Players who wait till the last moment to bet

T

TheBigOneQQ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts

I also see this a lot in high holler tables.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to think the same time every hand, I dont do that just when I fold pre-flop.
I think that make the other players dont know if you have a good hand or bluff.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many nuances, cash game or tournament? fast poker or turbo tournament? what stage of the tournament? maybe just a bubble or an increase in prize money. The player does not violate the rules of the game. It all depends on your moral and psychological preparation. maybe the player plays many tables or the tournament doesn’t On bankroll. I am furious when this happens on fast tables. but I think some people do it on purpose, provoke a mistake or drive them into tilt

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody hates that. Yes on the bubble is normal to have such play but every hand, common.
I think pokerstars added some rules or warnings against stalling because I received a warning years ago for stalling in their league freerolls but do not know if this is applied to other games, maybe not.
Lat week I had such player on our table and I remember that I was very frustrated.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait to bet if i have the complete nuts, they are with small stacks struggle to survive and get to the money.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I have to admit that I ´ve done it when playing a tournament and the bubble is close.But in other situations I don´t take long to play..

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
does not bother me !! everyone chooses the time to be allowed in the game and respect !!

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It is very annoying that they play like this but if they have pocket aces it has happened a couple of times and it seems to me of the last
Lol, once I had pocket AA in a tournament, but instead of snap-calling for all my chips pre-flop, I waited for my entire time bank to run out before committing. Then the other guy accused me of slow rolling... Like if the pocket aces are guaranteed to win... I regret snap-calling in a similar situation before, when my Aces ended up beaten by a set of Kings, which resulted in my elimination a few seconds away from the next prize level, despite having a full time bank. This situation wasn't much different. The next level was really close, so it made sense to stall right there. I wouldn't do it otherwise. It's not like I won't be wasting my own time too.

I totally agree with you; i saw many times players doing this and is indeed very annoying; because of them a tournament takes so many hours; ussually the tilt players do that:rolleyes:.
Even during waiting, the tournament clock is ticking. The Blinds are increasing. How long the tournament will last is mostly decided by the blinds structure and the number of participants.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say! i mean you can do it, but it is really unnecessary and annoying !

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we are talking for online, you don't even know what else they are doing while playing poker. So it might just be random.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it annoying to you when players always wait till the last second to bet? Well I found success in waiting to bet or even check till the last second. I belive there to be a stratagy in always betting like that. What are your thoughts
Whether such players irritate me or not. I myself often take such actions and in most cases successfully.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It drives me crazy when people wait for the last second to bet. It is probably something in the players strategy some of the time. But most of the time I think they are playing too many tables or too drunk or some other crazy thing. I wish the time allowed was reduced.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I think, it is important to take your time for decisions. The most people are not doing so, me also sometimes included. But yeah, of course it is annoying when someone does this from the early start of a tourney with every hand. But otherwise there are so many reasons why people let run out their time bank.
- Bubble time in tourneys
- Hard decisions at all
- Bad internet connections
- Distractions by other games or something else
- The moments when blinds are increasing, to have some advantage
- Waiting for the next payout level
- To bring others in tilt even maybe

Hello
You have nailed it.
All possibilities have been mentioned here.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In poker online wasting time dont make you get some information of your opponent, is just annoying....

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely Annoying

I would like to emphasize that I am only talking about players that wait til the last second to bet 'every' hand. They act like Donald Trump: try to get you off guard by getting under your skin.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often reason is multitables, i don't see any benefits for tanking just for fun.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends from the difficulty of the game, or the dificulty of a specific point of the game. Generally this is not a problem because I think that the majority of the players understands!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the ALL! I think this not good or not bad, if not forbidden the rules... This is reality.
Every player may so to do or not to do... I don't see in this anything problem, since,
by my opinion, the Poker is a Game for patient people. Therefore, I can only to advise
in this occasions: more to work above your patience the everyone, and yourself, of course!:rolleyes::cool:

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In my opinion, the time bank is a good thing for several reasons. If I play many tables I am not always able to react fast on every table and also it is good for difficult decisions. And sometimes it is just also good to go to bathroom, I would say. :D

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The obvious reason to wait is to try to limit the number of hands you have to play to avoid paying blinds and antes in order to make the money but certainly other reasons.

One is to be consistent in the amount of time you take to avoid giving off a tell by how long you are taking to make a decision.

Another is if you know it bothers another player to have to wait. There are some opponents that I know hate when people delay. They will try to play faster thinking others will. I will deliberately play slow against them so that they are thinking more about having to wait then they are with what is actually happening in the hand.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To enter prizes is the only reason they can wait until the end if they are the bubble, otherwise it is the only explanation if they do it repetitive, annoying if they do it in each hand but someone like that has not touched me in any poker room

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Its fine to take your time, but not every decision is that difficult. At a point it turns into roping. And that is a waste of everyone's time.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That is something I used to always do, not just when trying to survive past the bubble with a short stack, but for every single action, every single street, even when I had the nuts on the river or had rags under the gun pre-flop. I did it to make sure that I wasn't giving away any "timing tells" to the more-observant players at the table: For example, if I didn't take the maximum time on every action, maybe instead I would fall into the habit of raising suited connectors like AhKh or KdJd super-quickly pre-flop because I'm hoping to scare players into folding, whereas if I got dealt AA or KK maybe I would take much longer to put my raise in, because I'm hoping one or two players will call and maximise my value. Over enough hands, good players could spot timing variations like that and start to work out the pattern. Also, it IS annoying to other players on the table, which could be a good thing because maybe they'll tilt away their chips! But nowadays I have more faith in my play, so I want to see more hands per hour. So instead of waiting until my timer has completely run out on every single action, I wait until until the timer bar has emptied half-way on every single action! That way I'm not slowing the game as much, but I'm still not giving away any timing tells.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it's annoying when people do that, but it's not against the rules. It's just bad poker etiquette. But, you can always just leave the table if it's a cash game. If it's a tournament, then you will just have to deal with it.

O

onelovebeach

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that´s the best strategy to get the most value of your Hand hitting something like 4oaks on the flop. Get them to the river and make disapear their Chips.