PokerSchool Open Skill League

odomazetov

odomazetov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
with any pocket pair can answer all-inn?. in the early stages of the tournament?

I thing all over hands 7's can u go all in in early stages , but in late stage of tournament you should think twice. This is my play stile.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My last five games in the league bad beat ... I only played with good combinations and roars! I had monsters AA and I flew with them was higher flush and also flew with him and was a full house and I took off again! always happens to me at the time the bubbles .... my last game in the league lowered me to 863 seats up to 1800 ... very difficult to play in the league, but I like it! I HOPE YOU NEXT MONTH SHOW GOOD RESULT THERE!

You butcher'd those AA (But with 5bb's no-body in the Open league was folding to any shove from you at all)...

Better luck next time

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing all over hands 7's can u go all in in early stages , but in late stage of tournament you should think twice. This is my play stile.

this tactic work? to any place in the league standings raised in a month? I'm over the top in 1000 did not come up ....

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well with 5bbs you rly don't have much of choice here. better luck next time :D
btw I managed to get up to 480 in premier league so I guess I'll be playing premier next month too! That is a good thing because players there seem to be better.
GL to all of you who play the leagues :)

PS: for the premier league you don't need to play like every tournament. I play one or two a day. You just play your game and have fun. Points will come and go :D:D

I hope, too, ever get in the premier league! this month will play a different strategy! I hope I will succeed!

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somebody know the next pokerschool tournament is for the month of september? or still be august?

September has already started the league tournament - five tournament games every day! good luck!

nax

nax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else play in Premier league? I just finished 15th in one of them... Lost with JhQh to 44. Flop was AhKh8s I had soooo many outs... none came along tho... anyway aiming for first place next time :D

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else play in Premier league? I just finished 15th in one of them... Lost with JhQh to 44. Flop was AhKh8s I had soooo many outs... none came along tho... anyway aiming for first place next time :D

in the Premier League, too heavy to hold in the early stages of the tournament? or is there a more appropriate players?

RajDev1979

RajDev1979

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
to survive in the game in the early stages of the tournament the best hands to play are pocket pairs, and hands like AK. Try to double up with a strong hand like AA-QQ. Try to see a flop a cheaply as possible with a pocket pairs 22 through 99 and double up with a set

Jair83

Jair83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of the five league tournaments taking place every day I try to play at least one ... a month I have collected about 30-40 league tournament Played By ...

Play 30 or 40 tournaments noes Enough I think to achieve the First Place

nax

nax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the Premier League, too heavy to hold in the early stages of the tournament? or is there a more appropriate players?

Premier league has a field of 350-450 players so it is not as donky as open skill where 10k ppl donk themselves at the start.

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing tight is best strategy......not much else can be done without it being risky

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In july I enden 200 and sth in the league. You basically have to play tight, reallytight. The thing is to identify stages. When you make top 25% you start winning points (rest 75% loose points), but not much. The next stage is the bubble which usually bursts at 1440 players. You would earn almost the same points. Now if you make top 1/16 you earn at least 40 points, so the best thing is to make top 1/16 on every tournament. For that you have to play tight. On early stages you just only have to play AA/KK/QQ and maybe JJ, and you have to go all in preflop. The rest is fold

letderbefish

letderbefish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to mention you have to play every single tournament if you want to finish in the top ten in the league :bawling:

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday I had terrible day finished 3500., 8300. and 7200. :D So I dropped from 300th to about 650th position...

First time I had JJ, raised to 3 limpers preflop, got one call, flop was low, so I continued and he shoved.. I had only like 900 chips behind so I call and he hits set of 5...

Second time I had QQ, it was like 4-5th hand. I raised, got only one call from player who played every hand... Flop was 4,10,8 rainbow. He donkbets about pot, again I had around 1200 chips, so I shoved and he called me with K9! Ofcourse K came on turn and I was out :)

Third time I had J10o limped from SB, flop was As, 7h, Qs
I checked, so 2 other players. TURN: Ks. I bet and got called from one player. RIVER: some blank I dont remember. I bet again and he put me allin (around 1000chips. I thought he got flush but I was in "denial mode", it was again in early phase when players shoves with A high or bottom pair :D :D But he got it :D

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday I had terrible day finished 3500., 8300. and 7200. :D So I dropped from 300th to about 650th position...

First time I had JJ, raised to 3 limpers preflop, got one call, flop was low, so I continued and he shoved.. I had only like 900 chips behind so I call and he hits set of 5...

Second time I had QQ, it was like 4-5th hand. I raised, got only one call from player who played every hand... Flop was 4,10,8 rainbow. He donkbets about pot, again I had around 1200 chips, so I shoved and he called me with K9! Ofcourse K came on turn and I was out :)

Third time I had J10o limped from SB, flop was As, 7h, Qs
I checked, so 2 other players. TURN: Ks. I bet and got called from one player. RIVER: some blank I dont remember. I bet again and he put me allin (around 1000chips. I thought he got flush but I was in "denial mode", it was again in early phase when players shoves with A high or bottom pair :D :D But he got it :D

Last month I finished taking off 11 times in a row without going to the prize area! did not play - my AA were like garbage! even a full house of my pocket AA and the flop ATT - moved to a square of T)) barely kept in the top 2000 but good prizes I lost! Now take off even before the prize-winning AA if all-inn went more than two players! I play monsters only if the bank went no more than two playing!

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost 2500 but there were less entrants than usually (like 8000). I had 10 blinds, and most of the players on my table were on the top of the league, so they were rocks, just 2 players were not so good. So i shove all in preflop with AQo, get a call with A7 and he got his 7. Pretty sick, I am on the 200s position, but like this I won't make the best cashes

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost 2500 but there were less entrants than usually (like 8000). I had 10 blinds, and most of the players on my table were on the top of the league, so they were rocks, just 2 players were not so good. So i shove all in preflop with AQo, get a call with A7 and he got his 7. Pretty sick, I am on the 200s position, but like this I won't make the best cashes

http://www.boomplayer.com/ru/poker-hands/Boom/4736081_3BE02A5CC6
and I saved the aggressive player! He took out all my bets and gave me play my pocket pair of JJ .. I just was lucky - the flop AT9. .. turn more of A. .. and river K . I could move a hundred times! )))

A

ak725

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can "see" the player that is raising with 3 5 you will be able to advance more in the ranking.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
http://www.boomplayer.com/ru/poker-hands/Boom/4765066_81B460526C
Here we go again my early departure from the tournament! I did not play my right pocket QQ ?

Your looking only at bad beats, I'm also in these games man, and I too am getting my teeth caved in here also, but I'm still top 100 (after all the teeth kicking I've taking this week), point is don't let these bad beats take over you just strive more for better out comes and keeping making your good plays and you'll be in the top 100 of the LB (If not the over all leader)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'l be playing in the PM league next month (I think you'll be in it), as your in the top 500 of the LB so far, so my question for you is do you have the 150vpps or not yet? If you don't have the 150vpps than what's the point in playing the PM league as you wont be playing for the top of the money LB but only 2nd tier money which isn't the greatest TBh but your choice.

I also am playing in the Open league this month and was as high as top 30 but been taking a beating lately, and dropped to top 100 and after my performance this game am about 150 give or take, but I don't doubt I'll be top 20 by end of the month but am trying/striving for that top place finish this month and wish to enter the PM league as the Open league winner (that's my over all goal)

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well a new month is about to start gl all in the PSO league this month, and those in the PM league, I'll be playing in it and will seriously actually try rather than going for a quick double up, but I mean the problem in the PSO league is that the players are so horrible (it's not funny), they don't care at all and yet put some horrific bad beats on players (Me), most of the time..

i will try and play this month, too. but i feel your pain .... i try to play TAG, but i guess im not patient enough and sometimes i let them get me. plus yea, i still have hard time folding AA/KK/QQ/AK. one would thought it gets easier especially that in the last few days i lost with AA every single time :(