Pocket JJ, QQ, KK advice with A on Turn

Nevkryty

Nevkryty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was necessary to raise to 4BB and see the reaction of opponents!

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could be a little less pre flop and still have the same result. If they are calling 3k they are calling 2.2k. And for sure you have to c-bet on the flop.

What I think you're missing is you need to know how this kind of calling station will act if she does have a weak A and hits it on the turn. Will she bet it if you check to her? Will she check the weak A? Will she raise if you bet? If you think she'll check it then you should check and keep the pot small. If she'll only call then make a small blocking bet and again, keep the pot smaller.

I hate inflating pots against calling stations because they so often can suck out. If you can get a free or cheap card, that's great, especially if she'll check it down twice here.

Don't try to represent an A here. It's the worst spot to do it. If she has nothing you're beating her anyways so why make her fold? If she has an A, she's never laying it down so you're just chip dumping. Betting like you have AQ only looses you money.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot-control. Check the turn and the river, especially when you don't have a read on the opponent. Unless you hit set and if you do, make the opponent pay. ;)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You raise 3k preflop and bet out 3k again on the flop. Expect the calling station

not to go away with that bet (on the flop). Have to bet more.

L

Lekoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely conti bet on the flopmi guess 2/3 pot. If she calls than go check/fold on the later streets.

Or you can bet minraise and expect to lead the hand to showdown with few chips.