• Start date
W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
whats the best way toget out of a bad run in poker cash games and tourneey
i keep getting it with the best hand doesnt matter the acr/global/pokerstars i cant win a damn flip and when i win the flip i getting guted on the turn and the river 8 out of 10 hands over my last 250 hands

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Take a break and run your last 1000 hands through a replayer, make sure you are running bad and not playing bad!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I analyse myself after that, could I do anything different, or it was just an unlucky situation. When I did it, trying to cool myself down, and if its not that easy, making me a little break with some great music or a cig.
Most important, don't stuck in that hand too much, cause you had seen much, and you 'll see more hands. ;)
Oh, and I feel that I'm not a big flip winner either. :p

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone! I also faced such a problem, in online poker there is nothing you can do about it, the best advice they gave me is to take a break for a couple of days, try it. Wish you luck. Best regards, Sergei

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know that you can win without Showdown, right?
Every time your opp don't catch the flip (which you can assume, happens most of the time) you can steal the pot...

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta take a step back and separate the decision making from the result. Sometimes good decisions result in bad outcomes and vice versa. For instance if you got it in all in pre flop with aces against AK and lost, that’s unlucky because you had an 80/20 edge. If you had aces overpair and went to showdown and your opponent hit trips then it’s a bad decision to call.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 on taking a few days off. A bad streak can affect your game making the problem worse.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play correctly, the results come alone.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although I prefer tournaments and almost do not play cash games, I have repeatedly seen from my own experience that a break is the best option for such situations.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i keep getting it with the best hand doesnt matter the acr/global/pokerstars i cant win a damn flip and when i win the flip i getting guted on the turn and the river 8 out of 10 hands over my last 250 hands

First of all 250 hands is a completely meaningless small sample. Even over 25.000 hands there will still be significant variance in both cash games and tournaments. So the main thing is to adopt a long term view on poker and stop worrying about short term results. I know, its easier said than done. But really try to reduce the amount of times, you check the balance in the cashier or open your tracker to study your results.

For instance its probably common for a lot of us to always check our results at the end of each session. But try to force yourself to not do it. Just close your tracker without even looking. And then spend your time and energy to review those hands, where you are unsure, if you made the right decision. Maybe post some in the forum and hear the opinion of others.

Now for this to have a chance to work, its important to be well bankrolled, so that short term variance dont mean huge swings in the bankroll and the potential threat of either having to move down, go broke or make another deposit. So try to play overrolled. Like maybe 100 buyins for cash games and 300 for MTTs. For many people that will calm them down and make them worry less about a few losing sessions.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such cases, analysis is very important to eliminate any errors. And it’s still important to stay mentally balanced so that after the failure of any badbeat or coinflips, it doesn’t push its mark on further play, generating bugs.

Have a nice day and perseverance. :)

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Running Bad

I have experience similar situations and after over 10 years playing on PokerStars I have found that the best solution is Take A Break, in fact one time way back I complained to PokerStars re the continuous bad beats and their reply was the same just lay off for a day or two. Good Luck:):):)

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing pko tourneys the last twodays dealt pock kings and aces and got called by tens and jack and they keep hitting the third ten or jack aor runner runer flush or staright

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is normal and you just need to understand this, no starting hand is 100% sure of victory, not every hand deserves to see your entire stack in the middle of the table. Sometimes the best is to just give up.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
250 hands is not the distance at which any conclusions can be drawn !!! If you feel insecure just take a break from the game !!!

J

jonnycliks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
start playing suited connectors like 89-clubs or QJ-diamonds, yada yada. And never go too crazy of the bat, let em chip to you. Best of luck!

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its turning a little back in my favor at least over last 1000 hands but not as much i was like probably 50/50 right now i know its a game it willturn

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker players figure out a way to win,, cards and luck shouldn’t matter in the big picture! Good playing at the tables!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When running bad I usually take a few days off and recharge. I also look over my game to see whats going on. I am more likely than not to see a reason to what has happened to my game this way. Its not always bad luck.

FYI, losing 8 of 10 flips over 250 hands is not a big deal. Yes its running bad but its such a small sample size that its normal variance. On a day you go deep and say win look over the hands you flipped with and you will see you ran better than 50/50 and may have won 8-10 or even 10 of 10.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually stop for a few days, study, analyze how I can improve the game and try to do other things that I like to divert the attention from the grind. When I play again I can be more focused and less affected by the losses.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
keep playing your best, the results come when you play well.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At a long distance, it is very important to analyze the game and learn from the mistakes you make. Another option for you may be to change the type of poker game. Try to play Omaha, maybe the KO system will be convenient for you. The cash game is very complex, it requires a good understanding of the cash game, a very calm head, reading the opponents ' games and a large pot, so that you are focused only on the game. Big MTTs should be sorted out in parts of your game, when you lose, how to play the initial, middle and final part of the tournament, this is very important.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but I really have just nothing to answer.
*250 hands is too small sample
Make sure you made best postflop decisions every time. May be key is on late streets.

But if we would talk about at least, say, 1K+ ahead hands with right moves to showdown, I never faced running bad yet. Wish you to play and have a luck.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As others said a quite low range of hands. I often will play 15+ tourneys a day - and that amounts to 1000+ hands throughout one days session. One day in particular I lost 27/28 flips when i was ahead when all the chips went in.
I posted here and the guys graciously talked me into a reasoned view, giving me the same helpful advice, look longer term, not short term.

KKs are the worst, right after JJs !

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't base your mind on the results of the hand, but on the way you play. On the long run, you'll be on the plus side. Don't be discouraged. 250 hands is not a good enough sample.