makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Purposeful and useful tips for the big stack mtts. I think that no 1 tip, "preserve our stack and stay smart" is really the best tip and it is one of the best tips in poker games!

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great video. I still need to learn the lesson of being more aggressive on any bubble situation. I have to stop thinking that my opponent hit and may be trapping me with calls til the river.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frankly nothing new to discover, only the last point of direct intriguing, if it was not reasonable that the time to start being reasonable)

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think this are some good advices but also agree with some of the comment before me ... also not some strategy new to discover is general you'll find this in any strategy article school I tend to be mor on the part of preserving my stack when I'm early deep and start to steal blind when they worth the shot now open my range if is still early stages where I could get into problems easy lose lots of chip ... I try to keep agressive with the weaks and careful with the crazys hehe GL on tables!

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the vast majority have the opposite thinking about playing deep stack.

Most people play more hands where we should be safer about our choices.
As the depth of the stacks decreases, we can increase our range.
Some techniques are well used but I don't believe there is a cake recipe ...

but if you have, I would like to eat it! hehehehhe

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite type of poker,,, i'm already aggressive,so i dial it down abit because i know i can wait for premium hands without being blinded out,,, :)

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with adivices but need to be a litte bit more selective about hands your playing. Playing every hand just because you have a big stack usually will lead to losing your chips to another person with big stack.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked the video, as big stack if you make a bigger than normal raise pre flop it's likely you'll get a bunch of folds because players don't want to tangle with you. However, I do agree that the advice seems a little contradictory - raise bigger amounts, bluff multiple streets, but preserve your big stack. Huh? :) But to be fair, I think that's the line we have to walk in poker, using controlled aggression in the right spots and against the right players. Cross the line and use too much aggression and you are liable to trip over. Against a calling station you are not going to use the multi street bluff. whether you have a big stack or not:)

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to keep my game strategy independent of the value of the tournament, usually in the most expensive tournaments people play with a tighter range this helps to add chips in the first levels, instead in the low entry tournaments at the beginning bad players play more light, passing this stage the tournament adjusts

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good tips.
But particularly I'm not a fan of this format, I'm naturally anxious and it totally undermines my game.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the video... but it seems that what seems contradictory is probably his way of saying, “pick your moments to go in, and play aggressively when you do, but know when to fold too”.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play my game!If the stack is larger, the opening range is larger!But I don't try to play loose even with a big stack!

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with big stacks opens up your range, but knowing when to get out Fold is equally important. i personally like big stack games, Allows more aggressive play and when holding the nuts allows you to increase big too,

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the video! Here are represented conventional wisdoms for every MTT players. This information isn`t new for me, but sometimes (for example when I`m playing a lot of tables) I loose my focus and play not enough hands with big stack.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Hmmm, great tips, but, you always have to play smart and carefully whatever how many chips you have... :)

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think he makes valid points within the video i do disagree with the bubble aggression... its just my personal opinion as i find its a losing strategy to play... its a valid point doing it when your big stacked as people play alot tighter when at the bubble but anything less than big stacked playing this way is a losing strategy also i find that being big stacked early on in the tournament leaves you open to being bombarded by alot of aggressive players so i find being tight in early stages is a must... if anything at the very least to maintain your stack :)

just a few of my thoughts

robert

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Very good tips, it is played different when you already have a large stack; The big fish eats the boy

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I love this type of tournaments, but sometimes we get carried away by the impulses for the great stack that we can have, and as I always say you have to be lazy in playing these tournaments since they are hours of game hours and your best friend is patience and the good letters

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like playing with a big stack lately. The smaller my stack, the more I enjoy the game :)

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a tricky spot for most players, this video does a good job in keeping it simple yet lists critical tips when going deep deep stacked! I, for one, love them as opposed to the bingo Hyper turbos! ;)

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I did not like the video.

First off points 3-5 say one thing and then point 1 which I assume is the most important contradicts all of those points.

Point 2 should not be put in a video like this as it should be assumed no matter your stack whether big or small you always know effective stack. It is a general rule of poker not just applicable to when you have a big stack

Video would have been better served if it showed two different ways to play a big stack. You can play conservative and normal (point 1) or you can play loose aggro and try and force issue (points 3-5).

Neither way is wrong to play a big stack, both comes with great benefit if you execute the strategy properly both ways do have risks playing loose aggro has more risks but you can reap more rewards.

As with most things in Poker which of the two strategy I use when I have a big stack it depends. It would depend on my opponents and the tournament in particular the blinds speed and the payout structure.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A couple of things.

Firstly, I love the format of this strategy article. Having a video (albeit mainly audio) on the subject matter was a very nice change to reading an article. I think this is a good way of getting the strategy point across.

Secondly, there are some interesting tips in the video, all of which have some level of validity, however more interesting was the variation of opinions in the comments that follow the article, from cardschat members. It just goes to show how full of variation poker is and that having an understanding of the wide difference of approaches and when and how to apply them at the right time is key to being successful.

Well done CC

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Whether these tips are good or not depends on the situation. How you play your hands and how you use your big stack depend on your opponents. How to find a balance between playing more hands and raising bigger on the one hand, and preserving your big stack on the other? You have to choose your spots well. You also need variance on your side. Sometimes when you start raising bigger and playing more hands without thinking, your big stack can become short stack pretty easily.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good tips, sometimes when you play a tournament, you ask yourself some questions, and get no answers.

But her is somebody, who actually has sat down and thorough into the game. I just love it.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I consider that the most of controversy in the posts above are caused because the Collin's video is covering Deep Stack MTT's, and not Big Stack way of play :)

If tried to stick onto the main point of the video, than you will find the extracts :top: