tournaments with 10000 players

olegbereza

olegbereza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to start a tournament with 10,000 players? Your advice will be very helpful for my next tournament, with thanks
Tournaments with so many players are very dispersive, so it's best to play smaller tournaments. In large tournaments, you will very rarely even get to the final table, not to mention victory, and secondly you need a solid bankroll to play such MTT. My advice to you is: play MTT for 300-700 players and then everything will be ok.
Good luck!

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to run extremely well to make the final table against 10K players.

olegbereza

olegbereza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to start a tournament with 10,000 players? Your advice will be very helpful for my next tournament, with thanks
I would advise not to play tournaments for 10,000 players at all, as they are very dispersive. It is better to choose MTT in which up to 1000 players play.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Eventually i play this kind of game
The best is to limp until you get something decent
With half gone you play it as usual you play
Rgds

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a freeroll wayyyy back at pokerstars with 9.951 players.
I paid attention, players who shoved trash I called with medium to strong hands
it payed off. later it was tight aggressive, again, it payed off.
not the only huge field tourney I've won or final tabled just 'the one'.
the biggest and hardest to accomplish. I was pretty proud of myself for weeks.
now....so what. just another game on the list of games.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's quite difficult to win when there's a lot of players especially over 10K!

T

tscheniizu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know these tournaments quite well.

Free-rolls, full of beginners and donks.

My strategy is patience - Trying to get only safe chips, playing very tight. Waiting, 'til all the "72o"-All-in-guys are out and playing more aggressively after passing the bubble.

It's not always working, I'm somestimes dying of blinds and sometimes it's too tight and very hard to make better places at the hand as others have collected so much more ... :D

vra4a

vra4a

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clear and passive play,avoid to play all-in.Trust the instinct.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many will fall early in the tournament. Stay out of this group.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just play your game. Its just like any tournament except there are more people. The same percentage of people will cash. The thing you must remember is that cashing is not the only thing. The real money is at the top and that's what you need to shoot for. Yes getting into the top 30-40 will probably pay out nicely but winning one of these will set your bankroll up big time and that's why we play these type of events.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like people say, patience and discipline....

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long fild tournaments so the variance is very large, so at the beginning I only play for value and I do not risk much, in the middle of the tournament I try to identify as many spots as possible and play more aggressively until the bubble. In the end I try to identify the regular players and apply some plays since in this period of the game the playes already have more notion of the game and will not take much risk!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on how fast this tournament is. I believe that tournaments with such a large number of players, you must start to play with caution, and only with strong cards, gradually increasing aggression.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A tournament starting with that many players it will be easy to build up your bankroll quickly because of all the pushing that will be going on early. After the early rounds that's where you have to be patient and wait for your hands to get deeper into the tournament.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play in the best way as if it were a lot of money invested so you create a discipline, take risks the tournament is very long.

Crispoker540

Crispoker540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the speed of the blinds, but in general play safe

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any tourney with 10,000+ entries is going to be a variance mine field. As in any tournament, you are going to have to get lucky (maybe a few times) to make a deep run. A tight-aggressive strategy (especially in the first half of the tourney) is probably going to net you the most consistent results in these big donk fests

I have to agree with this publication, I like tournaments with a lot of people, my posture changes according to tournament time.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
actively play at the beginning of the tournament

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well start playing tight and with enough patience

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here, many people write about the aggressiveness of the game at the beginning of the tournament. I think that you are going to play at the next freeroll. If so, then you have to go through a minefield to increase the stack. A lot of players will shove the middle card and the small card in the allyn. I don’t bother at all at these tournaments. Either I ignore them or shove a suitable card and go up or lose the stack and leave.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of such tournaments it is important to play tight, be patient and control emotions. I consider this to be one of the main ones. During the first levels of the blinds, many impatient players quit the game due to unwarranted all-ins.

Last edited:
Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
STRUCTURE

It depends on the structure of the bbs and is a free or paid tournament. Could you detail it?

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient, observe the players around you and the right spot will come.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the tournament people play freerolls different to a paying tourneys with big fields.:):):)