***September SNG Thread***

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call yourself a Catholic when you play those satanic 27 seat tournies? That's blasphemy!:p

LOL

I play a lot of private forum games with fields of 25-40 players, so is pretty much my standard game that i am used to.

Love the 27´s, i play the $2.25 in fulltilt and the $3.40 in Stars, i am rolled to play the $5´s in fulltilt but not in Stars that´s why was asking about BR.

Now reading CP is a great idea when you reach 100buyins for your current level try some shots in the higher level with the extra, i have no problems moving money from accounts, so i think will take all sites like only 1 roll.

Thanks CP, will see if can get a trial of Table Ninja to see if is worthy for me pay $50 ($100 if decide to get both fulltilt and Stars), probably will be for folks with more tables, but will see.

Last edited:
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would look at picking one site or the other if it was up between those two, Logan. If you can't get rakeback on FT, then I would definitely go with stars. But that would save you $50 right off the bat just in software. Plus you'd be able to manage your roll a lot better and get more hands on regs quicker. Just sayin'.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that August is over I can play a bit more. Gonna try to get in 50 games this month besides the occasional tournaments and forum games.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least they're not heads up superturbos, lolol.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would look at picking one site or the other if it was up between those two, Logan. If you can't get rakeback on FT, then I would definitely go with stars. But that would save you $50 right off the bat just in software. Plus you'd be able to manage your roll a lot better and get more hands on regs quicker. Just sayin'.
Already have rakeback in Fulltilt, thing is, dg, that 1 site don´t fill all my needs.

I play the $2 S&G regularly in fulltilt and trying to go to $5´s, the sattys for BLT are gold for BR boost (have a 51% ITM after 40 games), i like the $6 to double deuce sattys, the $3 Ko´s, and play regularly a forum league with money added and prizes, Cardchat games too, also im starting to look for some Mtts.

In Stars i like more the software, no minimun to cashout, play the $3 S&G´s, play the CC summer league there, i like the 1/4million $2 sattys, start to play Mtts also.

Then i have Merge, only thing that play there is private games, and also Mtts (less players more overlays) games don´t take the 8 hours like the others, have rakeback there too.

And Cake, no volume there of players to can play S&G´s but same like merge, play Mtts with less numbers (Cake don´t aloud Huds wich mean is full of fish because most good players stay out), also have rakeback there.

I play really early S&G in Fulltilt, then late or night S&G in Stars, if want to play Mtts usually open the 3 or 4 sites and pick a game in each one so can be playing 4 Mtts at the same time, if only leave 1 site will need to stick only with S&G´s and just 1 mtt running at given hour. So is really hard for me to not have more than 1 site.

What i am thinking is maybe take out something from some and put it in others to balance and have all with same level amounts, this way could play in same level in all.

Is never easy;)

5xThenFold

5xThenFold

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im trying to transition from 2.20/4.40 180s on stars to the 4.40 rush 135s on FT this month. i plan on putting in an insane amount of volume, i hope the variance isnt as bad as the turbo 180s on stars, just got over a 100BI downswing in the 2.20s.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it makes you feel better marginal I'm playing some 10PLO RUSH atm, we all gotta get a fix sometime!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad he showed I had a hard time folding this.

***** Hand History for Game 23550837486 ***** (Full Tilt)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, September 02, 12:25:51 ET 2010
Table 10 1 Sit Go (182112896) Table 1 (real money)
Seat 8 is the button
Seat 1: CJ Oly ( $1155.00 USD )
Seat 3: cardplayer52 ( $2835.00 USD )
Seat 4: Airballer0 ( $1500.00 USD )
Seat 5: zeni gueva ( $1455.00 USD )
Seat 6: protasoff ( $1455.00 USD )
Seat 7: sneakysquirrel ( $1135.00 USD )
Seat 8: xxxboogieman ( $765.00 USD )
Seat 9: pacey123 ( $3200.00 USD )
pacey123 posts small blind [$20.00 USD].
CJ Oly posts big blind [$40.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to cardplayer52 [ Qs Qh ]
cardplayer52 raises [$120.00 USD]
Airballer0 folds
zeni gueva folds
protasoff folds
sneakysquirrel calls [$120.00 USD]
xxxboogieman folds
pacey123 raises [$980.00 USD]
CJ Oly folds
cardplayer52 folds
sneakysquirrel folds
pacey123 wins $880.00 USD
pacey123 shows [Ks, Kc ]
pacey123 wins $400.00 USD from main pot

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad he showed I had a hard time folding this.

***** Hand History for Game 23550837486 ***** (Full Tilt)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, September 02, 12:25:51 ET 2010
Table 10 1 Sit Go (182112896) Table 1 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Seat 1: CJ Oly ( $1155.00 USD )
Seat 3: cardplayer52 ( $2835.00 USD )
Seat 4: Airballer0 ( $1500.00 USD )
Seat 5: zeni gueva ( $1455.00 USD )
Seat 6: protasoff ( $1455.00 USD )
Seat 7: sneakysquirrel ( $1135.00 USD )
Seat 8: xxxboogieman ( $765.00 USD )
Seat 9: pacey123 ( $3200.00 USD )
pacey123 posts small blind [$20.00 USD].
CJ Oly posts big blind [$40.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to cardplayer52 [ Qs Qh ]
cardplayer52 raises [$120.00 USD]
Airballer0 folds
zeni gueva folds
protasoff folds
sneakysquirrel calls [$120.00 USD]
xxxboogieman folds
pacey123 raises [$980.00 USD]
CJ Oly folds
cardplayer52 folds
sneakysquirrel folds
pacey123 wins $880.00 USD
pacey123 shows [Ks, Kc ]
pacey123 wins $400.00 USD from main pot

Is he a reg or something?

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would be real tough to get away from.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it makes you feel better marginal I'm playing some 10PLO RUSH atm, we all gotta get a fix sometime!

Lol, If you need any PLO help, the PLO thread is always there for your assistance.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is he a reg or something?

is that too tight? i do think he had decient stats and had him pegged as a probable reg at the time. i figured he had to know my ep range was strong and decided to 3bet anyway. i think it was the bet size that had my thinking fold. i think he needs to make his 3bet here <1/2 the villians stack. that maybe gets me to flat and then gives the villian a chance to shove trapping extras $$$'s in the pot.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$10 BR (at the moment) and a $100 Bonus to unlock by 23-Sept.

Going to do what I can at the $1 SNGs, but will probably redeposit in a week or so. Not sure what the plan of attack is yet for the bonus.

I'm thinking I'll probably 8-12 table $1 6-max Super Turbo SNGs. I have decent results in these and can get a decent number of games in per hour for bonus unlocking purposes.

So, my September goals are:

-Play a lot of $1 Super Turbo SNGs
-Unlock Bonus
-Win

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i do is start at 50buyins for a given level if I win another 50+buyins I'll then take shots at a higher buyin. I'll buyin for the higher buyin until I have only 100 butins for the lower level. eg right now I have $785 in my FT BR and that will allow me 21 buyin of the $11 SNGs and still leave me $553(100 buyins for the $5.50s if I go lose all 21 games). You could definately do something like this but use a smaller number of buyins. I would suggest using 50 but even 30-35 wouldn't be tooo bad a number. Basing it on ROI% isn't a good idea imo as these have larger swings and ROI% aren't very acurrate until you've play 10s of thousands of games and even then it changes.

Yea, but I'm thinking of something that runs as a project, and outside of my regular bankroll. I don't plan on doing SnGs regularly.

ROI is probably a silly goal for this. I'm thinking something like a 10 buyin requirement for the next level, dropping back if I get below, well, 0, I guess, since my existing bankroll is supporting this. If I get to -10 buyins at the $2 I'll go back to trying to learn Badugi. :)

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, but I'm thinking of something that runs as a project, and outside of my regular bankroll. I don't plan on doing SnGs regularly.

ROI is probably a silly goal for this. I'm thinking something like a 10 buyin requirement for the next level, dropping back if I get below, well, 0, I guess, since my existing bankroll is supporting this. If I get to -10 buyins at the $2 I'll go back to trying to learn Badugi. :)

start with 10 buyins then. if you win 10 more buyins then you can start taking shots for a larger buyin with any of the surplus. say you start with $25(10 $2.25 buyins) if you get to $50.50 then you can then take a shot at the $5.50s. this still leaves you with 20 buyins at the $2.25s. this is a little more agressive than waiting till you actually have 10 buyins for the next level. this will get you 1 or maybe 2 extra shots before you have 10 buyins for the $5.50s. imo 10 buyins is still super risky. dropping 10 buyins in stt's is super standard. i'd just make sure if you bust out of the session your playing you will still have 20 buyins at a low stake. idk if your at cardrunners but there is an awesome badugi video there for beginers.

Last edited:
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is that too tight? i do think he had decient stats and had him pegged as a probable reg at the time. i figured he had to know my ep range was strong and decided to 3bet anyway. i think it was the bet size that had my thinking fold. i think he needs to make his 3bet here <1/2 the villians stack. that maybe gets me to flat and then gives the villian a chance to shove trapping extras $$$'s in the pot.

Maybe not too tight. But it's definitely on the low side of tight even with your read. I'm thinking that even with good stats, he's still going to be squeezing with AK here plenty. But you're a better math person than I, so I'll let you figure out if that would be worth a call (which I'm sure you already have done).:D

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Oops, i thought he had 980 total, didnt see he had over 3k in chips. Still it's a close one, but with your reads given if he is reggish, at a few of your tables we can jusitify a fold. Plus we have loads of equity so we should be a little bit cautious.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 BR (at the moment) and a $100 Bonus to unlock by 23-Sept.

Going to do what I can at the $1 SNGs, but will probably redeposit in a week or so. Not sure what the plan of attack is yet for the bonus.

I'm thinking I'll probably 8-12 table $1 6-max Super Turbo SNGs. I have decent results in these and can get a decent number of games in per hour for bonus unlocking purposes.

So, my September goals are:

-Play a lot of $1 Super Turbo SNGs
-Unlock Bonus
-Win

I like the superturbo's in that the rake on them is really low, but how much rake you generate is how you unlock your bonuses, so I would imagine if that's your plan it's going to take a lot to volume to do so.

Either way, best of luck!!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the superturbo's in that the rake on them is really low, but how much rake you generate is how you unlock your bonuses, so I would imagine if that's your plan it's going to take a lot to volume to do so.

Might be ok playing the micros, but there is little chance to move up in stakes unless your a god of Nash.

Oh and is loading games in the middle of a thunderstorm a good idea? I'm about to test my luck :D.. yikes.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yeah, I'm starting to re-evaluate my plan now. My bonus unlocks $10 for ~ 170 FT points gained. So, lets break that down:

For $1 Turbo SNGs.

170 points to unlock/7 points (per $1 in SNGs) = 24 points
24 points/.20 (Rake for $1 Turbo SNGs) = ~122 @ $1 Sngs.
122/8 games per hour (multi) = ~15 hours of play

For $1 Super Turbo SNGs:

240 games/24 games per hour (est.) = 10 hours of play

So, I could unlock my bonus faster with the super turbo SNGs but I'll be putting nearly 2x as many games. I also have to take into consideration that variance is a bitch at the super turbos and my bonus may just be making up for the downswings. If I play the turbo SNGs, variance isn't as bad and I think I have much better results as well-this could mean using my bonus like a bonus instead of just plugging holes in my BR.

I have to remember that this is just a bonus and shouldn't be killing my BR over it, but I want to take full advantage of it as well.

One thing I am going to try is to mass multi-table the shallow 5nl tables. I'll do this for an hour then compare how many FT points I've earned with an 8 tabling the turbos and 24 tabling the super turbos. Then I'll go from there.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, did some testing as far as what games to play and I've decided to stick with the $1 super turbo Heads-up SNGs. I just feel the most comfortable with them and I can get even more volume with the HU games. I'll do what I can with the BR I have now (built it up to $30). Then I'll deposit enough to have 150-200 buy-ins.

I want to get in a ton of volume, at least 300-500 games a day. I need at least 485 games to do unlock $10 of the bonus. Since it's STHU, I'll drop down the tables to 4-6 and just do constant rematches/load a new table. My goal is to try and get get 50 games/hour if I'm lucky.

For Sept, I'd like to get in at least 10K super turbo heads-up games in. If possible. Probably wont happen, so my goal is 5K games.

So, hopefully I run good at these....

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking something like a 10 buyin requirement for the next level, dropping back if I get below, well, 0, I guess, since my existing bankroll is supporting this. If I get to -10 buyins at the $2 I'll go back to trying to learn Badugi. :)

So of course I didn't even realize that PS has no $2 1 table SnGs, so I have to play $3.40s. These don't play much better than how I remember the $1 ones playing when I started out. Apparently I need to shove with two pair from the big blind before people fold.

Ah well, it was intended as a learning experience.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, did some testing as far as what games to play and I've decided to stick with the $1 super turbo Heads-up SNGs. I just feel the most comfortable with them and I can get even more volume with the HU games. I'll do what I can with the BR I have now (built it up to $30). Then I'll deposit enough to have 150-200 buy-ins.

I want to get in a ton of volume, at least 300-500 games a day. I need at least 485 games to do unlock $10 of the bonus. Since it's STHU, I'll drop down the tables to 4-6 and just do constant rematches/load a new table. My goal is to try and get get 50 games/hour if I'm lucky.

For Sept, I'd like to get in at least 10K super turbo heads-up games in. If possible. Probably wont happen, so my goal is 5K games.

So, hopefully I run good at these....

good luck philthy! I was wondering while I was reading your post if you were still gonna 16-table these lol, 4-6 tables sounds great.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Don't be stupid and donk shove into dry boards trying to push off micro-stakes players.
2) Continue good BR management and stick with the $2.25 27-player SnG's around 00:00 GMT. Really soft tables.