Rebuy tournaments

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really like this sort of tournament
All types of players play this tournament. Very loose and very tight players. So it's hard to know the oppenent his hand.

S

sharong

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u can survive til the add-on period whether u have many chips are not the add-on is usually double or sometimes even more than the rebuy, so i avoid most of the allin and sometimes register late get the addon and play the tourney, after the addon break there are no more rebuys so tourney tends to play the same as reg tourneys and with all the buyins and rebuys a lot is added to the pot, u wont b chip leader and usually around the middle or low end of stacks but still have enough chips to work with

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much of a fan. The big difference between rebuys and re-enter is that you have to rebuy at that exact time and not later. Re-enter tournaments are more popular imo.

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like rebuys but just one hour maximum. It gives you chance to come back after you lose all chips.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Additional purchasing of chips at the beginning of Rebuy tournaments allows you to play a more aggressive pressing in the opponent's chips,also at this stage of the tournament is a very tough game all in as there is a possibility to enter the game again.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
good tournaments if you have extra money, I watched as the player three times merged all the chips and then buy them back, prepared three tournaments played))

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rebuy are good , u can play your poker as long as u can pay. but usually i [play more tight.

artemykovec

artemykovec

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tournaments with rebuys as well as ordinary tournaments. Everything depends what at you bankroll and whether you are ready to pay many rebuys to remain in a game. Many play very aggressively because aren't afraid to lose. If lose all chips do rebuys. I play quietly, I don't risk because I have no opportunity to do many rebuys.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some tournaments have a limited number of rebuys (1 or 2 + addon). Those will be better because the unlimited rebuy tourneys will take a long time to play as they will have huge amounts of chips in play.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play theses and end up in a rebuy or add on spot, make sure that you are getting value in terms of BB's.

D

demongace1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate playing rebuy tournaments most retarded wthing ever :D

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like a lot rebuy tournaments , because when there is a rebuy period all playing poorly )

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sort of torn when it comes to rebuy tournaments. I actually prefer tournaments that do not have a rebuy/addon component to them, although I play some MTT's that have both. However, when I do, I am very selective. There are some freerolls out there that give you 1000 starting stack but then if you rebuy the rebuy is 3 to 4x the starting stack, which basically says dump your initial stack to get the rebuy chips. The one problem I see with these types of tournaments is that usually the cost to rebuy is too high, especially if you're playing with a small bankroll. Addiitionally, you have to figure out whether the rebuy is worth it. As an example, if you're in a 25.00 Freeroll but you can rebuy chips for a dollar, it may not be worth it in the long run because the dollar you spend to rebuy may be cost ineffective on the back end if the top 3 players receive an amount over the rebuy amount. If you know that your chances of finishing in the top 3 are slim them it doesn't pay to rebuy. There are several of these tournaments out there on various sights that it's really not worth the time and effort to play them in the long run. That's just my opinion.

S2ntos

S2ntos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It allows you to try your hand again

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
The last levels before the rebuy ends its a total bingo tournament.

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think R/A loosens up the general play because if the bluff or hero call loses there is another stack available, something like a cash game. I would not go into it with the intent to rebuy because that is planning to lose, but depending on the situation I may buyin in again. For addons I use them if I am short stacked to maintain fold equity, but with a larger stack the few extra bbs are not much.

Naitras

Naitras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't like tournaments with rebuys. If you out - it mean that not your day to win.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing a rebuy, the idea is to really chip up. I would rebuy out the gate and start with 2x the normal stack.

R

rupa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy gives me a chance to continue to play in the tournament after bad bits

hzrd123

hzrd123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shit tournaments, hate its. go play agressive and god bless u

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As for me it is better to do once the rebuy tournament and did not re-buy and add-on to do if the stack is not more than 2 starting stack and play as Freezeout! And what about the tournament, in rebuy tournaments can be big Streaky, so you need to have a conservative bankroll...:)

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll tell you more, many just go all in with bad cards and then buy more chips if you lose!

G

gatogl888

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One important think: If you have to rebuy, don't do RebuyX2, it's not profitable

R

rusty98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, as the name suggests, I am writing to ask what you think of these types of tournaments.
What strikes me is that there are enough people who just start beginning to buy more chips, What opinais of this strategy? My in principle I do not think the right thing ...

Can anyone advise me about how to play these tournaments with so many buybacks?

Thank you very much!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I play these tournaments normally like other tournaments .I dont play more aggressively like most players do in this format. But you always have a second chance If you have a bad beat or you can call with your intutions some times because you know yo can rebuy even if you lose . So you can play more freely.

R

rupa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is more like bingo tournaments, some players are all in every hand.