redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker fans,

I am trying to improve my betting at the table and wish to get a better feel for calculating my odds.

You are invited to join the discussion, post hands with incredible odds, share resources so people like me will get better and ask questions.

Enjoy this informative video: Pot odds explained

Another great video: Odds and Outs explained

Here is a nice tool if you do not want to strain your brain: Pot odds and percentage calculator

A resource I came across - The Ultimate Poker Guide

CardsChat Odds Calculator

Here is a hand that I played:

1677345431603 1677345927814

Total pot was $1299 and I got a feeling with my open-ended and flush draw:)

I had 15 outs with a 54% chance on the turn and a 33% chance on the river!

Using the 4-2 rule I have 60% on the turn and 30% on the river.

Would you call?

Well, I shoved and let out a sigh of relief. As it turned out, I had two discounted outs and was totally dominated!

See the full hand here

Come share your experiences and ask your questions.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker fans,

This is a hand I shoved with in one of the freerolls. The villain just had to sit back and call since I was the aggressor.

There are 3 kings, 3 tens and 8 spades (one discounted out :( ) for a total of 14 outs. I thought my chances were great even if my opponent had a straight!

Now that I look at the percentages, my loss does not hurt as much. Villain was definitely the favourite. :(

It is always tricky when the card that improves your hand gives the villain a made hand. These in my opinion are the most bitter pills to swallow.

This happened to me in a home game, a card gave me a full house and the villain got quads. Luckilly it was just a game for one dollar worth of chips! But the shock is the same - A jaw dropping OMG!!!

See you at the tables.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator