Late Registration in Tournaments

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration tourneys l like because the prizepool is bigger the more the merrier but do not buy in too late horrible having half your stack in on the big blind and gotta call any 2 cards lol gud luck

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like late registration just for only maybe the first hour or so. Anything above that just isn't my cup of tea unless it is a super slow structure

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late reg is okay in my opinion but once it gets down to 30BB or less there’s really no point unless you just want to gamble.

woonybet

woonybet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registrations

Most tournaments offer late registrations.

I am not sure what the best way is to go about late registrations.

It feels like a flip for me.. It makes sure you can avoid the early loose calls and crazy plays, but it also makes you have a late start to go deep and stack up...

Do you play mostly from the start, late registration, or don't really care?

Thanks for your insights!
GL @ the tables

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always like to try to get in from the start. This is where some players spew chips and if you get a few good hands to start you can easily double/triple up. If you find yourself looking at late reg I personally only enter if the buyin is greater than 50BB. Anything less than that is too much of a gamble for me.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing regular tournaments since the start
Only when I play Bounty Tournament I like to get involved later

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it more from the beginning and I play much better when I take advantage to the opponents and that's good.

V

vanildo_ferr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it goes from the style of game of each player. I, for example, who prefer to play tournaments hyper and turbos I feel comfortable in entering tournaments under 20bb.
One of the negative factors of entering late register is in hyper tournaments where most recreational players fall into the first blinds, but then you will adapt to your style of play.

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, late registration is superfluous, in the first tournaments on time would know less than time, and you would immediately see how many participants. I think there would be more chances for success, getting into prizes.

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's usually best to reg early but the starting stacks are sometimes so huge you aren't missing out on much. Some tournaments registering at the last moment will only give a few BB, but you can get in the money in a matter of minutes.

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate long tournaments with late registrations, it's so boring :-(

RVlad17

RVlad17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play turbo or hyper turbo tournaments is better to join from the begging..but in a deep stack tournament normal speed u can join after 1 hour without problems

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like late registrations, firstly because if there is not enough patience in advance, and so you can go and take risks, and if you're lucky enough to collect a decent bank and play in the future

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don'T really like late registration.
Always start at the beginning. I think it's easier

J

JRNorris95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just noticed there is a big thread already here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/late-registration-313835/

maybe a mod can close this or move this...

There are nearly 3 million posts. I am prerty sure there is a thread on everything. I dont know if there is anything wrong about the same topic being reposted at a later date by someone else. It gives readers some fresh perspective and it gives commentors an opportunity to post their thoughts.

Especially when that other thread is over a year old.

Alex Houngan

Alex Houngan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is more convenient for me personally to play MTT (Freezeout), because players play more collected and do not throw chips, and all the main live events of pokerstars, which we are watching on TV, too Freezeout.

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like late registration. And it's very annoying when a lot of players come running in the last minutes!

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to register at the start,the problem is some tournaments have really long late registration so i late reg sometimes,but only if im not less then 40 BB when i reg..

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The further the game - the stronger the field!!! I think that tournaments need to be played from the very beginning, because it allows you to increase your stack due to weak players who by the end of the late registration, will completely lose all their chips.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think starting late is not bad so long as the blinds you have to call aren't more than 5% of your starting stack. Starting too late is the sure way to make yourself have to gamble though. It's best if you have the patience to endure 5 hours of late registration so you can build a good stack while the blinds are low.

R

RhoadesHoyle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was taught that starting whenever you feel most comfortable is the best time.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to register at the beginning of the tournament because blinds are small, that way I can see see more hands and try and wait for my cards, this way I can hopefully stack up my chips at the beginning of the tournament that way later in the tournament I can wait for good hands and go from there.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This can be a tough decision. While registering early can give you a head start on gaining chips, you also need to avoid the early all ins. Registering late you may be behind but are less likely to encounter a bunch of all ins. Personally, i like register for the beginning of a tournament, but I wont register if the chip average is more than double my starting stack.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play from the very beginning, because I think that at an early stage you can not only lose part of the stack, but also significantly increase the number of chips, if you get good cards and the case. It's banal. :eek: