Should I call??

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so I was playing the daily 10k the other night on Bovada and it's 3 handed. Blinds are 4/8k and 800 ante, so button min raises me in the BB with 4s8s, and I CALL....Is this right???

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohhh forgot to mention he had 100k and I had 200k in chips

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not wise with only around 12bb, your getting pretty good odds though.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you calling? What's your plan?

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would lay these down and play the next hand.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My vote is to fold. OOP with a terrible hand.

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold...
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're hoping for a flush or putting yourself in a position for a flush draw. But I'm also going to say that in this position, you're probably going up against better starting hands then you have. So, if you don't hit a flush (and you most likely won't) and if you don't put yourself in a position for a flush draw (and you most likely won't). Unless you happen to two pair, you really have nothing to work with. But let's say you do get two pair on the flop...then what?

Okay, well that might be okay, but it also isn't an extremely awesome hand either. At that point, you'd have to reanalyze everything, but the fact remains that your putting an under dog of 4 - 8 suited up against something that is most likely stronger to begin with.

Last edited:
frozensprx

frozensprx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would either shove or fold. You could shove if you believe your fold equity is good enough, and also a shove isn't terrible because even if he calls with two overs, your not a huge underdog. And if it was folded to him on the button his min raise might be a weak attempt to steal blinds.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK so I call because if you do the math its like 8k more to win like 30k so I'm getting better then 3 to 1. The flop is A57 all spades, so I flop a flush and I'm first to act so I check, he bets, I jam, he flips A5 and boom 5 on the river and I end up going on to get 3rd for a modest 1600$.

I don't know what the correct play is, but I'd like to think I played it alright. I don't know if my style is recommendable, but I rarely fold to a min raise if I'm in the big especially if there are other callers.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK so I call because if you do the math its like 8k more to win like 30k so I'm getting better then 3 to 1. The flop is A57 all spades, so I flop a flush and I'm first to act so I check, he bets, I jam, he flips A5 and boom 5 on the river and I end up going on to get 3rd for a modest 1600$.

I don't know what the correct play is, but I'd like to think I played it alright. I don't know if my style is recommendable, but I rarely fold to a min raise if I'm in the big especially if there are other callers.

Better than 3-1? - well hell yeah - flopping a flush is only 118 to 1 so that's about right - gotta go for it.

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a fold.... also depends on if he's been raising your blinds often... but not worth gettin in a fight over a few blinds in chips when you have 200k... calling is just dumping chips into the pot if you dont have a plan to push him off whatever he's limping

runnerx289

runnerx289

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a pretty standard fold Pre-flop especially with only around 12bb left. But just say you do happen to call... I think you played it right, you got in all in with the better hand and at the end of the day if you keep doing that in the long run it will become very profitable.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop you have three buttons and you clicked the worst one

runnerx289

runnerx289

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would call see a flop....

Why call, whats your plan? 90% of the time the flop will come with at least 2 overs. Also he's going to c-bet us most of the time and even if we do make a pair basically any card to come on the turn will scare us. I'm ALWAYS folding this Preflop, it's second nature.

(prime example of why you shouldn't post results in the thread because you get guys like this saying it was a good call just because you flopped a lucky flush one time haha)

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i would have recommended you to fold, how often it happens that you get a chance on the flop you want to stick on and loose quiet a lot of money in the end of it, here you got lucky and hit the flush on flop, but still lost, so keep your hands away from these starting hands,
anyway congrats to final table and the win of 1,6 k bucks

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, this is shocking. easy fold.

Villain min raises with 12bb behind, you call with the absolute bottom of your range with 18bb left.

You should be mucking this hand even if we're 100bb deep.

3bet jamming is better than calling here.

Fold>Shove>Call

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make this fold 100% of the time. I see no reason to call this. Give up the big blind and wait for a better hand to make your move

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would either shove or fold. You could shove if you believe your fold equity is good enough, and also a shove isn't terrible because even if he calls with two overs, your not a huge underdog. And if it was folded to him on the button his min raise might be a weak attempt to steal blinds.

If he called a shove with two overs your a huge underdog though??

I wouldn't recommend shoving in this situation perhaps a strong 3 bet to make him re-evaluate his hand and then a potential stab at the pot after the flop to see if he missed/hit..

Best advice imo

Tropwen

Tropwen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really see it being a good CALL in any situation if you RAISE with a plan to bluff them off there hand post flop with a good enough read on the rest of the people in the hand and believe you can get them to fold maybe once in a blue moon try it but calling/raising without a post flop plan is the WORST play in this situation so most of the time the best play here is to fold

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think hand history should play a part in your decision. I mean if it's hitting the low end of the deck, you could hit a good win. Raise it and get him to put more of his smaller stack in the pot.
Or simply fold.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think hand history should play a part in your decision. I mean if it's hitting the low end of the deck, you could hit a good win. Raise it and get him to put more of his smaller stack in the pot.
Or simply fold.

pretty much the exact opposite of this.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like a laydown to me. Odds not too good.