Stalling as a strategy?

P

PokerAzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take advantage of the clock, that is why its there! LOL. Everyone is entitled to the same time! Cowardly or not, everyone has there own tactic's if you choose to use it, all the power to yah! Personally It does work if your low stack and trying to get in the money! But if your folding good cards to keep your chips when your low stack your kinda a coward! lol.

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will rarely stall with the exception of certain sites that don't have any hand for hand implied and players on other tables are stalling. What happens is if you play normal speed than your seeing 2x as many hands as the other tables thus getting hit with 2x more blinds. Good luck on the felts!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've done it, but I've never felt good about it. But, it beats bubbling when you're safely inside the cut and lose with pocket kings.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Big Stack Strategy

well my opinion is that instead of Stalling, Big Stacks should use the Big Stack Strategy, that is: push every hand, been aggressive and taking advantage of your Big stack.
The Stalling I will understand for a Small stack player trying to make it in to The Money say top 100 or so. :deal:

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good strategy but I have used it on occasion while on the bubble and card dead.

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The method of the villain seems to me the best auque sometimes ends badly most of the times the bet in some moments with very good card and the second play any card that comes to my hand without teneer account the position or the number of chips the Try to despair the opponents making them wait my play take the time of the clock to my favor to bet strong before to generate a big pot and that they go all inn against others so when I win a hand of many chips that seems to me is my strategy in The tournament

Can you explain what a "villain" is? I've heard this term before and am unclear

E

Equitabledistribution

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems most of you agree with what I have observed. Running the clock near the bubble is annoying and pointless. I would argue that this is the strategy for the player who feels inferior and knows he/she is outmatched in the skill department by those around him/her. By contributing to the increasing of the blinds, these players are effectively limiting the amount of moves everyone can do and increasing the factor that luck will have to play in determining the winner of the next hand. They hurt their own chances as much as others. Play tight and fold more if you must, but don't run your clock down to the last second when you know you're going to fold.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
This is really effective in Sit and Gos and maybe MTTs that are down to two tables. When you use it in the middle its really just annoying because while it will hurt short stacks people are often mixed around to difffernt tables

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
running the clock at bubble time can help,exp- controlling how the blind increase will affect u or the players on ur left ,speed up to miss the increase, run it out so the players following you get hit with it.. it works on players with short stacks

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont think stalling with the chip lead is a good strategy, if you have a chip lead you want to use the power of your big stack to build your lead.

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
In my opinion it really sucks, but for some players it is a tactic