Turbo or not?

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow, because I like to think and bluff. Luck decides a lot on the fast ones. The impact of luck is much greater. Less long pranks and more ollin. But the advantage is that the tournament does not take much time. Winning prizes is much faster, which saves energy.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the amount of time I have to play. I prefer to play in general tournaments, not turbo tournaments.

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo or not?

NOT!!! I hate turbos with a passion. I need to be able to slow the game down and really think through a hand especially against players that I have not observed very much. I try to avoid turbos at all cost but periodically I am forced to play them. The luck factor is certainly magnified in turbo tournaments and since I am not very lucky on the poker felt, it's just not in my best interest to invest time playing them.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes why not. It is convenient in time.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you know pushfold well, then hyper turbo can be added to the session) well, everything is individual of course

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

Slow, because I like to think and bluff. Luck decides a lot on the fast ones. The impact of luck is much greater. Less long pranks and more ollin. But the advantage is that the tournament does not take much time. Winning prizes is much faster, which saves energy.

It all depends on the amount of time I have to play. I prefer to play in general tournaments, not turbo tournaments.

Turbo or not?

NOT!!! I hate turbos with a passion. I need to be able to slow the game down and really think through a hand especially against players that I have not observed very much. I try to avoid turbos at all cost but periodically I am forced to play them. The luck factor is certainly magnified in turbo tournaments and since I am not very lucky on the poker felt, it's just not in my best interest to invest time playing them.

if you know pushfold well, then hyper turbo can be added to the session) well, everything is individual of course
I've always played the turbo tournament and it was just as good and interesting, especially if "you are lucky", but in general slow tournaments are luckier and more realistic than turbo, because you can't play and count. only on strong hands, and also take advantage of the slow period of increasing blinds and read opponents at the table

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer turbo for low buy ins and slow ones for expensive tourneys.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people play anything but turbo, recently I got to final table and whole tournament took 4 hours...

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
At which speed level do you get better tournament results, turbo or slow?
The bankroll in turbo tournaments must be at least 150 buy-ins per limit; If you play turbo tournaments, then you need to fill even more distance than in regular MTTs. The variance is higher, which means that it is impractical to play less than 4 tables at the same time; Be prepared for downstreams, they are regular in turbo tournaments (that's why you need a bankroll of at least 150 buy-ins); Choose from turbo tournaments, regular download, up to 1000 participants

B

bonanza337

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like turbo i prefer normal games

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose turbo tournaments. In turbo tournaments, the cost of mistakes is very high, sometimes you simply do not have the opportunity to return to the tournament after them, so it is very important to make the right key decisions during the game. We said above that high speed and a faster transition to the push-fold stage neutralize the difference in the level of the game, but I would like to draw your attention to the fact that minor mistakes over a long distance, which, playing turbocharged tournaments, is easier to win back, add up to colossal amounts of losses.

This all leads us to the fact that turbo tournaments are suitable for more experienced and sophisticated players who are able to control their emotions at any given time, make the right decisions quickly, and to play such tournaments you need to have a deeper bankroll than usual. Therefore, in order to successfully play turbo tournaments, you need to more diligently conduct the process of learning and error analysis.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer both types of tournaments.
The turbo tournament lasts about 5 hours, this is its main advantage.
Slow lasts about 10 hours - this is its main drawback. There is not always enough time to play the final table

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on how much time I have to play, when I have less time the best thing to do is play turbo tournaments.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

I choose turbo tournaments. In turbo tournaments, the cost of mistakes is very high, sometimes you simply do not have the opportunity to return to the tournament after them, so it is very important to make the right key decisions during the game. We said above that high speed and a faster transition to the push-fold stage neutralize the difference in the level of the game, but I would like to draw your attention to the fact that minor mistakes over a long distance, which, playing turbocharged tournaments, is easier to win back, add up to colossal amounts of losses. This all leads us to the fact that turbo tournaments are suitable for more experienced and sophisticated players who are able to control their emotions at any given time, make the right decisions quickly, and to play such tournaments you need to have a deeper bankroll than usual. Therefore, in order to successfully play turbo tournaments, you need to more diligently conduct the process of learning and error analysis.
I totally agree with you, yes the turbo tournaments are more difficult in terms of their speed and also in terms of decision making, but it would be good for professional players more because they take advantage of the mistakes of regular players. So it's good for me not to participate in these tournaments with a large sum of more than 11 dollars, And it would be even better if I could qualify for it via satellite. lol
...but if it's a freeroll, anything goes.
Yes that's right ;)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! :) I'm try to be an universal player: I play the different types of Poker :deal:
with the various change of blinds by time...:rolleyes: But more prefer the turbo tournaments. :cool:
I think, and the best results I have in these kinds of tournaments exactly...:icon_sant

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really do not see a big difference, but I do prefer Turbo. I think the Antes go up faster.

albinas

albinas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like playing slow poker, because when you play turbo poker on the internet you can fast end the tournament. I like playing better hands.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to play normal blinds more ... then you have more time to make your decisions

Asabist007

Asabist007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like slow play turbo it s hard for me :joyman:

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For competent players the ROI in non-turbos is higher i think
But as a good player you should be able also to be profitable in turbos.
I play both, but i dont like the hypers...

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that the turbos are better, because their duration is more realistic, and you can take advantage your good plays. In the slow tournaments you can play with more time, but your good play is lost in the long duration of the game and you need to renovate it again and again.

M

Mhupp1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to avoid Turbo but the more I play them they're growing on me. I still avoid Hyper Turbo though. For sake of context I play STT/SNG I rarely play MTTs

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

I always try to play slow tournaments. I believe that turbo and hyper are no longer poker, but roulette.