BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
today I lost everywhere, on Kesh at mmt tournaments. I accidentally found a sit / go tournament. How profitable is this game? Is there anyone who can advise, is it worth wasting time ???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213-120304.png
    Screenshot_20230213-120304.png
    450.7 KB · Views: 27
J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hi,
I play it a lot and with a little profit. But you have a lot more variance than in the normal Sit and go...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back in the day of pokerstars and Full Tilt these loaded up quickly. For me, these were ones that made money. Look for 45 & 90 person, normal blind increase freezeouts. Any more they load way to slow to join a few at a time.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't like that kind of game.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you are losing too much i recommend you to stop a little. Refresh your hand, rethink your games, regain your confidence, then, play again.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When you're losing too much, I recommend you stop for a while. Refresh your hand, rethink your games, regain confidence, and then play again.
thanks for the advice. I don't lose much. I want to play, practice what I've learned.

A

Adieadie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, these were ones that made money.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you already think of it as "wasting time", thats probably not the mest mindset to start grinding microstakes SnGs.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Sometimes I play this format. But it seems to me that the profit that I get there can not always pay off a series of losses)

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I also play this tournament format sometimes. I think the payouts start from 7th place. If it ranks you in the top three, it's worth it for the time invested. In addition, the tournament does not last too long, so you can play good poker with concentration.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
fundiver199,on the contrary, I want to spend time usefully, so I'm asking for advice. Thanks for the comment.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fundiver199,on the contrary, I want to spend time usefully, so I'm asking for advice. Thanks for the comment.
Ok. In that case my answer is, that 45 man SnGs is a great introduction to tournament poker. Typically 7 places pay, so the final table is pretty similar to that of a normal MTT with a small extra element of it also being the bubble. At the same time fields are small enough, that you will regularly reach the final table and somewhat regularly the top 3 spots.

So you get final table experience, and variance is smaller than in large MTTs while a bit higher than in STTs like a 6-man or 9-man SnG. The latter can also be a good introduction to tournament poker, but 6-mans and 9-mans have much more extreme ICM, which you can not carry with you to MTTs.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
fundiver199,thank you for spending so much time on my question, I value the opinion of every good player. Yes, not a very long tournament. Two hours. You can play two tables, but then I don’t have time to determine opponents. At the smallest limit. I'm learning. Thank you again!!!!

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
As a microgrinder, I currently play SNG's on exactly these levels.
The advantage is that these SNGs fill up very quickly and the normal speed means you don't have to risk your stack so quickly with weak hands. Especially in the first phase, restraint is required, as the GoDogs (Go-Deep-or-Go-Gamblers) are fiercely celebrating all festivals with every kind of hand. As the tournament progresses, the skills will then be more in demand.
I now have my own challenge running.:) I would like to earn a plus of $50 with the 0.25 45 SNG and then play the 0.50 45. I am currently on an increase of 15.68. Since I don't play tournaments very often, it will be a while until I reach my goal.

M

mssmotilda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose everywhere, then this game is unlikely to be more profitable for you than others.:) It will definitely be more profitable to devote time to training.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose everywhere, then this game is unlikely to be more profitable for you than others.:) It will definitely be more profitable to devote time to training.
If the reason for "losing everything" was poor bankroll management, then implementing bankroll management can be the solution. And playing 45 man SnGs with a small buyin is a way to do just that ;)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the profit in these tournaments is small, but if you don't have much money then these tournaments will definitely be easy for you to earn a couple of dollars if you know how to play there players are weak

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on which entry, if 0.25 then you will definitely lose time in vain))

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As a microgrinder, I currently play SNG's on exactly these levels.
The advantage is that these SNGs fill up very quickly and the normal speed means you don't have to risk your stack so quickly with weak hands. Especially in the first phase, restraint is required, as the GoDogs (Go-Deep-or-Go-Gamblers) are fiercely celebrating all festivals with every kind of hand. As the tournament progresses, the skills will then be more in demand.
I now have my own challenge running.:) I would like to earn a plus of $50 with the 0.25 45 SNG and then play the 0.50 45. I am currently on an increase of 15.68. Since I don't play tournaments very often, it will be a while until I reach my goal.
thanks for the comment and advice. It would be interesting for me to watch how you move towards your goal, if it's not difficult to write in this thread about your victories.
How many tournaments do you play at the same time or just one like me?

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Depending on which entry, if 0.25 then you will definitely lose time in vain))
I agree that the profit is not big, but the practice is good. I also play mmt tournaments at the micro limit, you can win good money on the final table. Of course, everything is relative, everyone measures by themselves😴. What do you think is a worthy win

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in general, SnG is a good format to play in plus, if your game goes better there than in Cash, then you can try, play a certain number of tournaments and look at the statistics, pay attention to 6max SnG yet, so as not to wait long

R

raichek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like to play sit and go tournaments, I fill my session with them, in addition to bounty builders.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to try all types of games and choose what suits you best, the variance in poker is large and you should not judge one session, you need to consider long distances