Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not sure how taking time away, or 'couple days off' is going to change anything?

If I feel I'm tilting, stop playing.

If I find myself tilting, take a look at it and see why.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats the best way toget out of a bad run in poker cash games and tourneey
i keep getting it with the best hand doesnt matter the acr/global/pokerstars i cant win a damn flip and when i win the flip i getting guted on the turn and the river 8 out of 10 hands over my last 250 hands

Good day!
Distance, my friend, distance will return everything with a good game!
250 hands is too miserable!
Don't be upset and good luck at the tables!

Yakk

Yakk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Running Bad??

What do you mean by "running bad" in 250 hands? First it is a very short sample to draw a conclusion and it is not the same to play that amount of hands in tournaments than in cash-game are two modalities that differ a lot to measure results and also in such a short term.
Running bad in poker is daily bread, it seems to me that you are being very severe with yourself.
You are expecting results in the very short term and that affects your own performance, you fill up with anxiety, and your strategy is affected because you are not taking things calmly.
250 hands in tournaments is a ridiculous amount to establish whether you are good or bad.
It must be borne in mind that in Poker, at least for me, bad luck does not exist and if it exists, as many even the great professionals mention it, it is surpassed by the ability and the long-term vision for obtaining results.
You should concentrate on knowing in depth the fundamentals of Poker, Variance, Pot-odds, Odds-implicit, EV +, equity, fold equity, but understand them in essence, that would be a good start in understanding Poker and will help you a lot in understanding the ups and downs of the game that is where we all fail to understand.
You must understand that these unacceptable situations for everyone is part of the game, you must accept it, leave it behind and move on no matter how difficult it is to digest.
Poker is a very complicated game, it requires a lot of dedication, study and practice.
You must go evaluating yourself from time to time, analyzing a large volume of hands maybe 50,000 thousand hands or 100,000 and then another similar batch of hands, it is a whole process.
Be patient if you are determined to play well what happened to you is nothing, worse moments await you but it is also very true that you will achieve great victories.

Cheers!

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, either I get into the money wherever I play or I lose all tournaments.