MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
today I lost everywhere, on Kesh at mmt tournaments. I accidentally found a sit / go tournament. How profitable is this game? Is there anyone who can advise, is it worth wasting time ???
In order to determine in which tournaments or games you should play, you need to keep statistics. Statistics and clear bankroll management are two main criteria that will allow you to understand in which direction you should move.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
MishkaZL,thanks for the advice. It's still difficult for me, for now. I just play for fun every day. Today I took second place, this is progress for me, after third place. But I read about statistics and banknote, thanks !!!
In order to determine in which tournaments or games you should play, you need to keep statistics. Statistics and clear bankroll management are two main criteria that will allow you to understand in which direction you should move.

in general, SnG is a good format to play in plus, if your game goes better there than in Cash, then you can try, play a certain number of tournaments and look at the statistics, pay attention to 6max SnG yet, so as not to wait long
thanks for the advice! 6 max is difficult for me so far, tournaments are recruited quickly at poker stars, I don’t know how the game didn’t work on others at GGPoker, I abandoned everything there. Today again in the prizes, I took second place, I will play. Time will tell ....

you need to try all types of games and choose what suits you best, the variance in poker is large and you should not judge one session, you need to consider long distances
thanks for the advice, but strong cards kill so often that two AAs do not please but bring anxiety. How many tournaments do you need to play per month in order to cover randomness well???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-231842.png
    Screenshot_20230215-231842.png
    427.3 KB · Views: 0
Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Thanks for the comment and advice. It would be interesting for me to watch how you move towards your goal, if it's not difficult to write in this thread about your victories.
How many tournaments do you play at the same time or just one like me?
I'm welcome to write about the progress in this thread from time to time.
When I play tournaments, it is a maximum of 3 parallels. With more tournaments, I lose track and then make stupid moves.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm welcome to write about the progress in this thread from time to time.
When I play tournaments, it is a maximum of 3 parallels. With more tournaments, I lose track and then make stupid moves.
thanks, I'll be happy to look at your game, where do you play? I'm on pokerstars

I will study statistics, thanks for the advice !!!

MishkaZL,thanks for the advice. It's still difficult for me, for now. I just play for fun every day. Today I took second place, this is progress for me, after third place. But I read about statistics and banknote, thanks !!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no exact start time - the start will not start until all places are filled, therefore - it may not start at all. This can be considered a disadvantage, but it applies to rare games - with too high stakes, with a huge number of places or an unpopular type of poker. SNG tournaments at a convenient time. Therefore, when choosing a poker room, pay attention to whether the events of this format are popular in it and whether there are a sufficient number of potential rivals.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play only on Pokerstars
I'll see you at the tournament then😀, I'm Fishnet188 there. Today I lost two tournaments. Later I played MTT, won but not much 😂

There is no exact start time - the start will not start until all places are filled, therefore - it may not start at all. This can be considered a disadvantage, but it applies to rare games - with too high stakes, with a huge number of places or an unpopular type of poker. SNG tournaments at a convenient time. Therefore, when choosing a poker room, pay attention to whether the events of this format are popular in it and whether there are a sufficient number of potential rivals.
thanks, I play at the lowest limit of 0.25. There are tournaments constantly going on at Poker Stars, you don’t have to wait. expensive tournaments are early for me, I already understood this after big losses, as for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216-213648.png
    Screenshot_20230216-213648.png
    583 KB · Views: 2
ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As some here said, SnG is the helpfull way to get used to MTT world, but don't be fooled that they are playing just like microlimit mtts. That's not so true, so if you want to learn MTT, then it would be more profitable in all ways to focus on regular MTT tournaments. Of course, you can learn a lot form SnG's, but when you will seriously go to any 1$ (don't saying about 2$) tournament it would be not so easy to play there. Regular MTT's are much more difficult I think! Anyway good luck on the tables (y)

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As some here said, SnG is the helpfull way to get used to MTT world, but don't be fooled that they are playing just like microlimit mtts. That's not so true, so if you want to learn MTT, then it would be more profitable in all ways to focus on regular MTT tournaments. Of course, you can learn a lot form SnG's, but when you will seriously go to any 1$ (don't saying about 2$) tournament it would be not so easy to play there. Regular MTT's are much more difficult I think! Anyway good luck on the tables (y)
thanks, yes i agree with you. I play MTT tournaments and see a big difference.
It’s warmer to get to the final table, and all the money is there😴

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I'll see you at the tournament then😀, I'm Fishnet188 there. Today I lost two tournaments. Later I played MTT, won but not much 😂
Nice. The 1,10 Bounty Builders i play sometime too. A few month ago i won one. Boost up my Bankroll about $81.
In between I played break even a few times through bounties.
See yu on the tables.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
If your gonna try these you might aswell just stick with the MTT. They are good practice for them though but not much value playing them at lower stakes

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
If your gonna try these you might aswell just stick with the MTT. They are good practice for them though but not much value playing them at lower stakes
That's true, but my skills aren't suitable for higher limits. In microstakes, I'm often the one-eyed person among the blind. I am always the blind person in higher buyins.:)

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
That's true, but my skills aren't suitable for higher limits. In microstakes, I'm often the one-eyed person among the blind. I am always the blind person in higher buyins.:)
Yeah but if it was a choice between a $2 MTT or these.... I would prefer to play the MTT

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nice. The 1,10 Bounty Builders i play sometime too. A few month ago i won one. Boost up my Bankroll about $81.
In between I played break even a few times through bounties.
See yu on the tables.
first place is awesome.Good luck at the tables.Don't forget to show your monthly progress.I'm interested.I'm all for you!!!!May your goal be achieved!!!

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yeah but if it was a choice between a $2 MTT or these.... I would prefer to play the
it's all about the money. How relaxed it will be to play. Yes, there will be a good win in mmt, but there are so many players ....

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
it's all about the money. How relaxed it will be to play. Yes, there will be a good win in mmt, but there are so many players ....
Yes there is a lot of players to get through but once you get a good run it can pay off. Just takes alot of patience and discipline

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you need to try all types of games and choose what suits you best, the variance in poker is large and you should not judge one session, you need to consider long distances
I was going to recommend this. You're right! For some, playing 45 players is easier than playing with 9 players...

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play the 0.25c , I will soon start playing he next buy in . These sngs I think they are fun to play . 2 hours they last , not bad at all

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Played today: a 1.10 BountyBuilder with a small plus
and played 5x 0.25 45. Unfortunately, only one ITM for that but 2nd so results in a small plus.

Attachments

• 0,25_45er_20230217.png
    0,25_45er_20230217.png
    793.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1,10_BO_20230217.png
    1,10_BO_20230217.png
    858.2 KB · Views: 6
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Demand SnGs run on PokerStars up to the 5$ limit. The 0,5$, 2$ and 5$ games are turbos, while the 0,25$ and 1$ games are regular speed. If we compare the 1$ game to a 1,1$ MTT, then the field in the 1,1$ MTT will generally be softer, and stacks will be deeper on average. But even so there is a lot of postflop play in a 1$ On Demand game, so its not like, its a completely different game type. Maybe one can say, its comparable to a turbo MTT. In the turbo On Demand games though stacks get very short, which mean, you need to learn push-fold ranges very well, and there is not that much postflop play. Hope this helps :)

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Played today: a 1.10 BountyBuilder with a small plus
and played 5x 0.25 45. Unfortunately, only one ITM for that but 2nd so results in a small plus.
congratulations, albeit a small profit, anyway, the more we play, the more likely it is to reach the final table. I also played but did not go far. Thank you for showing your success !!!!

On Demand SnGs run on PokerStars up to the 5$ limit. The 0,5$, 2$ and 5$ games are turbos, while the 0,25$ and 1$ games are regular speed. If we compare the 1$ game to a 1,1$ MTT, then the field in the 1,1$ MTT will generally be softer, and stacks will be deeper on average. But even so there is a lot of postflop play in a 1$ On Demand game, so its not like, its a completely different game type. Maybe one can say, its comparable to a turbo MTT. In the turbo On Demand games though stacks get very short, which mean, you need to learn push-fold ranges very well, and there is not that much postflop play. Hope this helps :)
thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge. it is clear that you understand all the subtleties well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-225441.png
    Screenshot_20230217-225441.png
    559.4 KB · Views: 1
BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
who won the freeroll yesterday???I was out 70. Sunday for 300 dollars, while 61 players are registered. Who is participating???

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
congratulations, albeit a small profit, anyway, the more we play, the more likely it is to reach the final table. I also played but did not go far. Thank you for showing your success !!!!
Thanks. Even if the profit is small, +ROI is +ROI :)
Certainly it is also a question of the number of tournaments you play in order to reach the final tables.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thanks. Even if the profit is small, +ROI is +ROI :)
Certainly it is also a question of the number of tournaments you play in order to reach the final tables.
I play 2 or 3 mmt tournaments in the evenings and on weekends. And during the day I play sng. Today I was close to the final table, but I made a mistake and lost stupidly... Too bad.. Angry at myself...

again the second place in the tournament. I can't win when there are two of us, I need to read about this technique. I have never played one on one. How are you doing today?

I read all the above written messages again. Thanks to everyone who wrote their opinion about the tournament. Special thanks to those who made a comparison with mmt tournaments. Gave some strategies for the game. .For me yoursadvice is very valuable. I would like to thank everyone. Good luck in the game to everyone !!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218-133554.png
    Screenshot_20230218-133554.png
    556.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230219-002102.png
    Screenshot_20230219-002102.png
    423.8 KB · Views: 1
yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it depends on your bankroll, because I believe they have better options.