Should I call??

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being 3 handed you really have to widen your range, and the blinds are huge at this point, so I never plan on giving up on my blinds.
By min raising he is giving me very good odds to make the call, and knowing what he had (which I think is at the top of his range in this spot) I was only a 3 to 2 dog, and I am only really ever dominated by over pairs.
When I flop the flush I definitely think I'm going to be good, but was thinking another spade probably would be bad, but intended to get the chips in on the flop, which I did. And with him having no spade I was a 4 to 1 favorite.

The more I think about it the more sure I feel I played the hand perfect. Some people would like to say don't be results oriented, but I play for results, and no two situations are ever exactly the same, so you have to be flexible and be willing to play almost anything when blinds are that big and your playing that short.

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago on a cash table and hit my str8 on the flop but was beat on river by the board pairing and my opposition having hit a set post flop. I had no business being in the hand as did you but in many cases three handed the hand range will open up quite a bit so assuming your opponents will only play monsters is far fetched. Whether to fold or call it would have to depend on the other players at the table and how they were playing. If they are playing tight then the min raise could represent a super strong hand like aces or kings but if they are playing every hand then the hand could be unsuited connectors or Q10, this would ultimately decide on whether to call or fold. 9 out of 10 times I would fold unless I could out play the other person.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another huge factor was that I had him covered 2 to 1, so I was never ever in danger and could always get away on the flop. And busting him would mean heads up and pay jump.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still doesnt justify the flat in the slightest

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being 3 handed you really have to widen your range, sensibly

By min raising he is giving me terrible odds to make the call, and regardless what he had (since his hand is completely irrelevant to the strategy), I'm dominated by everything, a lack of initiative, and the fact that I rarely ever flop well.

I only flop the flush one in every 118 hands, but if I do I definitely think I'm going to be good, but was thinking another spade probably would be bad, but intended to get the chips in on the flop, which I did. And with him having no spade I was a 4 to 1 favorite; so basically I got lucky and every other time I make this play I'm going to lose money.

The more I think about it the more sure I feel I played the hand horribly. Some people would like to say don't be results oriented, but I enjoy donating to the prize pool, after all, somebody has to help the high stakes regs buy their new house right?, and I feel that doing bad things then postiing on CC about them is the best way to keep the hope that Yanks will rejoin the worldwide player pool is still alive.

Fyp.

Last edited:
Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahahaha, really enjoyed last post, very good

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold unless you have some kind of sick read on the raiser. I fold this a lot for many of the reasons mentioned.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can we flat here with the intention of bluffing on later streets? Say we're up against a reg who we have say, 2-300 hands on, can we flat here with the intent of bluffing him on the turn or the river?

EDIT: Assuming we're deepstacked obvs. say 100bb effective.

Last edited:
Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing?????? what if you hit a straight, or 2 pair, or trips, or 1 pair even, or flush (which is what happened), then you don't have to bluff. You know he's opening up his range as well so the chance he has a pair is slim, and I will always be leading out on the flop with air. The fact that I check raised him all in on the flop is exactly what I wanted to happen.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The 'thinking' in this thread is prolly good compared to how you actually play (if that is even possible). Seen some examples of the champ today... he's worse than could be imagined (but is that really even a surprise?) lol.

Show us those pokersite monthly receipts champ lol :p

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing?????? what if you hit a straight, or 2 pair, or trips, or 1 pair even, or flush (which is what happened), then you don't have to bluff. You know he's opening up his range as well so the chance he has a pair is slim, and I will always be leading out on the flop with air. The fact that I check raised him all in on the flop is exactly what I wanted to happen.

lol, no.

Actually just realised I answered my own question. If we're calling with the intention of bluffing on later streets then it doesn't really matter what we're calling with.

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy decision

If I were on your place I would lay that hand down and wait for better, patience is a huge deal for me and I am training it every day and is very important for nay game, especially for tournament play.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I were on your place I would lay that hand down and wait for better, patience is a huge deal for me and I am training it every day and is very important for nay game, especially for tournament play.
see that ^
Even the Euros lay that shyte down lol ;) (when they're not 3-bet jamming on 25-30bb's (effective) with it obv.)