tournaments with 10000 players

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how to start a tournament with 10,000 players? Your advice will be very helpful for my next tournament, with thanks

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might need a little bit more information to help you out.

What's the structure of the game?

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tourney with 10,000+ entries is going to be a variance mine field. As in any tournament, you are going to have to get lucky (maybe a few times) to make a deep run. A tight-aggressive strategy (especially in the first half of the tourney) is probably going to net you the most consistent results in these big donk fests

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to be a very calm and patient person to play such tournaments seriously. Many players in such tournaments play with any two cards and win. I sometimes get nervous about it.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yo you dont want to bubble these tournaments shove jam all in K9s or better any position call with AQoff or better all in until you get a stack that is bubble equivalent.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You must be talking about freerolls with rapidly increasing blinds - turbo or hyper turbo. If you want to min cash, TAG with strict positional awareness will get you there. If you want a deep run, you'll need to go loose and risk it in multiway pots.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no im talking about massive field tournaments that are borderline not worth wasting effort on.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tournament with so many players, you will need to win a lot all in, you get double your stack as soon as possible, to try to get as far as possible, when bb are large, must do many robberies.
gl:)

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not really about how you start, or how you end. It's about your structure, and game plan. This should start with your ranges. learn them, memorize them, and stick to them. Yea you need to adjust them from time to time, but that comes with experience. Cause without them you are going in blind. I have so many different ranges I have a hard time keeping them straight. That's why you need to also study off the table to see where you made mistakes. This will help you make those in game adjustments when you need too.

Now as for a field that large, think of it like this. A profitable tournament player cashes about 30% of the time. That's of typical field of about 50-200 people. Now for the wsop ME event. Where most of your players are very familiar with GTO, ICM ect. your looking at a field of about 7000, and your cash rate for a typical player (even pros) is at about 20%. When you get up into the 10k+ range. Even if it is a bunch of rec players. Your cash rate is still only gonna be around 10-20% and that's if you really know what your doing, and make no mistakes at all.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same as any other MTT, play your table and pray that the RNG is on you for the game otherwise it doesnt matter what u do

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With so many players you’ll have play tight aggressive at the beginning. As the tournament goes on you may have to loosen up win a few all-ins just simply to get you a chance to get into the money.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A tournament with so many players it is difficult because of the large number of players. You need patience and carefull rise of your stack till you see the one third of the players remain to start having a more accurate picture.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Just like any other tournament...
Patience, it's like a marathon!

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That kind of tournaments are like bingo in the beginning. It’s really important to see fast what kind of players are on your table and adjust your game accordingly. If they are loose you need to be tight. If they are tight you need to be loose, and don’t bluff there will be always someone who will call with their third pair and you will lose

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to start a tournament with 10,000 players? Your advice will be very helpful for my next tournament, with thanks

You can find 10,000 players in a tournament only in big poker rooms like 888 poker or pokerstars. And many of them are freerolls with big prizes.

With 3 min level (super turbo) and rapid increase in ante you don't have much choice. You can't narrow your range of play as very soon your chips will be exhausted. You need to play with wider range. But good thing is if you can double or triple your chips and play sensibly then you will end up in payment zone within an hour. Tournament might take about 2 or 3 hours to finish.

With 5 min level (or more then 5 min) ante don't increase rapidly and won't effect your game to the extent that you feel like shortage of time or shortage of chips. You can approach the game slowly and steadily. You can narrow down your range of play and you can play tight. Bad thing is it requires many hours of play. When would you be able to reach the Payment zone is uncertain. Much depends on time allowed for late registration and re-buys. In general you maybe in the bubble in 4 or 5 hours. Tournament may last up to 10 hours.

This is my general observation while playing freerolls as well as buy-in tournaments.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Best advice i can give is to focus on the 8 other players at the table (if its a 9 man table)
Your not fighing the other 9991 players :D

Play accordingly to your stack size, note and colormark players at your table.

Now you should be ready for action :cool::cool:

A

Anna Nikolaeva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in these tournaments, at the initial stage, I always wait for strong hands. But not in turbo.

kokoalexkoko

kokoalexkoko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play bounty builder 17000 people with buy-in 5.5$... end on 29 position and win only 114$... 8 hours...

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you friends for your valuable advice

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not as bad as it sounds, the more players the more tables and so the quicker people will be eliminated. 10K people MTTs dont take that much longer than 5K people MTT, Though ultimately you will need more chips to win due to the # of chips issued to all those players, you need to watch that. You think you have a decent stack with 6K chips and you open the lobby to find that the first 50 players have chip counts in the 80K region, and you are actually near the bottom. That has happened to me many times.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play as normal but you have to know that the luck to win is really small

Ebsonip

Ebsonip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend starting playing conservatively.

DeN4iK310882

DeN4iK310882

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Always be prepared for the lottery of these tournaments. Well, you just imagine, 1/10 000 that you will take first place.:help:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is more effective to play wide and very aggressive at the beginning of the tournament on this type of configuration. If you manage to accumulate enough chips to pass the bubble. Change your style of play and play more tight. of course playing aggressive at the beginning it will manage your losses well because you can only win some pot.il you will pay as much as possible.

On the other hand if it is a turbo frerrolls 1000 starting chips. I play tighten at the beginning. General all-in preflop. after all depends on the table because you have to be able to adapt by playing not only the cards but also the players who are next to you. Some will surely be easier to beat than the others.