What do you do when waiting for a tournament to start?

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normaly, i play golf in my garden.. but last week i found on playstore a golfgame for tablets... i love this game, its slow game with lot of logic. I like to play it in the same time i play poker with some music cause this game give me lot of patience.. i can take my times..

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure I went to the toilet and I have a drink and snack nearby.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recall my old mistakes made in past games. Analyzes. I’m making a game plan.

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prepare a fresh cup of coffee a green apple candy and concentration.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do a countdown second by second

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The tournament is waiting for me:call2::date:

Wright

Wright

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is different, but I usually listen to music or control and develop my online business.

J

jele19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prepare some snacks and something to drink and then I listen to some music. Thats it

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My tournaments start in the evening, in the afternoon I don't mind taking a walk to the sea, there is food in the store, a couple of hours later a cup of tea or coffee and the warm-up is waiting for the start!

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting for a tournament to start ???

ONE... go pee !

TWO ....... take the dog out to pee !!!

Regie19

Regie19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to tune in with good music..I have my list and watch poker on net

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smoke a cigarette,try to focus

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the tournament starts, I usually turn on an interesting program on TV, have dinner and sit comfortably on the couch.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch movie and eating some snacks

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a low-stakes SNG (Sit and Go) for a warm-up, even make some stupid bluffs just to "get it out of my system", meditate, prepare snacks and water, relax... it's like a similar thing you do before the sport even, and an interview - mentally preparedness is as important as any other preparedness, especially in poker. I even write few strategies tips for early, mid, and late tournaments stages (some reminders I post - its a marathon, not a sprint, check your stats every hour on the hour (during breaks), takes notes on players , don't overbluff, pick your "hits and run" etc...

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing I do is go to the restroom then I put my phone near me. Then I make sure my dog has eaten, then take him outside for a few minutes. If I don't he will come to my room and won't stop barking at me soon as I when I sit down at the computer.
Of course I come here to check out and read new post while waiting for the game.. :love:

M

majestic_ruler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play some cash games. They are very chill and I like to relax before the tourney. I also listen to some music to keep my mind sharp and focused.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a cash game and also I usually listen to some good music.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm always taking a good look at the playlist of players and I always try to analyze them so that when I find at the table I already have a good profile of that player.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think in poker the mental aspect is very important to achieve the best possible score. Logically you must catch sometimes the 20% outer, but that is not in your influence. So you can do things you can influence. The top spots in a tourney a more important than, 10 minimum cashes. So you must fight abut the last 3% to getting the best possible score. What brings you in a good mood. At first i did not play before an important so im hungry to the game, not bored and not getting tilt because i loose another tournament or in cash games some money. Then i check my personal deserve. Must i go to the toilet, do i need some food or drink. For a long session i prepare some snacks and drinks, like water or juice(no alcohol for sure). Is something important to do? Must i do something for the family etc. or can i focus only on the tournament. Sometimes i walk a little bit to hit some fresh air. Few minutes before the tournaments starts. I starting the client and think about my goals an my dos and donts, so is start in a good mood.

Jay_Romey

Jay_Romey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exercise, and stay hydrated. The most important thing is study and get better.