pressure of a possible near and imminent bankruptcy. A hug thanks for the question!:)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management