Turbo - freerolls

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerol turbos

what do yall think with the most frequent amount of players is it better to start from beginning of registration and take your chances, or wait till the last 2 min of late registration too sighn in for game due to over half of players are gone by time late registration is over due to everyone playing all in bets not real poker??

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo freerolls at the start of tournaments, you should play very cautiously because many players will allin with any kind of hand. I recommend playing only with premium hands, AA KK QQ and at most one AK.
Sometimes it happens that you enter a less aggressive table, so you can limp or pay small increases with your connected hands and suits.
You must have a lot of ability to hold up bubble and will drop many times until you succeed.
But in the long run you will reach the prizes.

Most freerolls are turbo
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Good Lucky

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tide agressive

Since you characterize yourself as a non-aggressive player, I suppose you're not a limper either. So from what I know of poker, you like to wait for good hands and end up with poor stack. The solution to your problem maybe, I would indicate the appropriate hand range by position, this way you will see possible strategies to open your range in rounds.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this type of tournaments is for recreational .. or for players who want to spend time, playing aggressively and not stop playing with the aspiration of winning a lot of money .. I have played these tournaments in pokerstars several times and sometimes they seem fun to me .. sometimes I get tired playing poker seriously lol, sometimes it causes me to go all the hands all-in while I watch some series.

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what to do

Since you characterize yourself as a non-aggressive player, I suppose you're not a limper either. So from what I know of poker, you like to wait for good hands and end up with poor stack. The solution to your problem maybe, I would indicate the appropriate hand range by position, this way you will see possible strategies to open your range in rounds.

i play different ways depends on the hand and the flop, but i do try to be conservative... but these people are playing 3-9 offsuit, and flop is A/Q/3 i have A/K you can bet 1,500.00 for the turn hell theyll pay 9 grand just to see the river and pull a bull crap trips or two pair off the river.. hell they had no reason to be in the hand after flop much less even paying the blinds.. very aggrivating..

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see what your saying

I think that this type of tournaments is for recreational .. or for players who want to spend time, playing aggressively and not stop playing with the aspiration of winning a lot of money .. I have played these tournaments in pokerstars several times and sometimes they seem fun to me .. sometimes I get tired playing poker seriously lol, sometimes it causes me to go all the hands all-in while I watch some series.
but i have not the funds to credit my account i am a dissabled veteran, lost a couple limbs in alfganastan due to an I.E.D on my 3rd tour... so unfortunantelly i am in due process.. i gott to win some.. and i have ive won the THR freeroll once and second place another
ive won 3 10 dollar freerolls.. and ive placed in atleast 15 seperate freerolls.. but allways end up losing it in. .11cent buy in game, or.55cent buy in game.. these people play like its still freerolls,,, all in//allin,, allin with nothing like A/2 suited preflop 3 thousand.. hell aces are nice but really thats a crap hand

C

CalyxCrystals

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play different ways depends on the hand and the flop, but i do try to be conservative... but these people are playing 3-9 offsuit, and flop is A/Q/3 i have A/K you can bet 1,500.00 for the turn hell theyll pay 9 grand just to see the river and pull a bull crap trips or two pair off the river.. hell they had no reason to be in the hand after flop much less even paying the blinds.. very aggrivating..

whats aggravating is players who reraise my AK 3-bet allin with 10-3offsuit preflop and hit a straight...you know like you did earlier today.

Im currently in 4th of that freeroll with 21 left, you managed to get knocked out 46th. How you survived that long with plays like that, the world will never know.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello guys!

I am playing some freerolls in pokerstars, but most of them are turbos. I have somo difficulties in playing this kind of game, maybe because I am not very agressive.
Have you guys some tips for me?

You have to play more hands, otherwise you will blind out, can't be too tight.

L

lionel85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello guys!

I am playing some freerolls in pokerstars, but most of them are turbos. I have somo difficulties in playing this kind of game, maybe because I am not very agressive.
Have you guys some tips for me?

PLAY A LOT OF FREEROLL TO GROW UP YOU bankroll!!!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How big does your bankroll have to be before you stop playing freerolls?
I'd say this depends on the freerolls. For me, the variables are 1. the level timing/blind increase, 2. the prizes and payout structure, and 3. the size of the player pool. Certain freerolls I would not stop playing until the first prize is less than 1/30th of my bankroll. Others I just don't bother playing regardless of freerolls.

At what point not to play any freerolls at all? Maybe when you don't want free money anymore and you make more in the same time you would play a freeroll from just focusing on your cash games.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also do not like turbo tournaments, especially if the original stack 1500. After such competition plays an important role luck. Sometimes, and not wait good starting hands ....
Yeah, me nether.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only say that turbo freerolls are mostly for luck, as a lot of players come with any cards. Therefore, in the first minute just luck. Also in such tournaments, no one loses anything, so its value is small. My opinion, just play with a good hand and go straight to ollin.
100% agreed wait four normal hand ship all yours chips in and hope four best, i suggest go all in with hands 96s+, i play like this and out of 15-20 freerols i win 1.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either put the format you are playing into a icm calculator and do quiz mode, or play the game normally and review your hands for icm errors afterwords, then lather rinse repeat until the errors go away. Be sure to adjust the villans ranges for what you believe they are(this is done the easiest with the help of a hud).

Bltax

Bltax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Love turbos. You don't have to sit there till your butt falls asleep. Play your good hands fold your bad hands. Good luck

Very good statement, turbo tournaments are, as the name suggests, fast tournaments, but there is nothing to panic, good selection of starting hands preflop is decisive in these tournaments in my opinion, but there is nothing really better to wait for cards on the flop and then make a decision about to continue playing. Time is important in tournaments and you should at least calculate your positions during the break, the number of chips and reaching the toll booth to avoid losing cash, after entering the toll booth calculate your position in the tournament and your chances of winning again (not every time you win) tournament, especially when the hand does not go in such a spot, it is better to get as high as possible in position, play with time and control how many players must leave the tournament to reach a higher degree of paid space, and when you drop out of the tournament, calculate how much profit you could get and consider it a win, because as the saying goes: grain to grain until a scoop accumulates!)

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turbo you need more luck then poker skill..............because is to fast..............to manny BINGO hands............from the starst of tourney until ends.........but it ok sometimes...

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My advise is to stay patient and calm. Push-fold is a bad weak style play. TAG style rocks. And GTO is pretty decent theory.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I think the ACR freerolls have been the best, including that $50 guarantee.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play a very short range of hands and try to be aggressive when you have position on table to do that. Try to avoid "flips" unless you know the player is not that good.

HectorTadeu

HectorTadeu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll we need patience and play in position.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the key, play aggressive when necessary and remember it’s a freeroll so don’t be surprised to lose with pocket AA’s to 72o.

J

Jak0diamonds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like buddy just posted open your range and experiment. Esp if your not comfortable, freerolls will help you in your real money games with being aggressive. Also if your comfotable playiny cash games .05/.10 blinds that will help you.

Freeroll Passwords