Players who wait till the last moment to bet

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often think they are strong and they are delaying to wind me up. But its likely all in my head :)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that online players want to speed up hand play and when it’s slowed down it begins to tilt them. Not all but some. Especially players who are already tilting. The want to recoup their loses puts more pressure on them causing bad play.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its pretty much a strategy to unnerve the other player....
6/10 times its a bluff...

other times its a value bet or a donk bet

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually make fast decisions pre-flop and play pretty quick on the post, but I belive that taking your time even on the simple decision is pretty good for your game. Thus, you'll make less mistakes because you actually thinked about it instead of just playing your default auto game. It's not annoying for me but some people really hates it. I even got accused for slowplaying once, lol. If someone doesn't like the way you play, just mute that person and keep playing it.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait to bet if i have the complete nuts, sometimes bet with check-raise.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am particularly annoyed by a player who is just waiting for fun until the last minute. I'm not talking about slowing down the game because of the bubble because I do it too. But just playing it like that first hand can only be for annoyance.

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you annoy your opponent don't stop, if your opponent annoys you stop.

Since we can't see our opponents they may give away tells with how long it takes them to bet. A bluff is usually quick, not much to think about. Having the nuts is very difficult to find the right amount to bet. Timing your bets exactly the same every time is a good way not to give away any tells.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts

It is a good strategy for sure. But you need to be aware of players who understand your game dynamics so as not to tilt when caught!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It annoys me that players who do this constantly at almost every hand ... wait for 45 s to fold ... a waste of time for all players ... knows from the beginning that it will fold that it has no good hand but keep waiting, maybe that is his strategy to annoy the others at the table but rather it is a lack of respect

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is an intellectual process. We need to think before you do something. Do not rush. Or maybe the dude who is constantly waiting for the last moment, embracing the girl. Then it's worth it.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really believe that some do it for their bad internet connection, it has already happened to me, others do it by habit, but there is a small group of players that do it by strategy, when playing like this, you keep the calm a little more, you have a little more time to think whether you bet or not and how much you are going to bet and apart from that you notice that players have their play done, they are more desperate and you know that if you take them out of their concentration they are easier to defeat at the table. This is a good strategy to get to know the kind of players in your table.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts

I can see right at the end if it's between you and another guy at the other table and there aren't pausing the hands, that's how won my party poker millions day 1, it was literally down to the second, I had not used any of my time so I used it all in the second to last hand, and don't regret it.

Although are you saying, each and everyhand?

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that one of the best strategies for apostra is to have the best possible position and the perfect cards would otherwise be done by farol lol

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know. sometimes i do that because i think i will not have a pattern. that way you it doesnt matter if you have a good or bad hand you always act the same

B

BrazilBrazil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many do this to survive longer in the game, while time for those who play fast fall first, I don't particularly think this is a good strategy.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It s ok taking time on money bubbles, or they may just be thinking to much.