Trapping in poker is a strategy or a silly move?

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If it works, then it was a good move.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes trapping is the only way, if you are a short stack, of getting back into the game. Sometimes you simply have to take that chance.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i trap all the time, but the trap never works lol

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with letting the other players catch-up.
For example: I hit quads on the flop, I checked, then someone bet the turn I only called.
When he bet big on the river I doubled his bet.
Cuz he scared the other players off, by betting. But I did get paid some.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It may be so, but it is more effective than playing aggressive, many times I have had AA, KK in hand and I play it a bit strong, I have even played it all in, and that does not prevent someone from paying and winning the hand I think the problem is that sometimes we get blinded when we have AA, KK etc. in our hands and we play passively at the beginning and we see what has come out on the table and we know that we are losing even so we decide to continue betting until the end just because we have a high pair in hand, many times it is difficult to fold, I also think that it has its positive side, you will not always be trapped, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't as with any poker strategy

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trapping is a good strategy vs agressive players ,i prefer to let them bet and try to bluff me instead of raising them

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
So: I will ask.😁
You know, I just thought that the VIP program was updated at the beginning of 2023, so most likely you're right - themes created before the VIP program update cannot be taken into account. Oh, I confused you, I'm sorry.🙊

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You know, I just thought that the VIP program was updated at the beginning of 2023, so most likely you're right - themes created before the VIP program update cannot be taken into account. Oh, I confused you, I'm sorry.🙊
It's late now, I already asked @Martin, I'm going to get a big, nice resounding No.🤪😁🤣🤣

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It’s a fair strategy guys … okay it can go the other way and you may lose but all strategies have risks …

R

raskopain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Brunson would say trapping is how you break someone. You want all their chips.

I am not refering to slow playing AA (but there are conditions where this is warranted) . I am suggesting playing quality hands or low cost mediocre hands that with the flop allow you to finish off an opponent with well disguised hands.