Unethical or good strategy?

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I merely reasoned that it would be a better situation for me to keep the short stack alive.

Hopefully you didn't disclose that in the chat, unless you wanted to tilt them further. :)

I think what you did is an extension of "abusing the bubble". I've gotten :argh: -out for a similar play, but I folded for level 0 reasons (crappy hand) instead of thinking creatively.

Well played, sir. I abuse the bubble as often as possible in a league I'm in. It's usually profitable from a fold equity standpoint, but doesn't win friends. :icon_blac

a true nit

a true nit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tomato ..tomatoe ...there is a difference between being a nit and colluding..what u did was the former..nothing against that

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
tomato ..tomatoe ...there is a difference between being a nit and colluding..what u did was the former..nothing against that
pretty sure that's not why they folded... sigh

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Congrats on you re win

Very wise strategey, i never taught of doing this myself, but if occasion presents itself in future, i will try it.

G

Ghostdini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Collusion involves secret cooperation with another player, which you did not do. In poker you are allowed to fold to any bet if you want to, period. As long as you don't have some agreement with the other player about how the two of you will play, you can fold to his bet for whatever reason you want in my opinion. there isn't some rule that says you can't fold when getting great odds because you think table dynamics would be advantageous to you if that player weren't knocked out yet. So good for you for not folding.

U

United

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't unethical. You were playing based on what you were seeing in your opponents.

If anything, this is smart, especially for tournament play.

G

Ghostdini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry, just saw that you weren't asking if it was colluding but if it was unethical or good strategy. i don't think it is unethical to make your decisions within the rules based on what you think to be most advantageous for yourself, so it certainly doesn't seem unethical to me.

Vhyre

Vhyre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sense in feeding an opponent chips. It's completely up to you to lay down a hand. Screw the haters.

H

hesays

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the move. It allowed you to keep stealing blinds which the big stack is supposed to do. It's not your job to put all the players on the rail just the last one.

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is interesting. It is obvious why the other players are upset, but at the same time, it is not your role to be knocking people out, even if you are getting ridiculous pot odds to call.

But I would suggest not talking in the chat box, especially when stuff like that happens. If people are mad at you, you probably aren't gonna change their mind, so you might as well not even bother.