Notes on CC Players

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make notes from almost every player. It is a very useful resource for those who play regularly, as it is very common for you to play with them again, especially the CC players.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How specific do some of you get with your notes...like are you writing down entire hand histories?

My basically consist of if they're a calling station....as in will they chase long shot straights/flushes.
Will they call down any raise with any pair on the board, and I'm only recording hands and chip amounts if they constantly raise or call all-ins, just so I know what that shove range.

I'm sure there's something more beneficial to look at, but this is really the only information I've been jotting down.

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes is really important to find out the game of the opponent, just can not be treated as unaminidade

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used Excel and have it set up kind of like a spread sheet but with selectable columns to describe players, and an extra one for each row for more detailed notes. The list grows fast so I found this to be a nice way to organize things where it comes with tools to help organize as well. It allows me to search for players and quickly update/add new notes to them, I'm sure there are better ways but the keyword here is "quickly". I find its fast and simple enough to navigate through while I'm playing without ever losing track.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I note the all in cards.

This is something I do as well. I also will note the style of play and aggression level. Bet sizing , tilt response, and calling hands are key info. If someone is in many pots I am more likely to call, obviously then someone playing 2 hands an hour.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I still do not have any notes on any player, only a small memory for some actions. now, it seems to me that it's time to take notes and study different situations in more detail. well, I'll see how it affects my health. I'll put a mark on every player who's at the same table with me.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I am new playing the CC league, but little by little I am adding notes, that helps a lot to improve certain aspects of my game

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
hi glenn !!! I congratulate you on the excellent result in the league !!!
I also make notes about the players, but in most cases (I mean freerolls CC) with these games I played a lot of games and I know how they play, so these notes are almost useless for me !!! in the notes I basically write the real name of the player)))

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Grats on winning the league!

Look forward to playing against you (maybe again [no idea]).

Am stuck without computer for now do so notes for me! [emoji51]

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
at online poker is almost everyone keeping some kind of track of other players habits, be it as notes (which we all do) or some HUD, it's useful info, not always right, but most of the time.
:)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes are good to help you to make decisions in tough situation s, but also they can be tricky. I think it’s better to concentrate on your game. If someone mix with he’s strategy’s, what kind of notes will be useful. Not everyone playing straight forward.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been keeping notes on these donks for 10yrs. now ;)

Seriously though... I can't imagine not taking notes:confused: I take TONS of notes & find them hugely beneficial in private/league/forum games. Years ago during the online poker boom (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) I played in a number of private buyin games & leagues (different forums around the world... there were MANY)... sometimes I'd have 30 or more tournaments per day to play in (across a number of pokersites). In those games there were a couple dozen other players I would see in most of those other games so you'd find yourself playing against them often. Haviung good notes on them was crucial in my opinion.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use notes but wonder what notes players have on me.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:p I always wonder about what notes others may have on me...

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude for the cardschat players you don't need any notes.Everybody is playing the same.You just need to play with them every single night where is the tournament for the members happening and you will be able to figure everyone player out easily.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea, i have notes on a bunch of people playing the cc freeroll, but the most helpful is vpip and 3bet stat

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude for the cardschat players you don't need any notes.Everybody is playing the same.You just need to play with them every single night where is the tournament for the members happening and you will be able to figure everyone player out easily.

Are we really that easy tho? :D

I know several players who are playing way differently in league games and in freerolls.
That's why I am keeping track of both and in my note there is a * near a line, suggesting it is from league games.

Ok, and now it comes the real question. How many of you do you change your strategy so you wont become predictable?

I really think that none of you changes their strategy! A very few are working on their image tbh. I dont even take notes, I dont play at the league and I only play on pokerstars freerolls but I really feel I know what most CC players would do 7 out of 10 times.

I do agree that on freerolls, players tend to be more predictable, especially in early stages of the tournament. However, later on, I have seen some players adept big time, myself included.

M

Mateusss0617

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always set notes to jammer players to let me know next time that probably he is bluffing :)

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you guys,

this thread i created have prompted some good debate..

I mix up my play to prevent a pattern - i also devote several hours a week watching players as well as CC players in their games to see how they play..
If i was pushed, i would be 85-90% confident i could name the top 20 strongest players irrespective of the league performances.
In real life and live poker - i am very strong so developing that to the online game is a bigger fish to fry, more variance so much to learn (but i love learning).

AR AR AR AR AR

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Notes on players in most cases helps and this fact...

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are well done)) doing the right thing...
reading players is the way to success.. good luck brother..)
:shakehand

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for most they are the same & fall under one of these titles >>
"sooooo bad"
"wow! can they really be THAT bad?"
"non-thinking drooler"
"Level 1 thinker (if they're thinking at all)"
"over-aggro clueless button masher"
"flush master (anything soooooted)"
"wants to see the flop! (this player will call any 3 or 4bet while out of position once they've put ANYTHING into the pot).
"thinks they are good but are clearly far from good (at least they appear to be 'thinking')"
Fully agree, notes are useful

I'm sure I'm in all!
One little detail to keep in mind that many new cc members have limited skills...some might improve.
Although....the freeroll for all on ps has 1000+ players but the one for 25+ players just makes 200.