Can music help you stay focused while on MMT

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't usually listen to music while playing poker, I prefer to be on discord with friends who also play discussing some possible solutions, but when I'm alone I put on music very quietly.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Indeed, music can be a powerful ally in maintaining focus during online poker sessions. The right playlist serves as a mental anchor, reducing distractions and enhancing concentration. Upbeat tunes can boost mood, while ambient music provides a calm backdrop for strategic thinking. However, it's crucial to find a balance; music should complement, not overpower, the game. Tailoring the playlist to personal preferences creates a positive, immersive environment, transforming the online poker session into a focused, enjoyable experience.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The music just distracts me from the game.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes yes, when too deep i like to focus so i turn it off.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always like listening to music while I'm playing

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course it can, during a long game it can help you relax a little.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now music doesn’t bring me any positive emotions, and it doesn’t help me concentrate, that’s for sure, I hope this feeling will go away with time, but jazz is top

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on person to person. Music does help to calm the mind for few, so it helps them.

For some it's more entertaining and distracting. The entertainment might kill the boredom when the game is slow, but distraction adversely affects decision making.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on the music, there are certain genres that help me, others that distract me.
But yeah, I would definitely answer yes to your question.
I usually listen to doomer wave during tournaments.

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't think so, if you put Binaural sounds or any music that may activate some specific parts of your brain you'd get the result you've already mentioned.
Studies have shown that music can only relieve, but not help in any way (Although I ignore this and continue to play with music):D

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
No, if I hear music I get distracted and can't focus 100% in the game.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly listen to 70's and 80's music. That is what I grew up with so its calming to me. but whatever your flavor music helps you get through the long MTT's.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on the mood, but in general, yes, I think music helps to improve concentration. I often listen to music while playing and mostly I prefer modern youth music.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes,it can help you relax and concentrate.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Playing music relaxes me and allows me to concentrate more on the game

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Music can be a helpful tool for maintaining focus, including during activities like MMT (Medication-Assisted Treatment). Many people find that listening to music they enjoy can create a positive and focused environment. However, individual preferences vary, so it's essential to choose music that aligns with your personal taste and helps you concentrate.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing online it is nice but I tried it playing live poker and it was very distracting. I like to enjoy music when I am listening to it and that takes my focus off the game. :)

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
soft spanish music is my preferred music

MrTrax

MrTrax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Alot of poker players prefer high-energy and uplifting music with minimal vocals to accompany their game. I personally prefer listening to house music to improve concentration and performance during my poker games.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In most cases, music helps me to be more focused while playing, but of course it primarily depends on my mood. I mainly prefer music from my favorite YouTube channels, namely music for meditation or relaxation.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What kind of music do you usually listen to when playing poker? I usually listen to Jazz Blue late at night, during a long tour.
This is the playlist I often listen to, do you want to listen to it?
I liked the music, but I still prefer to listen to just the instruments