Rebuy tournaments

M

money maker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to rebuy right away and thats it...iff i have less than 5x stack, add on too...

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played some re-buy tournaments,my advice is to register when late registration is almost over,after late registration is over rebuys will ussually be available for 30 min so you must have money for 5-10 rebuys because there are a lot of all in players and very agressive,almost every hand there are 2-3 players all in preflop so if you want to play a hand you must wait till you get some good cards.

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate Rebuy tournaments. because many players play recklessly. go to an all in, knowing that they can make rebuys

Ahim

Ahim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight and try to catch the bingo players :D :cool:

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played some re-buy tournaments,my advice is to register when late registration is almost over,after late registration is over rebuys will ussually be available for 30 min so you must have money for 5-10 rebuys because there are a lot of all in players and very agressive,almost every hand there are 2-3 players all in preflop so if you want to play a hand you must wait till you get some good cards.

That's what I play. only much more hands you play

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, usually I try to minimise my rebuys. Surely, agressive playing is the best strategy for making monster stack, but, heh, for loosing it too. And the best thing happens just after the end of rebuy period. The most aggressive players cannot rebuild their strategy in a moment, so they loose chips quickly. Depending on tournament speed there may be usefull to add-on chips. And some time later after it the real tournament begins.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I prefer playing ordinary tournaments where you just register and that's all . I don't like tournaments with rebuys and addons except if its for very low price , I don't have good memories when I played Saturday splash on pokerstars in the past , well this is a low buy in tour but I think in higher ones are not far better.
In these low buy ins most are crazy , a lot of donkeys , many preflop all ins ,many are playing "software bingo" .You must be very aggressive , play very loose ,be ready to lose and rebuy , the only way to confront the others .
At the begginning you should rebuy to double your stuck so as to have more possibilities to build a big stack , sth i am not good unfortunately .
So nowadays, I only play some tours with fpp and the 1 2steps on 888poker have rebuy not adddon but there not normal tours , where i contest for small price with the donkeys:D .

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the rebuys/addon You can start early taking chances with all ins, and end it with extreme chipleader ALOT. I usually finish on final table. It does hurt my other games playing this way, so I have to be extra careful. But its super fun.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly am a player that doesn't do the re-buy thing. I believe that the skill that it takes to achieve top status in this game is learned through lessons of patience, diligence, and honing your ability to read your opponents. Now even though my comment is focused on "Live Play" . I still feel that the re-buy option is indeed a donkfest for the first few hours. The only good thing about a re-buy tourney is that the rise in the prize pool can be staggering.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok with rebuys its a ? of how many per gtd and still be profitable.I can see where a good player may try to just play tournament.
However if a good player plays tournament with the idea of 1 buy in 2 or 3 re buys he may make moves to double and triple his stack.These moves require some advance play thinking.If I win a four way all my chips in odds of finishing 1rst 2nd or 3rd become more realistic.So planning on rebuying for me s important.Cashed 3 tournament yesterday due to rebuying in early stages (really just to get stacked).This is used as a kind of protection at some points.Now the next ? is are the tournaments with extensive rebut times worth it.I won a tournament with a 5 hour rebuy tournament only to be so tired and exhausted.Leading me to rethink these types of tournaments(health vs $). Great ? by the way!:)

Last edited:
K

Knittle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many say, the buy in needs to be less than .5% of your bankroll to play REBUYS profitably. Rebuying helps counter variance.

Good luck and enjoy the grind! Once you understand how rebuys can help you, you will like them much more!

Mrmercurial1

Mrmercurial1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use rebuy only when needed

if you make a rebuy from the beginning of the tournament, that means that you commit more money from your bankroll to a tournament that you might not even win.

From my point of view, you should keep the rebuy for later, or use the double rebuy button, if you got kicked out of the tournament through a bad beat. ( just to have the same amount of chips as the majority of the players).

I played a tournament on FT, $1.10 with rebuys and 1 addon, and i just used the addon, and claimed the first place.

if you rebuy from the beginning you might get too confident in your skills which can have a negative impact over your play. :)

good luck

DonPatron560

DonPatron560

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to rebuy tournaments

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Veronica Hi, look at me is the bad part that many wealthy players give all in with any playing card and the good part is that the award increases with it ... So beware of all in before the flop and be sure have good game to like to proceed