Are tournament prizes fair?

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is how works. If the winner maker 1.5x of the buy in, none will want to play the tournament.
The marketing of Poker (and any cassino) is "play 1000usd and won 1.000.000usd".

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how i understand it was KO tournament, so you'll need to eliminate as much players as possible. 12,25$ for each!

:top: agree! bankroll management is a fiction to give you play poker a little longer,
there is no difference how to lose 1$ x 200 times, 10$ x 20 times or 200$ once in Sunday Million!
:D i rly wrte ths/
Indeed it was a tournament KO, I prizes for the head of paid 550 $:fight:It was a good game, it was an event WSOOP

E

emil4707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think they are fair , but i prefer to play spin and go / where you can earn same money faster

i love knockout tourneys too .

you can get call your monster by loose players

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is really the only solution

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that everything is fair, because the one who took the higher place was more likely to take risks.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems unfair but that's also the part that makes tournament so profitable, when you win or get in the first 3 you hit the jackpot, you can turn a few 55cents in 150 dollars and that's the beuty of tournaments

R

rlsogood

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At first u need to try get ITM, tu just pay your investiment.. then u need to try to get FT, because de difference payouts from itm to FT isnt that huge.
That's the thing.. to become a profit player, u dont have just get to ITM u have win tournaments, and thats is the edge from recreative and pros i guess.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with you. If you look at the tournament lobby, you can find a table for the distribution of prizes. In different poker rooms, it looks different. In some, it is expressed in a prize equivalent on others in a percentage ratio.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this distribution is also very frustrating for me, in tournaments only the first 3 places is a good win, and this is 8 -12 hours of play)) it's very long and it's almost impossible to get into these 3 places))

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In gambling nothing is fair, if it was fair then you could never bluff or badbeat... Think for a minute. :)

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you the problem that few are even the awards :(

X

xurrr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It varies from site to site. I think they should pay out more to the final 9 players rather than pay more places.

molodoi3000

molodoi3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If to remove for example $6 for 15-20 places. That you in 4 hours of a game in poker won't receive anything at all. Unless it is fair?

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm

not sure if I'm missing something but if your playing a 3.30 with 3k entrants your payouts will be much larger than your example.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it infuriates that worthy prize receive only the final table and if to be more exact 3 first places, after sitting 6 hours and take off from the tournament 10-30 place and get 10 15 baiiny and this for 6 hours of game that already inside boils up.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this distribution is also very frustrating for me, in tournaments only the first 3 places is a good win, and this is 8 -12 hours of play)) it's very long and it's almost impossible to get into these 3 places))
Exactly, the big money is for big players, the small money you can reach by sitting out and waiting others to fail trying to get the big money. Prize distribution is, what it is. Check it out before, then you won't be disappointed later.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly, the big money is for big players, the small money you can reach by sitting out and waiting others to fail trying to get the big money. Prize distribution is, what it is. Check it out before, then you won't be disappointed later.:heeeellll

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly, the big money is for big players, the small money you can reach by sitting out and waiting others to fail trying to get the big money. Prize distribution is, what it is. Check it out before, then you won't be disappointed later.:heeeellll:rock:

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope, I made my point clear, hahaha,database errors, could somwebode delete some posts plz? thx

L

Leonardo Laquale

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournamente prizes

I agree to increase the prizes and decrease the number of players paid, it is hard to stay hours playing and the prize is not worth it

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right, the difference is a lot, it should be a bit more tight, so reward the time spent

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it kinda sux the prize structure but MTT are my fav even tho SNG are more profitable for sure