Turbo - freerolls

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight is right early but turbos usually become a shove or fold fest near the end.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With these turbo freerolls, it more luck than strategy. With that said all you can do is get your chips in with at minimum a premium starting hand so at least you have a fighting chance to win.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Turbo normal buyin games I don't play , only satellites , something like splash kind maybe . Push fold good strategy is really needed . I might experience some difficulties , but I like that these games end faster, and thisturbo format would be optimal for freerolls , CardsChat's or others . If the freerolls end faster is better , also that way , with the turbos , some players ,who are not so good , will be luckier with some shoves or calls , and get paid more times , rathen than playing 10 min blinds , also shoving some hands that he wouldn't do normally , cause it's a freeroll , and a turbo indeed .

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beginners should not play turbo tournaments at all because it is likely to quickly fill a large stack and also quickly merge it.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think turbo freerolls would be a great place to experiment a bit and test out strategies, styles, etc. The hypers are where the pressure is just silly but some folks act like turbos are just as bad...they aren't. With 5 min blinds you still have time to go slow of you wish at the beginning. So when you see others shoving early don't get trapped into thinking you have to jump in the pool with them. I would play these mtts by sticking to a normal tight range in early position but a wider range in middle and late positions. In other words play attention to position and loosen up a little. If a premium hand comes along play as a aggressively as you can.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play as if your train leaves in a minute and you don't have time to show tickets to the conductor.

C

chevanater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think turbo freerolls would be a great place to experiment a bit and test out strategies, styles, etc. The hypers are where the pressure is just silly but some folks act like turbos are just as bad...they aren't. With 5 min blinds you still have time to go slow of you wish at the beginning. So when you see others shoving early don't get trapped into thinking you have to jump in the pool with them. I would play these mtts by sticking to a normal tight range in early position but a wider range in middle and late positions. In other words play attention to position and loosen up a little. If a premium hand comes along play as a aggressively as you can.
Well said!

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You right "barbados".....your example is a good one........respect:Play as if your train leaves in a minute and you don't have time to show tickets to the conductor.

Freeroll Passwords