Players who wait till the last moment to bet

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with many on account of the fact that it razdrozhaet, but players who do it can be understood. They are with small stacks struggle to survive and get to the money

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts
not annoying at all....and is better to bet fast....not really fast like in 1 second...:)).....because ur opponent will have a hard time quessing what u have

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...depends on table,players,situation,stage of tourney..doesnt bother me...lol thanks darrell

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Seems like you are one tabling so every second counts , just kidding. :D
Since every player can spend his time / time bank however he wants there is nothing you can do.

I face the above situation near the bubble, sometimes it's annoying but what to do, right? Maybe one day you will do it as well :p

I don't stall , but whenever I have a marginal spot I always take my time :)

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just another part of the game. I wouldn't do it every time on purpose, but waiting a few seconds after you have made a decision is good practice. You don't want to have timing tells.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not quite. Any games that are featured in freeroll ticket giveaways are also susceptible.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts
I totally agree with you; i saw many times players doing this and is indeed very annoying; because of them a tournament takes so many hours; ussually the tilt players do that:rolleyes:.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So you're pretending to think a lot?

N

naunihal03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surely annoying waiting for some1 to play

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think, it is important to take your time for decisions. The most people are not doing so, me also sometimes included. But yeah, of course it is annoying when someone does this from the early start of a tourney with every hand. But otherwise there are so many reasons why people let run out their time bank.
- Bubble time in tourneys
- Hard decisions at all
- Bad internet connections
- Distractions by other games or something else
- The moments when blinds are increasing, to have some advantage
- Waiting for the next payout level
- To bring others in tilt even maybe

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

First, I don't like to make snap decisions. It's always worth taking a few seconds to think about your decision. By the time I look at the raise, my chip stack, his chipstack, chipstacks behind me, hey didn't this guy raise the last 3 hands in a row? What hand did he raise with last time? Replay....this all eats up 12 seconds. Not to mention multi-tabling.

BUT the biggest reason to use your entire clock is so that you are consistent each time. No snap calls w KK - the time it takes to act can be a tell - so running out the clock each time eliminates that tell.

And, I've said this before.....every player has the RIGHT to use their entire time clock on every street on every hand - should they want to.

Yes, it slows down the game and reduces the number of hands seen per hour. But as the clock is ticking down you will never know for sure if the player is about to call, fold or raise.

And if I was at your table and I knew it annoyed you I would use my entire clock all the time to try to tilt you.

Good luck !

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I think you should be allowed enough time to make your decision comfortably. That being said ... Always waiting until the last second is unnecessary. It's also pretty rude to the other players. I would say use what you need, but I don't think it's a good strategy to abuse it. Take care :cool:

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sometimes it is to think the bet through, antagonizing others can throw them off their game. It can also send a message that you have something.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my mind gets so scattered playing that sometimes Im running all these numbers thru my head and what am I trying to accomplish that I run out of time sometime and end of making screwed up bets that only accomplish me losing more chips

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose wisely... If its there, people will use it.

Very thorough thoughts here about clock & timebank usage. If you have sensitive preferences, some places have longer than others. I often play on Bovada.lv where the clock is 30 seconds and the timebank is 90. Sometimes, I enjoy watching people fall off the list as I run my clock out before I make the money or too make sure I stay on top while the blinds go up. Other times, I can't stand waiting and I have to stop playing there for a day or two.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand taking time on money bubbles, that’s just how it is but tanking just to tank is terrible for the game

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kinda give more respect to the ones who take a sec or 2. Snap calling and snap folding are little online clues too.

Pokericon08

Pokericon08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time n Place

There is a time to run clock, but too many foolish players seem to waste valuable minutes while the blinds are still cheap and you have wiggle room. I can't stand people who play slow always, annoying; ACR allows too much time to be inactive.:flute:

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May be players whose wait till the last moment to bet is playing 3-10 tables at this moment. May be they are think about your hand, is it good to call or not.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 6 months, so sometimes, in order to make the right decisions, I need to think. I do not intentionally, but mostly I need time to make a decision. I do not see anything bad in it, especially if I do not actually violate the rules.

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because they are approaching the bubble, or they may just be thinking

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
i not know
i believe people pay to enter & can play how they like, no how others think they should, the delay is like seconds is it that huge of a deal?
maybe we need lighten up be tolerant?
and if you go all-in thats ok also is your monies
if they call you names just remember 95% of them are poker losers so no let it bug you?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think stalling is a big problem in online poker. Rooms should reduce timebanks so people like OP can't do this every hand. I understand when its near the bubble of an mtt but doing this EVERY decision is pure time waste and also bad for keep new players in the game.