Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello
At which speed level do you get better tournament results, turbo or slow?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Definitely turbo cause that way they dont last forever

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play turbo ... if I don't have time ... or I'm in a bad mood. There is a reason to merge aggression)))))
Well, if for money with a small bankroll, slow ones are better.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

I like the turbo on some days, especially when I don't have much time in the day, but in general I prefer slow tournaments, because often if I focus well I qualify for the winning seats

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I prefer slow tournaments, but my best results in poker are in turbo tournaments :)

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I also like to play slow tournaments.Turbo games need fast decisions and the resut often is strategic mistakes.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do better in slower structures to be honest. While I dont mind turbos and play them I just feel i am better off playing the slower ones when possible

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play both types, but in the long run, slow tournaments are probably more profitable for me. I think this is due to the fact that with experience I have learned to be patient. :)

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular structure is always going to be better (why I prefer them to answer OP actual question) in the long run. Fast structure like turbos encourage a much wider opening range on those initiating aggression. However, we can't forget that it also forces opening up among those responding to those raises. So more of the 6,7's - J,10's etc. sucking out against A's, K's etc, so even if you're catching cards in a turbo, you're more vulnerable. If you're not catching cards, you're still forced to play at some point.

So regular is my choice of the day.

Last edited:
T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I prefer slow tournaments because I do not like quick structures. I want to have more time to play without being pressured by the blinds. This suits my style more.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like turbo tournaments more, usually I play them when trying to play slow tournaments I don't have enough time.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like them both. I prefer slow but adjust easily to turbo. Biggest problem though is when playing 3-4 tourneys at a time and keeping the turbos straight from the slow ones

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer slow tournaments, such as our freerolls. I don't like turbo or hyper tournaments. I'm used to relying on my own skills and I don't like to rely on luck.

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well….good question…. had some good results on non-turbo tourneys…..but I prefer turbo tourneys….;)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I also like to play slow tournaments.Turbo games need fast decisions and the resut often is strategic mistakes.

There's nothing better than being capable of making decisions really fast like in 2 seconds or less though ...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like tournaments with a growth interval of 10-12 minutes more !!!

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play one table the most, possibly two and then turbo is the best for me. I don't like too slow tournaments, they put me to sleep, I lose focus.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players hate slow play, so I play the slowest I can. Really aggravates players, and many will make mistakes of impatience.

I don't play many turbo tournaments. Doesn't fit the psyche.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I play I prefer to play slow tournaments. Like to feel I can fold some hands.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have better results with slow structure MTTs since I play a tighter strategy than most players. However, I play more turbo\ faster blind structure to amount of time that I dedicate to a session.

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
Simply slow is like when you like to spend some time to have good hands but might be a higher chance to build stacks also higher chances to win the tournament if you play it carefully, while turbo for people who like to finish it as fast as they can but its higher risk tournaments.

Either both have their pros and cons.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi all

I do better in slower structures to be honest. While I dont mind turbos and play them I just feel i am better off playing the slower ones when possible

I like both, but I prefer slow.

I like turbo tournaments more, usually I play them when trying to play slow tournaments I don't have enough time.

I prefer slow tournaments, such as our freerolls. I don't like turbo or hyper tournaments. I'm used to relying on my own skills and I don't like to rely on luck.

I like tournaments with a growth interval of 10-12 minutes more !!!

Most players hate slow play, so I play the slowest I can. Really aggravates players, and many will make mistakes of impatience.

I don't play many turbo tournaments. Doesn't fit the psyche.

When I play I prefer to play slow tournaments. Like to feel I can fold some hands.

I like the slower tournaments.
Slow tournaments in terms of the level of good players are very similar to Omaha, as good or professional players do not take risks for a pair or double pair, especially if the tournament is Freeze-Out, or even if pair ace is served to them they do not care about it, but rely on Always on the turn and the river, and also rely on the skill of reading the opponent and the submarine, and here the weak fish fall into their nets easily

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man... I definitely prefer blinds of 10 minutes or more.

The rush of time eating your BB is not one of my favorite things.

A turbo tournament is good for small fields like 200 to 400 entries. Even so, I still prefer it to be a deepstack turbo.