What is the best playing tactic at the beginning of tournament?

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends upon the tourney type.. If it is a hyper turbo type then play LAG. You need to focus on gathering chips in these tourneys.. If it is a normal deep type tourney then play Tight in initial hour and use positions well. Once you r in middle phase of the game play a bit aggressive to gather chips and in late phase skills matter most.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on your personal comfort zone. Standard strategy says tight at first. But you need to also look at your table and how they are playing. There may be a lot of chips waiting for someone to take them.

So my answer is..... "It depends"

(PO would say the same...lol)

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am wondering how you guys play early phase of tournaments? What is the key of success for long term?

The best strategy may depend on how your opponents play at your table, but the strategy that you hear the most from professionals is to play tight aggressive at the early phase, you will be way ahead of your opponents since they play with a bigger range and worse hands than yours

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best tactics and be Tight Agressive because always in the beginning of tournaments have those who are loose aggressive and the best way to avoid a bad and be Tight

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's tight aggressive , like most agree imo , wait for the chances ant the spots to take advantage of your good cards and the position towards aggressiveness of loose players early . Later we can loosen the game and play more hands and the players , their weaknesses . But if it's a teble full of lags (rare or impossible) I can play more loose .

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play tight approximately every 10 hand is when the blinds increase closer to the final table starting to play more often but I think it all depends on the table that you play if the opponents are weak. It is possible to play more often and bluff to build bankroll

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To start a tournament play tight while the blinds are small. When the blinds and antes increase one should loosen up your starting hand requirements. If you don't you might get blinded out of the tournament.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the beginning, the value of pot, bets and the value of your chips is very small, so it is not worth risking all your chips. So my advice is to play the beginning only with very strong hands or see the flop with low values.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the format really. In fast paced tournaments, you can't sit around waiting for premium hand or the blinds will eat you up. For slower paced structures, its best to play tight for at least the first few levels. Deeper stacked tournaments require you to protect your stack, look to play pot control and win lots of small pots.

Rounder_740

Rounder_740

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either play really aggressive or really tight and set the tone for yourself. Make sure the table knows which one you are. Then slowly shift positions and reap the benefits

Nikolay Goncharov

Nikolay Goncharov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight aggressive and look for opponents, and then adjust to the style of the game opponents, restricting or expanding the range of hands that, depending on the image of the players at the table.

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the begiming play very tight. Only play if odds are good or with the premium
Hands

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pick your spots carefully, no need to try stealing blinds as they will be very low. Be tight and aggressive.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people say play tight seeing only 8-12% of hands but I think it all depends on the table. If the table seems weak I bully. If the table seems solid I usually play tight early on. I'm a solid player and have always turned a profit each and every year. Average profit 16k+ as a semi-pro and hopefully soon go full-time. Best of luck in your journey.

You are making 16k+ a year from poker, yet since you post here I assume you are playing the cardschat free rolls. That does not make much sense. Why would you be wasting valuable time playing free rolls when you have such a good win rate at real money tables and tournaments?

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on over to GlobalPoker.com and we will see who's full of shit. I play in support of Cards Chat not to mention you never stop learning regardless of how long you have played. My screen name is Cabby1979 and I play 20+2 SNG all day because that's the highest offered. Bring your roll and a tissue. Trolls like you should not be allowed in such a nice community.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on over to GlobalPoker.com and we will see who's full of shit. I play in support of Cards Chat not to mention you never stop learning regardless of how long you have played. My screen name is Cabby1979 and I play 20+2 SNG all day because that's the highest offered. Bring your roll and a tissue. Trolls like you should not be allowed in such a nice community.
Here's why I like freerolls as follows..Still think it's a waste of time?

ccfa8a40d68c9ecefbc7f834e7f4884a.jpg

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to start a tournament is not to keep an all in much less if your position is bad or against several opponents, to be patient

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to start a tournament is not to keep an all in much less if your position is bad or against several opponents, to be patient
Patience is everything...Right on Masi2197

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early phase is quite easy. Fold more and call less. At the beginning people are more loose with their chips. I fold my cards the first 5-10 hands no matter what i have. When everyone stops going all in and raising, I start playing. I've succeeded many times this way.

Bagmet

Bagmet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls definitely aggressive ,in view of the huge number of players out there tight style will eat your bankroll. But at the stage when there is less than 10% of players, you can switch to tight aggressive with a bluff . The cache tables are tight , and the accumulated image to bluff but with good cards . In tournaments the usual wait for the card, and with knockout to wager contribution .

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am wondering how you guys play early phase of tournaments? What is the key of success for long term?

In the early stages of a tournament I try to play carefully, play only strong hands

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament I am fairly tight, you must have skill and patience, ability to read to other players and patience for the moment and the appropriate cards.
Play strong cards strong, throw trash cards and play cheap draws.;)

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At an early stage, it is worth it to show patience and play only strong hands, to bluff is only if you have enough outs.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 2 sides of this coin. I mix in my freerolls as I grind 10+1 & 20+2 sit n go's. Since they are free you can play it either boom or bust early and mix it up with marginal AX hands early hoping to quadruple up or more in the first hour or keep your game solid to avoid tilting on other games running and play the rock sniping out the all in bingo players. If you are concentrating on the freeroll stay tight aggressive. I usually always push all in with made nut hands post flop especially with flush draws showing. Reason being the fools will call any raise so might as well swing for the fences. You guys ever play on globalpoker.com look me up...

Regards,

Cabby1979/Allmine79