J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are we really that easy tho? :D

I know several players who are playing way differently in league games and in freerolls.
That's why I am keeping track of both and in my note there is a * near a line, suggesting it is from league games.

I never play the league so i will not know that.You are one of the good players on the tournament.I wish that some day you and i start on the same table, i would like to see how you make your stacks so big in so short term.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you guys,

this thread i created have prompted some good debate..

I mix up my play to prevent a pattern - i also devote several hours a week watching players as well as CC players in their games to see how they play..
If i was pushed, i would be 85-90% confident i could name the top 20 strongest players irrespective of the league performances.
In real life and live poker - i am very strong so developing that to the online game is a bigger fish to fry, more variance so much to learn (but i love learning).

AR AR AR AR AR

It sounds as if you are really putting time effort into online poker, within the CC community, and I have no doubt it is paying off.
I consider myself to be a very good live player too, and have certain results to back that up. However I don't invest enough into online poker. It would be great if you could start a new thread about the differences, and what aspects of the game you changed to adapt to online game play. (just a suggestion)

I never play the league so i will not know that.You are one of the good players on the tournament.I wish that some day you and i start on the same table, i would like to see how you make your stacks so big in so short term.

Hey, thanks for the words, it is much appreciated! Hope to see you at the tables as well :)

I do need to point out that league games are more competitive, and players tend to change their style as oppose to what they are generally doing in freerolls, myself included. In that regard, I advise trying to play for one season, and see whether it feels good or not. At least it will be a lot of fun, if nothing else.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The notes really help to identify the tendencies of the other players, to know the open raise, 3 bet, with which cards go allin, and from what position.
I manage a lot identifying the players with a certain color and then to be more accurate I add some abbreviation that indicates a special situation that surprised me. Do not take note of my game, I change my style constantly. :D

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also look at other players, :eek: you could name isildur1, sasuke234, bencb789,
DC tournaments I've seen some very good players.
:captain:
Thank you guys,

this thread i created have prompted some good debate..

I mix up my play to prevent a pattern - i also devote several hours a week watching players as well as CC players in their games to see how they play..
If i was pushed, i would be 85-90% confident i could name the top 20 strongest players irrespective of the league performances.
In real life and live poker - i am very strong so developing that to the online game is a bigger fish to fry, more variance so much to learn (but i love learning).

AR AR AR AR AR

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gardin is right, do not take note of his game, because it is difficult to understand women in poker and in real life too. :D
The notes really help to identify the tendencies of the other players, to know the open raise, 3 bet, with which cards go allin, and from what position.
I manage a lot identifying the players with a certain color and then to be more accurate I add some abbreviation that indicates a special situation that surprised me. Do not take note of my game, I change my style constantly. :D

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching CC Players

Its a source of amusement to some but to me - its an essential way of knowing someones game.
I have for the past season or so - watched a lot of poker on CC - more than i ever done so on you tube, twitch, PS school online and various other sites that claim to be good for your coaching.
Watching players play live, real money as well as CC league and freeroll is very valuable, i focused on about three very good CC players last season and then tested my notes by watching them play other tourneys...im about 75% accuracy, having notes on players also factors questions in for the way i play as well as adjusting how i attack.
I watch around 12 hours of poker online a week when i am not playing, i often multi table and pick spots and then guess the players next move or amount of raise - its very useful.

As a consequence to this - i have mixed up my game, its very hard to get a read on me, this i know and i welcome players to try - that said - players adapt and change as i have and by watching and making notes - you evolve.

AR AR AR AR

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Its a source of amusement to some but to me - its an essential way of knowing someones game.
I have for the past season or so - watched a lot of poker on CC - more than i ever done so on you tube, twitch, PS school online and various other sites that claim to be good for your coaching.
Watching players play live, real money as well as CC league and freeroll is very valuable, i focused on about three very good CC players last season and then tested my notes by watching them play other tourneys...im about 75% accuracy, having notes on players also factors questions in for the way i play as well as adjusting how i attack.
I watch around 12 hours of poker online a week when i am not playing, i often multi table and pick spots and then guess the players next move or amount of raise - its very useful.

As a consequence to this - i have mixed up my game, its very hard to get a read on me, this i know and i welcome players to try - that said - players adapt and change as i have and by watching and making notes - you evolve.

AR AR AR AR

What about Twitch?Do you have anyone favorite but not so viral?

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The touch and feel player and the maths player

What about Twitch?Do you have anyone favorite but not so viral?

Twitch is interesting - i categorically pick Lex Veldhuis as the no 1 player on Twitch, he talks a lot of sense and is superb at picking spots and identifying weak players, I am not a fan of itchy and scratchy ( fintan and spraggy) - Kevin Martin is good and also talks and plays a good game.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Twitch is interesting - i categorically pick Lex Veldhuis as the no 1 player on Twitch, he talks a lot of sense and is superb at picking spots and identifying weak players, I am not a fan of itchy and scratchy ( fintan and spraggy) - Kevin Martin is good and also talks and plays a good game.

Yeap for a mainstream one Lex is the true beast out there. Check out tonkaaaap because he always tells his thought process before any move. I think we are both seeking for this analysis. I don't know though if you like him as a streamer. Also have watched Protential 2 times and he is excellent!It's like a coaching session :)

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will do

Yeap for a mainstream one Lex is the true beast out there. Check out tonkaaaap because he always tells his thought process before any move. I think we are both seeking for this analysis. I don't know though if you like him as a streamer. Also have watched Protential 2 times and he is excellent!It's like a coaching session :)

Yes - will look into Protential and Tonka - thank you

I will also check out Jeff Gross

Thought processes are more valuable for me if the pro or player shows an inside knowledge of what the other player may have or is trying to do - that for me is the critical way to learn and develop

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take notes on every player I play with. On the other hand, I wonder I wonder id sharkscope is in with ACR..LOL I subscribe to sharkscope, so it cost me to keep their stats. when ACR wipes my notes, I have to search them again. I do keep notes from my HUD too, but they too disappear sometimes.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUDS

I take notes on every player I play with. On the other hand, I wonder I wonder id Sharkscope is in with ACR..LOL I subscribe to sharkscope, so it cost me to keep their stats. when ACR wipes my notes, I have to search them again. I do keep notes from my HUD too, but they too disappear sometimes.

Im a fan of PT4 (poker tracker 4) - however Huds are ok to an extent - when you play enough and come up against the same players, notes come into their own...at least thats my find.

I probably have around 900 notes on players now...ive seen most plays to date but every now and again, you get a special one lol

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im a fan of PT4 (poker tracker 4) - however Huds are ok to an extent - when you play enough and come up against the same players, notes come into their own...at least thats my find.

I probably have around 900 notes on players now...ive seen most plays to date but every now and again, you get a special one lol

so when ACR does one of their special updates, you do nt find any notes missing? This happens quite alot over the last 3 years. for me at least.
most of my notes are just from observation:icon_cat:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take notes on every player I play with. On the other hand, I wonder I wonder id Sharkscope is in with ACR..LOL I subscribe to sharkscope, so it cost me to keep their stats. when ACR wipes my notes, I have to search them again. I do keep notes from my HUD too, but they too disappear sometimes.

so when ACR does one of their special updates, you do nt find any notes missing? This happens quite alot over the last 3 years. for me at least.
most of my notes are just from observation:icon_cat:

Hi Dbchristy - i dont play at ACR.

I am however going to take a look at that site - later this year as i need to find myself an american poker mistress to learn from lol

AR AR AR AR AR

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Dbchristy - i dont play at ACR.

I am however going to take a look at that site - later this year as i need to find myself an american poker mistress to learn from lol

AR AR AR AR AR

mistress hehe. :ciao::hahaha: