Late Registration in Tournaments

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you start the tournament, then play only from the very beginning. Time is expensive in the tournament.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Late registration! Especially in tournaments with a small bayin.

Andriy Doshchyn

Andriy Doshchyn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For good players, longer time of tournament is plus indeed, because they can get more EV from it.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
I think in tournaments with late registration is not honest for player, who has started game from the start and somebody is starting in 10th level and won.

What do you think?

You might be right but I have to say this is how I earn on ACR these days.

I register in the $40-$60 Guarantees & cage games in the last few levels. With my aggression and timing, I do very well in them. I keep a $10 S&G or a $25 PLO table going at the same time to keep me in a patient frame of mind.

as long as its allowed, I will keep up this style but I tend to agree with your thinking. I often feel a little guilty trapping and busting out a guy I know has been sitting there for 5 hours waiting for then Aces then slow plays them on my BB allowing my 86s to catch.:D

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All just 50/50 risk those and others. From early departure, no one is immune, and late registration makes you play with a short stack! Each chooses for himself !!!:круто:

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that everything is honest. Just what it is more convenient for players to play with a small stack and komuto with a large stack.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the max. late reg. should be 30 minutes imo.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I registered in the last minute of this one,

Keplesh is my ACR ID.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 2.43.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 2.43.38 PM.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 50
CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Helps to be catching.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 3.02.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 3.02.03 PM.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 50
N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate paying 2 hours only to see people buy or rebuy. Yeah, all their rebuys add to the pot, but I think it is slightly unfair to those short stacked to have someone new and fresh tower above then. I like the idea of 30 minutes or 1 level for all entries to be done.

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting the game from the beginning, it is possible to build up a good stack. This is an advantage over the players who registered late.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also kike playing from the very begining of the tourney because it gives an oportunity to find out more about your oponents!!!!

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nice to start from scratch to play why the blinds are small and when either join before they turned almost have to do all in

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another factor is I rarely have nine or 10 hours to dedicate to worthwhile tournament whereas three or four hours is much easier to come by

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like tournaments with late reg. I begin to play with 100 players and finish playing with 400 players. It is longer tournament and I don't like it. I don't play tourneys with late reg.

C

cjhanas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a fan of entering a tourney late, because I think I'm just lessening the chance of a better outcome due to seeing less hands with the same amount of chips and paying higher blinds than the guy that started from the very beginning. It does make sense though if stamina is your biggest opponent at the tables, and getting worn out before making the money.

I personally won't enter a tourney if I'm more than 30 minutes late, because that's 30 minutes of opportunity to make hands, read my opponents, and play while the blinds are cheap to advance.

DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is absolutely necessary to play aggressively. We also need to make decisions, at least some (which the enemy takes)

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes the pots are low starting at the first stage but being there is a critical chance of stacking up quickly from the donks raising all in from the start with crap hands (i guess im thinking freerolls and mini limit tourneys) but the good thing about small pots is more opporyunities to watch your opponents and see who is playing too many hands, who the ATMs are and who the tight Rocks are. Even if you dont play a single hand the first few rounds its a great advantage to know the competition that way you can put them on hands quicker. Otherwise good luck sitting in at the table late registering and having no table image. It just shortens your chance to win drastically.

I guess arguments might be made for rebuy and addon tournaments

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that late registration is bad because by that time many players already have decent stacks and it's already hard to compete with them, the blinds are also great. Playing from the beginning watching the game of others and analyzing with less risk than then when the rate increases.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I follow this philosophy.
I can enter into a state of high concentration and agree that makes it difficult for top campaigns to enter this way.

Sometimes I enter half an hour from the end of the record to develop better and not wear out with the lack of concentration that I have in the early stages taking the tournaments at the beginning

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting opinions in this thread :)

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to go into late registration for a maximum of 15 minutes because it has the advantage that the worst players have already been eliminated. FOR EXAMPLE: You enter a tournament with 1500 players. If you enter 15 minutes late, surely the tournament will already be with approximately 1300 players and you will still be with at least 50 big blinds to play quietly. But never enter a delay of more than 15 minutes, because from the 16th minute you will be at a total disadvantage. Enter a delay of a maximum of 15 minutes. That way you can have a certain advantage and your chips can still give you a nice game.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Some players have an advantage at playing later at a tournament using late registration and playing the short stack low bb shove strategy . Some others are good at playing early , with the cards , suited , pairs , etc to accumulate chips and build stacks . And some others are trying to find out which style is better for them . I think I like to play from the beginning to enjoy the tournament that I have paid for , see more hands , maybe more tables , I like it that way , at least for now :)

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I try not to enter later, already the limits are higher, as long as the rivals are tuning, you will learn the time yet, but sometimes I come to the later very rarely.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not a fan of late registration as I feel it drags out the tournament. Some tournaments offer a couple hours late registration which is just ridicolous.