dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
What kind of music do you usually listen to when playing poker? I usually listen to Jazz Blue late at night, during a long tour.
This is the playlist I often listen to, do you want to listen to it?

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really like listening to epic instrumental music. Usually OST of medieval epic films and some animes.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I always listen to good music when I'm playing tournaments...

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Listening to music while I'm playing definitely helps me stay focused.

The musical style depends on my mood, but in general I'd prefer to listen instrumental music, without any vocals.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything depends on my mood. Sometimes music is really good at keeping you focused, and sometimes you just want some silence. There are different days. I usually choose music from my favorite YouTube channels, but most of the time it's all relaxation and relaxation music, something like Space Scenes Deep Relaxation.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, without a doubt, music helps many people to concentrate and gather themselves while playing poker, but for some, including me, it distracts, although it's all a matter of habit.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, sometimes I listen to instrumentals. It helps a lot with concentration.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
music helps you with a lot of stuff it´s very positive for your mind

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I listen to minimal or progressive depending on condition.
If i am in a good state - save that state - minimal.
If i am a bit out of it - progressive.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, it helps me a lot to get through the entire day. Especially when it's a long session.

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, music helps me focus better, i listen to meditation music and hz music during poker tournaments.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't listen to music at all, I think it prevents my thoughts from thinking correctly and concentrating on the game, but music helps in sports and I listen when I train gives me the strength and emotion I need in poker I love silence when I play poker tournaments and silence without music helps me a lot so poker is better to play without music

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What kind of music do you usually listen to when playing poker? I usually listen to Jazz Blue late at night, during a long tour.
I used to always play poker and listen to music at the same time (mostly One Republic and Muse songs). But when the war in Ukraine started, I play without music to hear the sound of the air alarm when russia starts attacking my city with rockets. :(

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like this style, especially because there aren't many tribulations in the rhythm and it keeps my heart beating normally.

The ideal is to always create a healthy atmosphere, so include music and the TV program.

Of course, you should always remember to stay focused, if something gets in the way, remove it.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I don't like listening to music with lyrics when I play, I used to find the words distracting when I had big decisions to make, Especially with a timer. Now I have quiet background music without lyrics, Works better for me.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think so ..for the fisrt couple of hours I am only focus on the game and at the end of the sesion I put some chillout music :)

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you look at poker streamers, most of them listen to music while playing. It depends on the person how he can concentrate while listening to music.
This is also true for studying, for example, I could never study with music, but poker is different, I think you can do a lot other things while playing.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Studies have shown that music can only relieve, but not help in any way (Although I ignore this and continue to play with music):D

LordMan

LordMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I tend to favor more upbeat, empowering music when playing poker. Songs with driving beats, motivational lyrics, or a triumphant sound really get me in a focused, competitive headspace during key hands. I want to feel like a warrior heading to battle at the felt, not drift off to sleep:cool:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Ofcourse ,also a Netflix movie or YouTube video or a stream on twitch . Playing only poker for hours is not fun without doing sth else at the same time . Ofcourse when it's close to a FT or big money , then i wull focus only on poker . But if it's early on a tourney or if it's very cheap tourney, then focusing only on the poker is not worthy or good .

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Ofcourse ,also a Netflix movie or YouTube video or a stream on twitch . Playing only poker for hours is not fun without doing sth else at the same time . Ofcourse when it's close to a FT or big money , then i wull focus only on poker . But if it's early on a tourney or if it's very cheap tourney, then focusing only on the poker is not worthy or good .
Yub! A movie or a TV show can help us relax more than focusing on poker at the beginning of the tour.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
music can cheer you up when a session goes downhill