pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi All,

i have included this thread in strategy as i have been faced with a similar situations 4 times in past 7 days whilst playing league, freeroll and party poker freerolls.
I have so far, 68 notes on CC players, its proving really beneficial as i am now at a stage where i am predicting what bet size or move a particular player will normally do - given a set situation.
It worked well for me last week as i was able to put the knowledge i had made from notes to good effect, it helped me win the CC freeroll league last Friday and also to cash regularly in the past few weeks.
Since i have joined CC, my profitability has increased 108% so i am doing something right - some nights, i even sit out playing just to follow a certain player and i have got reads on certain players now - it might be you!
I have 3 CC players at present who are of interest to me so i will be watching with interest this week as i look to gather more information.

AR AR AR AR AR

I wish you well when you walk my plank :)

pirateglenn

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have notes for many CC players on pokerstars / 888 / ACR and the vast majority of them are labeled.It's very helpful without doubt.If I am not mistaken I have a note also for you :)

Those notes help me a lot because you play with the same opponents over and over again. Whenever I spot something out of line I note it.To be honest is extra helpful, the notes my HUD keeps , I am a PT4 user. I don't rely so much on the HUD for but believe me sometimes is gold to know your opponents tendencies.

I am also a lurker , I follow the final tables on Pokerstars because they run almost in daily basis(FRC) and I also note the final table players :)

So since you have ''tangible'' proof that that tactic works for you you must keep it up.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, notes are a huge part of online gaming, especially for those who do not have a software to keep track of things. I would add that you shouldn't always trust notes, I was surprised a few times when someone did something out of the ordinary. Don't get too comfortable, there are many of us who like to change our game a lot and not playing strictly and linearly.

Best of luck out there pirate!

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on my smartphone, and I can not make notes, if I could play on my computer I would make notes of all players, this serves as a good tool.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
for most they are the same & fall under one of these titles >>
"sooooo bad"
"wow! can they really be THAT bad?"
"non-thinking drooler"
"Level 1 thinker (if they're thinking at all)"
"over-aggro clueless button masher"
"flush master (anything soooooted)"
"wants to see the flop! (this player will call any 3 or 4bet while out of position once they've put ANYTHING into the pot).
"thinks they are good but are clearly far from good (at least they appear to be 'thinking')"

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah good luck with that!

Hi All,

i have included this thread in strategy as i have been faced with a similar situations 4 times in past 7 days whilst playing league, freeroll and party poker freerolls.
I have so far, 68 notes on CC players, its proving really beneficial as i am now at a stage where i am predicting what bet size or move a particular player will normally do - given a set situation.
It worked well for me last week as i was able to put the knowledge i had made from notes to good effect, it helped me win the CC freeroll league last Friday and also to cash regularly in the past few weeks.
Since i have joined CC, my profitability has increased 108% so i am doing something right - some nights, i even sit out playing just to follow a certain player and i have got reads on certain players now - it might be you!
I have 3 CC players at present who are of interest to me so i will be watching with interest this week as i look to gather more information.

AR AR AR AR AR

pirateglenn

See you on the felt! 😉

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I also have notes of several players here, little by little it is learned from them in each game, that helps me improve a little

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi All,

AR AR AR AR AR

pirateglenn

Pirateglenn sorry no offence intended but post gave me a giggle notes about as useful
as 10 day old box of chicken wings when you get into an all in showdown with KK V 88
like tonights game and turn and river 88 and opponents have mix it up to the max fancy play syndrome good luck.:hahaha:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No offence taken. Glad it amused ya. Can't beat the luck of the draw.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
for most they are the same & fall under one of these titles >>
"sooooo bad"
"wow! can they really be THAT bad?"
"non-thinking drooler"
"Level 1 thinker (if they're thinking at all)"
"over-aggro clueless button masher"
"wants to see the flop! (this player will call any 3 or 4bet while out of position once they've put ANYTHING into the pot).
"thinks they are good but are clearly far from good (at least they appear to be 'thinking')"
i hope this is your freerolls notes only ^^

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No offence taken. Glad it amused ya. Can't beat the luck of the draw.
just joking having a rough gauge is crucial:top::laugh:
Taking-Fake-Book-Covers-on-the-Subway.png

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi All,

AR AR AR AR AR

pirateglenn
Fee Fi Fo Fum
I smell the blood of PirateGlen
Be he alive or be he dead
I'll grind his stack to buy my bread

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,

AR AR AR AR AR

pirateglenn

prepare to take notes on me.....but i only can play 2 cardschat freerools...because u have to wait 30 days....to be on the others......that is stupid.....but i think they did that soo not many players play......i m going to do it.....JUST TO SEE THE LVL OFF THE PLAYERS....its not manny off them

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also use notes, especially I pay attention to situations in which players go to All-In - with which cards and how many blinds in its stack. And also note unusual situations - how often the player bluffs, raises С-bet, and so on.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I am not labelling persons I found at my tables. Because I play tournaments with a lot players. I never had the feeling I see players more than once. But now I am at the freeroll club this might be a good idea to do. Especially now I read how useful it is for you. Thank you

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to me do not put me notes I am very variant hehehehe I hope you help my information for the future luck friend.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post all your Notes, and I can tell you if you got them right or not.

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are all your notes written in Jackspeak? So none of us landlubbers could understand.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Predictability is a poker players greatest enemy as well as impatience, its great that my post has attracted attention and for some of you - humour.
Be under no illusion - i pick up on all information either shared or mucked and it has been a massive benefit, for the top 25% of players on CC, i have around 80% notes and often watch players games when i am not playing to test my theories or see how players mix it up..
If i am not at a table with you - there is a good chance that i am watching and that helps me develop ideas of play and also confirm in some cases betting patterns and hand ranges.
We have some excellent players here at CC and i have a few persons of interest at present :)

AR AR AR AR

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously taking notes and labelling players is really helpfull when we play against the same players again and again but still they should keep playing the same so it will be profiteable and we can exploit them according to what we have learnt or knew about them, however,sometimes notes could lead us to make some wrong decisions as players mindsets could change from day to day also players on the Freerolls are improving an getting tougher day after day.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree that notes are very important , if any player played strange line, or when your decision in the situation will be different

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely take notes on the FRC games, but on the League games, it can be the difference between win and loosing early.

I have a few notes I think the vilain has on me, took from comments or mistakes I've done against that villain.. And guess what, they play against me exactly as I think they have the image of me hehe.. still lots to improve but this is also showing a good strategy that allows me to vary my game.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes on players are important, as you say you, at certain times help you to read the hands of the villain.
I can take notes whenever players, but sometimes I'm playing several tables and do not have time.:D

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, and now it comes the real question. How many of you do you change your strategy so you wont become predictable?

I really think that none of you changes their strategy! A very few are working on their image tbh. I dont even take notes, I dont play at the league and I only play on pokerstars freerolls but I really feel I know what most CC players would do 7 out of 10 times.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: