Late Registration in Tournaments

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late check-in depressing.... If you start from the start then over and over again see how another fool is all-in with garbage. On the other hand it is possible to survive the early stage and enter under the addon.
Anyway the game starts only when the late registration is over. Before that strange movement of chips on the table

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to enter the party when the late reg is ended. because before that there are lots of "difficult" players.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When the tournament is slow, with 2 h late registration I register after 30 min play. Fresh power is very important.

Tr0pik

Tr0pik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, i never registered in tournament to late registration..

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to register at beginning, sometimes I register late but never when I start with less than 10 BBs.

usmc2doc

usmc2doc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm....

For me it depends on the length of late reg. An hour-long late reg will see me register on time to give myself time to build a stack. 2-3 hours + late registration will see me register in the last hour. It doesn't seem to be that many chips moving around early on because players on more careful about picking their spots. Once again, it also depends on whether or not these tournaments have reentry, rebuys, double rebuys, and etc. I register on time for Freezeouts.

So basically like everything in poker......It Depends!! lol:cool::cool::cool:

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When very long tournaments, I prefer to register at the last minute, many times if you're lucky you can win a couple of all ins, and enter awards.

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early for sure, su you can see much more showdowns and understand players profiles

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On time registration allows building up your stack. Late registration means you have to be careful and play only very good hands in hopes of getting your stack built up and playing tight.

Sword

Sword

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the one hand late registration is good, you are late, and there is an opportunity to register, but on the other hand reduces the chances of winning.

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registering positive/negative

What do you think of this? Can it be positive, or negative?

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's good, but it shouldn't be long. If you plan to start playing late in the tournament, you should have a minimum
30 blinds, but a lot depends on the structure of the tournament.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration is convenient, since it allow people to sit right down and play rather than wait for the next tournament to start up. Or if you fancy a particular tournament, you can still play it, even you missed the start, because you were eating dinner or something.

However I think, most poker sites are taking it to far. Allowing people to still enter a tournament, when it has been running for 2-3 hours, is unfair to those players, who turned up on time, since the ICM-value of chips go up, every time someone bust without cashing.

Its also borderline annoying, since these last minute entrances drive down the average stack size, and sometimes the tournament will fluctuate back and forth between for instance 4 and 5 tables, as people alternatingly enter and bust.

E

E V A N

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you guys, I’m not against late reg as a concept, but HOW it’s applied I disagree with (2-3 hours).

I personally think it should be 15 mins maximum just a backup for players arriving late. I don’t like the strategy of entering late or having other people enter late ESPECIALLY when there are no rebuys

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its available I will late register most of the time.:):):)

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's good, but it shouldn't be long. If you plan to start playing late in the tournament, you should have a minimum
30 blinds, but a lot depends on the structure of the tournament.

Late registration is convenient, since it allow people to sit right down and play rather than wait for the next tournament to start up. Or if you fancy a particular tournament, you can still play it, even you missed the start, because you were eating dinner or something.

However I think, most poker sites are taking it to far. Allowing people to still enter a tournament, when it has been running for 2-3 hours, is unfair to those players, who turned up on time, since the ICM-value of chips go up, every time someone bust without cashing.

Its also borderline annoying, since these last minute entrances drive down the average stack size, and sometimes the tournament will fluctuate back and forth between for instance 4 and 5 tables, as people alternatingly enter and bust.

I agree with you guys, I’m not against late reg as a concept, but HOW it’s applied I disagree with (2-3 hours).

I personally think it should be 15 mins maximum just a backup for players arriving late. I don’t like the strategy of entering late or having other people enter late ESPECIALLY when there are no rebuys

I agree with you all... well explained.

If its available I will late register most of the time.:):):)

Example: With the freebuy super series on A.C you have almost 2 hours late registering, with 2 free rebuys. I register 1,5 hour late, go all inn with good cards couple of time, play slow and get in the money... Its works for me. Normal i don't play that way ...

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I reg super late, usually like 1-2 min before reg closes. Sometimes as little as 5bb. First off this is practical for micro stakes MTT. The marginal gains in chips isn't worth the 2 hours vs if I can last 20 more min after late reg closes I am ITM.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it positive when it's short, the tournaments I like to play late registration is 2 hours, I think it's exaggerated.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Late registration is nice so you dont miss a event if you are running a little late. The issue is how long some of these late registrations go. Its gotten ridiculous how long they go online on some event. Its so long I have been playing less and less as I cant play 6 hour events that have 2 + hours and more of late registration.Even live events have gone to far. I played in the wsop this year and 12 levels of late registration to enter the event. Around 10 1/2 hours after the start of the event the late registration ended, Its just to much.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The five hour late reg just kills me. I like to enter relatively early. 3 hours not so bad, unless youre PLANNING a snipe.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love late check-in! I play, I enjoy! I'm in no hurry! I think a good Turik should be the registration about 3 hours - it rules!

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
positive parts: short time to itm, big chances to deep because on the start we have two nh for push.
negative parts: short stack and we have one moove and we don't right on the leak.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Late Registration? yes.

Good afternoon everyone.
The word a poker player will hear the most after a question is "depends".
It depends on the structure of Mtt.
Lately I'm liking to do late inscription, has its advantages and disadvantages.
The disadvantage is that you lose the opportunity to grow your stack from the beginning of Mtt, the advantage of late inscription is that there are some players who will be short on chips that you can exploit, and other players go All with weak hands for having little patience.
That is my opinion.
I like to make late registrations.