B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello guys!

I am playing some freerolls in pokerstars, but most of them are turbos. I have somo difficulties in playing this kind of game, maybe because I am not very agressive.
Have you guys some tips for me?

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only say that turbo freerolls are mostly for luck, as a lot of players come with any cards. Therefore, in the first minute just luck. Also in such tournaments, no one loses anything, so its value is small. My opinion, just play with a good hand and go straight to ollin.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hello guys!

I am playing some freerolls in pokerstars, but most of them are turbos. I have somo difficulties in playing this kind of game, maybe because I am not very agressive.

Hi,
In my opinion, it's not a matter of being aggressive, because many aggressive players lose at the first stages too. The blinds structure of the turbo/hyper games is aggressive, favouring the players chasing the lady luck.
More skilled players (tight or aggresive), with a reasonable bankroll, avoid turbo/hyper matches.:)

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a good hand doesn't always cut it. Freeroll tournaments are pain in the butt, players have nothing to lose..
Since it is a freeroll, experiment! Try out different roles. glhf :)

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turbos are more normal anymore then in the past, hypers yes you need to open up ur ranges and take chances

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you don't necessarily have to be aggro to win turbos. Since it's a freeroll, let a quarter of the field spazz out and sit tight with your starting stack until you get a premium. If blinds goes up to the point where you have less than 20BBs, a couple of 3 bet shoves and you should be right back in it.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turbo tournaments, luck is very important, but in freerolls players make many mistakes and I would advise you to study push / fold charts. This is most important in such tournaments.

Oliver Frank

Oliver Frank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm learning,
Which is the best freeroll pokeroom today?

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, turbo tournaments you have to play more aggressive and to take more risks) I don't really like turbo

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me, such tournaments are a lottery. Sometimes I get lucky and I reach the late stage. But I haven’t reached the final yet. Maybe someday I will have more luck.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove with the premiums and pray lol

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Expand the range of hands. Otherwise, you'll just get eaten.

P

pleyboi8585

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
advice for turbo tourney
try to double up early while blinds are low
play aggressive meaning bet anytime a hand is checked to u
raise preflop more often with semi premium hands
only bluff when u have a opponent covered
and just show no mercy but also play smart and youll do great

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
get push and fold programs for sit a go so you will learn to move in turbo tournaments

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love turbos. You don't have to sit there till your butt falls asleep. Play your good hands fold your bad hands. Good luck

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
turbo

I miss turbo freerolls. some official cardschat tournys should be turbo.
A turbo knockout tourny would be even better.

jorge rodriguez

jorge rodriguez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a good tip would be to start the tournament from minute zero and since you're going to have a considerable number of blinds, wait for a very good style hand + JJ, + AQ and try to finish with all the chips in, once you double. or triple your stack you can play more calm and put pressure on the other players ... luck at the tables

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found that I learn and earn very very little in turbo freerolls.
To start, select deeper free or low buy-in games, preferrably with a small field.
Summary; go for:
- deep freerolls (only few available)
- low buy-in small field sit&go's

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also do not like turbo tournaments, especially if the original stack 1500. After such competition plays an important role luck. Sometimes, and not wait good starting hands ....

N

NotNegreanu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doucle up early

hello guys!

Any freeroll, especially turbo ones are won in the first few hands really. You go all in with any two cards a few times and if you win them all you have 5 times the amount of chips everyone else does, you'll always see like 10 people double up after the first hand and then 5 of those double up again after that and then they play for real and are in an amazing spot to make a deep run.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any freeroll, especially turbo ones are won in the first few hands really. You go all in with any two cards a few times and if you win them all you have 5 times the amount of chips everyone else does, you'll always see like 10 people double up after the first hand and then 5 of those double up again after that and then they play for real and are in an amazing spot to make a deep run.

understood! Thanks

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the turbo tournaments are not my favorite, but I try to play, in that kind of tournaments the point is that if you must play aggressively and obviously do well, because it is not only about being aggressive and it is about the reading that have the players that are at your table and know how aggressive you can be and at what time be more aggressive

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello guys!

just play more and more games every day and you will adapt to them

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbos you have to be more aggressive because the blinds go up at a faster rate

You can't wait for premium hands, have to open your range wider, and play with mediocre hands as well

Position is definitely most important in my opinion

Freeroll Passwords