Late Registration in Tournaments

Lonelypactyx

Lonelypactyx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is relevant when there is the possibility of re-entry or rebuy. In other cases, late registration unfair.

Lonelypactyx

Lonelypactyx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfair, how?

1. if you play from the beginning, it is more difficult to get to the prizes.
2. if you register late, you are less likely to increase your stack.
So the presence of rebuys and re-entry little bit helps.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind if players late register, its just anither low stack player to take out. Sure some players will say they have rhe effective stack. But i will call off 25% of my stack np 1v1 (depending on the notes lol)

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. if you play from the beginning, it is more difficult to get to the prizes.False, there are alot of chips to be taken in the early stages of a tournament, and if you can't make it past these fish, how are you going to make it past the players who know how to play?
2. if you register late, you are less likely to increase your stack.Depends on how late you register, the later, the less BBs you have to work with.If I register late to a game, I usually limit it to 1/2 hour in turbos and no later than 1 hour in regular speed.
So the presence of re-buys and re-entry little bit helps.
I didn't like the re-entry when PS introduced it, but have adapted, plays too much like a re-buy, just without the add-on.

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had some success with late registration into tournaments. All you need is a quick couple of double ups and sometimes you are above the average stack size. You judt need a bit of luck to find big hands straight away.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Become at this late can be also something to occupy at least if you know how to play

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is completely up to the player paying for entry to said tournament. There are equal number of opportunities for each position of time upon entry of a MTT. Some will have more expensive blinds then previous hands and sometimes it will just mak3 utter nonsense. Tournaments are all about style in order to place a victoru in a tourney

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here there is no point in talking about it.
Late check - just one of a number of conditions of the tournament regulations.
On the justice or injustice of particular conditions we should not talk, because conditions specifies the organizer of the tournament. We can only agree to play this tournament on the set conditions or not to play!

Vin Keyzone

Vin Keyzone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My take is that if you manage your chips nicely you actually have leverage since your chip count should be more than those that register late. Remember the blinds get higher the later they register.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not ??? it is much more difficult because coming in late there above the blinds and the player is very difficult , in my opinion, just luck ))))

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From start you can get some chips from fishes without all-in risky. From start you have a good stack and can play normal range

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very strongly don't love, late registration, especially when it to last 2 hours ((

C

chronner575

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration

This (late registration) should be used as part of the strategy, and complaining about what is honest and what is not, it's not really about poker)))

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
you play by the rules and if players used the rule to enter 2hrs so be it

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If late registering is such an advantage, why would anyone ever enter a tourney at the scheduled time at all?
All players are aware of the structure of the tourney so no-one is being disadvantaged.
I am sure for every player that late joins and cashes there are more than one who shoves his short stack and is gone after playing 1-3 hands.

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

Hello,
I think in tournaments with late registration is not honest for player, who has started game from the start and somebody is starting in 10th level and won.

What do you think?

I don't see this as a problem, plus the fact that growing Bank

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it

Although not a fan of 2 hours of late reg I do sometimes come home later than usual so without it would miss some of my regular tournaments . I don't reg late for any other reason other than I didn't log on in time to get into tournament . I think it is a disadvantage to late entry as you've missed so many chances to build your stack and your probably only buying in for 10 to 15 BB so you have to be aggressive and double up fast . there is no advantage to late entry as you are always buying in behind in chips . Also there are lots of tourneys without late reg so if you don't like it don't play them play tourneys without it

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late registration is well if the late. only not more than 30 minutes

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1hr max late reg is fine by me. any longer, no.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that different tournaments have different strategies, you can select what you like. The most important is which strategy you can win. And of course remember about real luck!

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care either way. It's frustrating for sure if an opponent buys in at the last level or 2 with 10BBs and shoves hands and gets lucky and now has 30-50bbs and you have been grinding for 2.5 hours.

However, if your BR allows this and you love to gamble, go for it.
I don't late reg often, but when I do, it's usually a stake I can afford to gamble at.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a fan of late registration , but sometimes it can play to your advantage. It enables you to watch the game and take notes on players before entering the tournament .

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If late registering is such an advantage, why would anyone ever enter a tourney at the scheduled time at all?
All players are aware of the structure of the tourney so no-one is being disadvantaged.
I am sure for every player that late joins and cashes there are more than one who shoves his short stack and is gone after playing 1-3 hands.

Yeah exactly, only reason some players enter in late is because they just can't be bothered to play at the very low blind levels in big tourneys (take Phill Helmuth who enters a couple of hours late at wsop). However you can only do that when you got the skill to make up for it. Because it always puts you at a disadventage since your stack is smaller relative to both others and the blinds.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think "late registration" gives additional advantages to good players who are playing from the begin of the tournament and disadvantages to those who trying "to save time" coming later. It's like with all those turbo tournaments, faster your stack getting short, less opportunities you have to increase it and more luck you need to get to the final table. So i'm coming always punctual to the start of MTTs with late registration. Playing more hands, when blinds are still small and make a pressure then on those shorties, who "came late" at my table.