Late Registration in Tournaments

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some friends who prefer to enter the final minutes of the Late Registration in which the average chip is approximated the initials, double the chips and play tight. I think both ways are interesting, but Late from the start can become tiring

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there someone forcing you to play in a tournament that has 1-3 hours of late registration?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you come in late and the blinds are high you can't really play proper poker, you've just got to shove and hope to get lucky with a few double ups. A lot of the time that doesn't happen, so I don't think it is a great strategy.

V

VadesAdes Sh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Scenario is always the same. At the beginning of the tournament all table was called my monsters hands. Somebody always bad beat me. In my opinion, in tournaments with small buy-ins better is enter at the end of late registration.:ангел:

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you come in late and the blinds are high you can't really play proper poker, you've just got to shove and hope to get lucky with a few double ups. A lot of the time that doesn't happen, so I don't think it is a great strategy.
How is shoving as a short stack not proper?

What's the difference between me joining a game late, starting with 12 BBs, getting dealt a decent hand, and open shoving from MP and you starting from the beginning, playing for 2 hours, becoming a short stack (for whatever reason), and shoving a decent hand?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Scenario is always the same. At the beginning of the tournament all table was called my monsters hands. Somebody always bad beat me. In my opinion, in tournaments with small buy-ins better is enter at the end of late registration.:ангел:

Same here , you have to avoid multiway flips even with you monster hands and try to pick spots like playing a little bit looser from the BB or sometimes complete your SB with some potentialy good hands. And the only way to risk your entirely stack is only after flop and with the nuts.

I only risk my tourney life with a very strong hand if I play against a loose player but only with one opponent-not multiway

I follow this strategy, it's not a professional thing because i'm new to the game but it will help you for now.

good luck

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I not like late registration!late registration must be max 30 min!I agrre author!!

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In the poker school open league late registration brings points without playing at the beginning of the month

sakenby

sakenby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think that the tournaments with late registration it's not fair,then don't play them.Play where late registration is not...

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think that the tournaments with late registration it's not fair,then don't play them.Play where late registration is not...
Thank you. Here we are just discussing

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
After the 30 min ,late registration insists more aggressive play

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A late registration is not scary. Here an infinite number of rebuys unnerving.

P

PeteyPablo3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, late registration is good because I can make it if you're late.but when you enter after level 10 it is still necessary to win from the first second deal since the stakes are high already-it must also be able .

ByronP

ByronP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a different strategy. extra late reg is just a way to get more buy ins. It is all about the money. have fun at the tables

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late registration,hmmmmm, i do not mind late reg as i have found myself forgetting, or busy and all of a sudden remember about the tourny
I dislike the 2-3 hr late reg'slike many sites are doing. 1 hour is fine for normal ,1/2 hr for hypers
many last min entries will be shoving most hands more so when they buy-in and the blinds are so hi that they only have 2-3 BB to play with
almost the same as a rebuy

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i think

Hello,
I think in tournaments with late registration is not honest for player, who has started game from the start and somebody is starting in 10th level and won.

What do you think?

Me I think every one should start at the start. If they can't then they should not be allowed to registered late. But I also think that people that just sets out should be kicked out of the tourney has well.

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 2hr late reg is great for bounty builder tournaments though. You get a wave of players registering at the end of late reg with like 10bb and they're shoving a pretty wide range. Great oppourtunity for a deeper stack to pick up small pots AND bounties!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful doesn't think its fair at all for those that have started the tournament from the beginning but 5 min to play a hand is also ridickulous and get booted out

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I can say is that a tourney is a marathon not a race.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LR is very nice.U can just win big amount of chips and then call low stacks at the end of registration and make a snowballing effect.There are lots of recreation players at the begginning and stack is huge so just fix your range leaks and strategy and enjoy.

paipingprung

paipingprung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
I think in tournaments with late registration is not honest for player, who has started game from the start and somebody is starting in 10th level and won.

What do you think?

I only come in real late if i can rebuy to get to chip average...you see some late late entrys get lucky bust two quick double ups.percentages say if you come in with say 10 bbs or less, your more likely to fail than succeed...welcome these entrys with open arms.

DianaPrinces

DianaPrinces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend, I think it is worth trying to register after 33% of the time of late registration so that the crazy ones fall by themselves and it becomes more interesting the game, since we know that there are people who subscribe and soon of beginning gain a hand Type KJ and go all in. This can knock out your pair of 10

___The sky is not the limit___

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is that late registration is part of the poker, tell me how many times you lose the start of any tournament but you can play it thanks to late registration and get the cash ???

Think to the satelites of many torunaments.... if you want start in the middle of the late registration...

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you do not like a late check that they do not play!